Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement (36717 Views)

Egypt Coach, Queiroz Apologizes To Nigerians / Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts / Victor Osimhen Blasts Punch Newspaper For Fabricating False Stories About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Goalnaldo(m): 9:17am On Aug 10, 2020
Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen have taken to Twitter to apologise to Nigerian news outlet Punch for the language he used in replying them few days ago.

Recall that the newspaper published a post where the new Napoli recruit was alleged to have made a statement of emulating club legend Diego Maradona of which he debunked by writing:

"I never said such a thing, y’all copy paste journalist just like to fabricate lies, since the passing of my late father I haven’t grant any interview whatsoever, stop this nonsense else na thunder go fire una."

He wrote via Twitter late on Sunday night:
As much as I dislike being misquoted or taken out of context by the media, I want to apologise to @MobilePunch and other journalists that felt offended for the type of language I used in my earlier post,sorry about it,make una no vex I still be una boy...peace❤️

https://twitter.com/victorosimhen9/status/1292570300849299456?s=19

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by youthsinitiativ(m): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2020
Illiteracy at it's finest.

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by IKBARUTEN11(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2020
INDEED, THE WORLD IS A SMALL PLACE

2 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by OTayobami(m): 9:26am On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

I am not understanding please elaborate

229 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Comedian2019: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2020
Education is very important.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Maxymilliano(m): 9:30am On Aug 10, 2020
The earlier he retrace his steps the better.

The Press can make or mar his blossom career.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by youthsinitiativ(m): 9:35am On Aug 10, 2020
OTayobami:

I am not understanding please elaborate

Illiteracy was behind his initial not very well thought through outburst. Perhaps he failed to understand the news report hence, his recanting and apologies.

Is it a crime to emulate or better Maradona's feat at Napoli?

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by flyingpig: 9:40am On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

Illiteracy was behind his initial outburst.

Is it a crime to emulate Maradona?
How is that a show of illiteracy? Call that a poor temper management and not illiteracy. Don't you have university graduates in Nigeria using curse words?

341 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Goalnaldo(m): 9:43am On Aug 10, 2020
flyingpig:
How is that a show of illiteracy? Call that a poor temper management and not illiteracy. Don't you have university graduates in Nigeria using curse words?
I tire oh cheesy

186 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by flyingpig: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2020
Maxymilliano:

the worst you can do as a sport man is to fight the press. Even politicians, don't fight the press. Trump is not having it easy for fighting the press.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by shawnfamous(m): 9:43am On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

what if he never had it in mind Emulating anyone and just want to be him self?? I see no reason for u calling him an illiterate when a News media is trying to make off from him...

27 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by OkuFaba(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

why should he emulate Maradona when he's Oshimen.

Why not Maradona emulate him.
Inferiority complex no go kill Africans

The young lad is being himself not trying to live a copy and paste life

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Maxymilliano(m): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2020
flyingpig:
the worst you can do as a sport man is to fight the press. Even politicians, don't fight the press. Trump is not having it easy for fighting the press.

You can say that again ...

3 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Goalnaldo(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2020
OkuFaba:
why should he emulate Maradona when he's Oshimen.

Why not Maradona emulate him.
Inferiority complex no go kill Africans

The young lad is being himself not trying to live a copy and paste life
grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by ukukaegbu(m): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2020
He just realised the power of the media

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Slynation(m): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2020
Well.... That wasn't necessary, As a professional football that wants to succeed, He should stay away from Media posts and focus because the media will keep them coming....

4 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by paulolee(m): 11:05am On Aug 10, 2020
trying too hard to cover his flaws....the blasting of your own local media was just too bad coming from a professional likr him and he really surprised me with the kind of words he used knowing that he is a role model to soo many children being the most expensive African player..
punch made a big mistake but he made a bigger mistake by using such words on them because he cant try such with an international media...
so many sports outlets have reported fake news about fake interviews with cr7 which he wasn't happy with and the least he did was saying that he would sue them and would never grant any interview with them and dts what i expected from osimhen..
don't jus know why Africans are always temperamental especially when it involves own brothers in our country but toothless and feeble when outside...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by saajus: 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
Go and sin no more. Be careful cos you are destined for the top, and you don't need all these little distractions.

4 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by kyuniii(m): 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
That's how star do

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by robosky02(m): 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
You
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
The hype on this guy is too much I pity am if he don’t live up to expectations

5 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Beremx(f): 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
You that is literate, how far have you gone in life?
youthsinitiativ:

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by EyezofGod120: 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
Idiot boi

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Asour: 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
Maxymilliano:

I am totally against the use of foul language BUT sorry the Nigerian press CANNOT make his career.

They can mar it though. That's what they've always been able to do.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by drlaykay(m): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
He did the right thing after doing the wrong thing.
Made his point already, the extra statement was unnecessary

6 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Risingblue008(m): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
Thunder wey don fire Dem finish u come here dey yan rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okocha Scores In Senegal Legends Vs Africa Legends Game (Video) / Ahmed Musa Arrested For Beating His Wife / Neymar Grooving To Burna Boy’s "Ye" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.