Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well (1000 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Does Not Do Slow / Corolla- Does Not Start/jerks When It Does / Honda Accord 1999/2000 Can Not Accelerate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by Nicholas4(m): 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
Good evening house. I have a very pressing issue.

Whenever I start my car in the morning and shift my gear to drive, the car doesn't accelerate well. The engine keeps revving but the car does not accelerate accordingly.

However, the issue revolves itself after driving for few minutes when the engine has become a bit hot.

Please what could be the cause.
Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by searchng4love: 6:57am On Aug 08, 2020
Sell it
Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by Nicholas4(m): 8:06am On Aug 08, 2020
searchng4love:
Sell it
Any reason for this
Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by charcoal(m): 8:33am On Aug 08, 2020
Allow your car to warm for like 15 minute before you start driving it every morning.
Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by Alvin007: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2020
Nicholas4:

Whenever I start my car in the morning and shift my gear to drive, the car doesn't accelerate well. The engine keeps revving but the car does not accelerate accordingly.

However, the issue revolves itself after driving for few minutes when the engine has become a bit hot.
Check your ATF(Gear oil) gauge.it might be low or dirty..scan that car. Your check engine light is prolly on.
Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by Alvin007: 8:59am On Aug 08, 2020
charcoal:
Allow your car to warm for like 15 minute before you start driving it every morning.
20-30 seconds is enough...while you accelerate lightly till your car reaches optimum temperature.
Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by 1x2x3: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2020
Nicholas4:

Your fuel pump obviously.
Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by kingjoo: 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
I'm having this same issue with my Camry 04. hope to get a good solution here.
Mine is so bad that it can it also depletes my fuel at the same time
Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by Mottomata(m): 7:45am On Aug 09, 2020
You'll need to first run a scan on the vehicle in order to delineate on the possible cause.
Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by Nicholas4(m): 9:43am On Aug 09, 2020
Good morning to you all. Thank you for all the suggestions. The issue has been fixed.

Like some of you suggested, the problem was the gear transmission fluid. It was almost empty. My mechanic remove the old fluid, cleaned the system and added new gear transmission fluid.

The result was instant. My car is back to normal.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well by tayoccu(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2020
Nicholas4:

Gear

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Koenigsegg Ccxr Trevita Most Expensive Of Neymar’s Fleet / At Ths Time,how Much Could This Car Be? / Help!!!!! Volvo Xc90 Car GPS Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.