Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Should I Resign And Press For Litigations? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resign And Press For Litigations? (255 Views)

Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Resign And Press For Litigations? by platodeen(m): 11:10am On Aug 06, 2020
Hello, everyone.

It is a long story but I will be brief as much as i can, in order to get definite direction.

I joined this firm a year, ago.

I have been receiving my salary since I joined until four months ago. As soon as covid-19 holiday starts, my boss (Finance Officer) stopped paying me, while others where being paid in full and to date; he deliberately excluded my name from the payroll.

No genuine reason was given whatsoever. The management is not taking it easy with him, on the matter, though.

Due to lack of fund to even transport myself down to the premises, I decided to stay home as others were being paid and I was exempted. During my stay at home, he made some relentless efforts to ensure that I come to work and when the question of not having the means to come to work arises, he ignores.

I am a chartered accountant. I work in the finance department and only would do my duties very well; the reason why he would want me to remain in the department.

He is so influential in the organisation to the extent that he has practically 'pocketed' the HR, even the MD. This is an evidence that informed his decision to deliberately exclude my name from the payroll.

His bad attitude, manipulations, atrocities is not new to all as he is never in good terms with everyone: HODs, subordinates, etc.

I am beginning to feel depressed as I practically make use of personal loans to sponsor myself down to the premises.

When I receive my salary, I do set a percentage for airtime used in calling customers. But non receipt of salary won't only affect me in person, but hinders my job as well.

I thought about staying at home; I would have enough to save while I explore other opportunities. But going to work?, I might only be sponsoring another man's business with my money and effort as all plea to him has falling on deaf ears.

When I tried to really ask of my offence, he made a statement like,'...you do things with igbos too much...'. Meanwhile, my organisation is crop of igbos with whom we work with. May i equally mention that he is a 'konk' Yoruba man. I am a Yoruba, too. But all efforts to reach an understanding with him, proved abortive. Although, everyone knows him for his arrogance unforgiving attitude.

Although, the HHR and the Admin are never in support of his attitude towards me. They never want to get involved because he has a strong link to the CEO ie Whatever he tells the CEO is what prevails.

I am depressed already.

I wish to resign as I envisaged it would give me peace of mind, just like I experienced during the pandemic holiday, even though I was begging to feed as he has refused to pay my over 4 months salary, while other colleagues get paid.

I actually did sent a resignation mail to the HR but was ignored but was made to understand that he(my boss) will pay those outstandings.

The MD learnt about the matter and, in collaboration with the HR, called to resolve to being transferred to other department, which I agree.
Unfortunately, on Monday morning, the letter I got was 'Extension of Probationary Period' by two months, after obviously spending more than a year with the firm.

I noticed that he(Finance officer) influenced it in order to have a final privilege of indicting me...may be to justify his decisions of removing my name from payroll and nonpayment, without any notice and unfairly.

I am afraid of the extension because a week into it has been filled with deliberate avenue for indictment. ( But I thank God because He has been exonerating me and making me have more credence). I guess it is to frustrate me to consider resignation or indict me and get fired. Although, i currently have HODs, wooing that I come to their departments.

With him, the environment is becoming unsafe and am willing to tender a resignation but afraid of the uncertainties that comes with it.

I have to reiterate the fact that, I have never done anything bad to him or should I say that, he doesn't tell when he is offended but only take unto
Re: Should I Resign And Press For Litigations? by Kriss216: 11:12am On Aug 06, 2020
When I tried to really ask of my offence, he made a statement like,'...you do things with igbos too much...'. Meanwhile, my organisation is crop of igbos with whom we work with. May i equally mention that he is a 'konk' Yoruba man

What's your Oga's problem with Igbos? Igbos are not the cause of his frustrations in life.

OP, you're a good man. You're one of the few good Yorubas I've met. whatever decision you're taking, don't ever consider quitting that job for that bigoted dimwit!

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do With #200,000? / Become A Certified Electrical, Instrumentation & Automation Engineer/technician / How To Start A Cleaning Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.