Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,677 members, 7,851,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nigerian Side Hustles: 7 Steps To Build Your Dream Lucrative Side Hustle - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Side Hustles: 7 Steps To Build Your Dream Lucrative Side Hustle (613 Views)

How To Become A Lush Hair Distributor In Nigeria: A Lucrative Side Hustle / UPDATED: 5 Nigerian Side Hustles That Are Just So Good. / Digital Side Hustles That Can Fetch You Insane Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Side Hustles: 7 Steps To Build Your Dream Lucrative Side Hustle by Hamzashaf99(f): 11:57am On Aug 08, 2020
It all started like this.

For a long time, I saw how my dad struggled and stressed, stuck in the rat race, living paycheck to paycheck, and just surviving life, not living it.

As an undergraduate, I stumbled upon the idea of making money part time online. So I thought to myself.

OK, cool! Let's do it!

I failed! And lost the "highly treasured" student allowance experimenting.

It was a terrible thing, and happened at a very bad time when I could have used that money for better things.

That didn't stop me though, since I actually needed to make the money to help my life.

So I went the old fashioned Nigerian way. That was how I got introduced to the world of making money on the side.

A lot of challenges come with running a side hustle, especially in Nigeria.

Knowing the exact steps to follow when starting a new side hustle will surely save you a lot of stress and resources, and from experience, these are the same exact steps I would always advice others to follow too.
Re: Nigerian Side Hustles: 7 Steps To Build Your Dream Lucrative Side Hustle by Hamzashaf99(f): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2020
Find your motivation

Finding the reason why you want a start a side hustle should be your first point of focus. What is pushing you?

The greater the pain, the more satisfying it is when you are finally rid of it.

Is it the money, or freedom, or just to be a place where you can unleash your passion and help others?

Until I got this clear, it was easy for me to stop whenever I faced challenges. This slowed my growth terribly. And this means I lost precious time.

Entrepreneurship can be a long stressful journey and being your own boss will come with one great risk: the risk of burning out! Your WHY will be your constant motivation.

You've got to find it, and keep it.

I once had to make my screensaver a photo of the top ten things I needed to start my blogging journey.

I had too many ideas, was trying to absorb all the information, I kept forgetting what was really important…

Having that picture reminded me of what I needed to do , but more importantly, WHY I must get those things done.
Re: Nigerian Side Hustles: 7 Steps To Build Your Dream Lucrative Side Hustle by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2020
Choose the destination

Start with the end in mind. You will want to always keep this picture in mind. 

Where do you want to go? If you do not know where you are going, you also have no way to measure your level of success. 

Set goals to help you know whether you are succeeding or stagnating.

Then work backwards, breaking it down into smaller components until you have an easily achievable action you can take.

There one secret to goal setting not commonly known. Its about setting outcomes instead of goals.

Outcomes are the end result of a particular action you take. 

Goals are the end result of the entire process.

Let's use losing weight to describe this.

Outcome- Work out everyday for 30 minutes.

Goal- Lose 10kg this year.

You can be sure that if you look at your schedule in the morning and see that you have to workout for 30 minutes, you will be more motivated.

But seeing that you have to lose 10 kg in 3 months, whew!

Outcomes, smaller ones are easier.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Side Hustles: 7 Steps To Build Your Dream Lucrative Side Hustle by Hamzashaf99(f): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2020
##>>>Mindset<<<##

The power that we humans have lies in our minds, our thoughts, habits.

Work on your mind, thoughts and beliefs and program them to always believe in success.

I had to work really hard on this one. Somehow, it is way easier to change your physical actions than to change how you think.

All top world leaders again and again, stress on the power of belief.

You have to get your mindset right first before anything else. Your thoughts, emotions and feelings and improving your inner world is the most important thing!

"You have to truly believe in yourself and in your mission in order to take action. If you don’t have faith in yourself or in what you’re doing, no one else will.

So before anything else, have 100% faith that you can. If you do that, you’ll be unstoppable �"- Russell Brunson, Founder Clickfunnels

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Side Hustles: 7 Steps To Build Your Dream Lucrative Side Hustle by AmadorSays: 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nice tips, another one is having long time goals, I learned that from the Top 5 in 5 masterclass series going on at https://on.fcmb.com/Top5-7, there's a lot of business tips to be learned from there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Side Hustles: 7 Steps To Build Your Dream Lucrative Side Hustle by Dotunayo: 11:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
Do you want to learn forex basics for free? Are you tired of losing money on forex? Do you need a good mentor?....search no more contact-07039200887 via whatsapp
Re: Nigerian Side Hustles: 7 Steps To Build Your Dream Lucrative Side Hustle by LarryW: 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
Frankly speaking, the list of advice on how to make it real sounds amazing! I am sure many people would find something useful for themselves amongst these tips. You just need to concern what is most important for you, that's all! Very often people lose big money only because they are not mentally ready to operate with them. As for now, I am trying to find the most profitable additional source of income. I think trading is the most popular direction nowadays. I can suggest to you this lovely https://toptradereviews.com/stash-invest-review/ source I have been using for almost a year now. Not many people know about it, and there is its biggest advantage!

(1) (Reply)

August 2020 Tipper Trucks Needed .30 Ton-moving Silica Sand From Ilaro To Igbesa / Can 200k Start A Barber Salon And Help With Location / Claim FREE TRX Worth $100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.