Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch (2693 Views)

Synthetic Oil, ATF, CVT And Coolant 08090885065 / Fix Your Audi Cvt Gearbox Now Available. / Oem Nissan Cvt Fluid For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by miksonics(m): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2011
HI ANYONE WITH VAS 5051 OR 5052 THAT CAN UPDATE MY AUDI TCU BEFORE I DO ADAPTATION, THANKS, EMAIL ME AT miksonics@yahoo.com
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2011
Are you having issues with your CVT (Multitronic)? If not, I'd leave it alone. The 6-speed Multitronic wasn't one of Audi's finest, no where as reliable as the 5-speed Tiptronic.

What model and year is your Audi?
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by miksonics(m): 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2011
2003 v6 3.0l
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by miksonics(m): 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2011
my gearbox cooling pipe had a cut and most of my atf life fluid was drained from there,i had it refilled and car started bucking and there is no reverse at all just after refilling atf life fluid.
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^ Quattro or FWD? A4 or A6?
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by miksonics(m): 3:24pm On Feb 13, 2011
01j A4 fwd multitronics model GGR
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^ I thought as much. The Multitronic was never available in Quattro form. And I can tell you now, your tranny's dead. The biggest killer is low ATF level, it overheats and literally destroys itself.

Ony option would be to replace it.
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by miksonics(m): 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2011
i have replaced it with a new one i and the new one comes with the 7 clutch update, am suppose to update my TCU to function with the 7clutch update and do the off ground gearbox relearn according to the audi tsb, my problem is the device for doing the update, thanks.
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^If you have access to VAG-COM, you could do it yourself.
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by miksonics(m): 3:50pm On Feb 13, 2011
the vag-com is for reading fault codes off the VAG cars you need a dealer level scan tool to update things like immobolizer/ECU and TCU the process that would be employed is flashing and reprogramming the module to higher level firmware written to stop the cvt's from having similar problems in the future.the clucth system in the cvt's are electronically controlled by the TCU through the valve body not pressure controlled like conventional gearboxes. thanks
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2011
VAG-COM works just the same as VAS. I've used both, the only VAG-COM that won't adapt to dealer level, is the free version off Ross-Tech's site. The full version (which you pay for) does everything VAS 5051/2 does.
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by miksonics(m): 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2011
i was told by ross tech technical team it cant do an update tcu flash that i should go to erwin.audi.com for instruction on using the eu-5-vas and a passthrough device for flashing.i got stock because a dealership is suppose to be subscribed to to order for rights to the server to download updates.
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by miksonics(m): 8:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
@sienna is there anyway i can lay my hands on VAS 5052 factory scanner?
Re: Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^ Not easy to get hold of those, outside the dealer network. Though there's one on eBay right now.

(1) (Reply)

New Lagos-cleared Liberty Jeep (sport) going for 1.5 / Toyota Avensis 2007 - Leather Interior- Steering Controls ( Full Option) - 1.6m / 2007 Corolla SE --- LAGOS - 1.65mil - NEGOTIABLE - SOLD SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.