Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,898 members, 7,844,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

my travel and bitter experience to lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / my travel and bitter experience to lagos (876 Views)

My Travel Experience To East Africa / Lady Shares Her Bitter Experience With GIGMotors / My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

my travel and bitter experience to lagos by veneza(f): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
after long thought about relocating as soon as this pandemic is over with hubby and kids to Lagos which we think is what we can afford.
I wasn't impressed with what I saw as soon as I arrived.
my hubby and i has done few real estate investment so we decided to go to Lagos ajah precisely which we thought is conducive to raise our kids,but am sorry is the case,am going back first thing tomorrow.
Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by sylve11: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
So why are you telling us? undecided cool

2 Likes

Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by Imamshekau(m): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
angry

Lagos is overhyped.
I felt disappointed too when I visited last year in search of greener pastures,too many traffic gridlocks, unhygienic and polluted air everywhere,too many hostile residents with badblood, pickpockets,riffraffs, street urchins, agberos everywhere,high living and accommodation costs.

I'd prefer to live in places like ogunstate or ibadan than to be in Lagos.
Lagos na rubbish joor abeg I no want.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by veneza(f): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
firstly the ijebu ode epe lekki road is crazy,we where bathed with red dusty sand coupled with a condemned road I have never travel ones before even in my village.
As soon as we got to ibeju approaching Lagos it became dusty white sand even in a season like this.
I shake my head.
Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by veneza(f): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
sylve11:
So why are you telling us? undecided cool

He pain me
Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by veneza(f): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
I was touring through some estate in ajah it was really alarming,kids playing everywhere,few fine building and more houses that is supposed to be in the slum.
houses that I can not even manage in warri for 50k even if you give me free stay they will be 450k above.
in my eyes ajah looks like a glorified ghetto .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by veneza(f): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
I just feel they are not getting value for their money that 500k packages are for mini flat and not new house,when you can get 300kminimum for 2 and 3 bedroom flat with in Delta State and Edo state.it is well.
If I tell you the hotel experience....
the only perfectly good experience I had was the restaurant I ate,it was an igbo owned restaurant the food was perfect,it was like home away from home.
Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by olamide0147: 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
veneza:
I was touring through some estate in ajah it was really alarming,kids playing everywhere,few fine building and more houses that is supposed to be in the slum.
houses that I can not even manage in warri for 50k even if you give me free stay they will be 450k above.
in my eyes ajah looks like a glorified ghetto .
I won't blame you with everything you've posted here it shows your level of exposure is low, come to chevron im sure you and your husband can't afford a Bq here.

1 Like

Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by veneza(f): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
olamide0147:

I won't blame you with everything you've posted here it shows your level of exposure is low, come to chevron im sure you and your husband can't afford a Bq here.
everything is for the show and name,am not saying things should not be expensive but should worth it

2 Likes

Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
veneza:

everything is for the show and name,am not saying things should not be expensive but should worth it
but these things are not new. Even those staying in others states know.
Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by veneza(f): 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
my main reason of choosing ajah,was that the then ajah was very impressive to me I gbadu the place so much ,2008 2010,I have lived there on visit for months,and I love the serenity of the place but everywhere now is business hub.
Am not saying all of this to discourage any one.
one man's meat another mans kpomo

1 Like

Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by veneza(f): 8:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
but these things are not new. Even those staying in others states know.
I knew this before too but I thought that the house will tally with the cash.
Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
veneza:

I knew this before too but I thought that the house will tally with the cash.
lagos is a glorified slum. Island is only being managed by some due to closeness to work. If you dont have SUV to enter flood water oyo is the case lol.

4 Likes

Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by veneza(f): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
lagos is a glorified slum. Island is only being managed by some due to closeness to work. If you dont have SUV to enter flood water oyo is the case lol.
This is my point,both the Rich, average man and even the poor are suffering and smiling except from the very very rich dudes.
Re: my travel and bitter experience to lagos by olamide0147: 12:29am On Aug 07, 2020
veneza:
my main reason of choosing ajah,was that the then ajah was very impressive to me I gbadu the place so much ,2008 2010,I have lived there on visit for months,and I love the serenity of the place but everywhere now is business hub.
Am not saying all of this to discourage any one.
one man's meat another mans kpomo
ajah has slums and there are also serene locations too, so it depends on where you, with all your B*s it obvious you can't afford to reside here on island, so stop forming. if you truly want to be a resident here on island come to chevron or go to Osborne.

(1) (Reply)

How To Travel From Benin To Enugu / Travelling To The UK / Adoption Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.