Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,084 members, 7,859,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:30 PM

Top 5 Highest Paying Sport Teams In The World - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top 5 Highest Paying Sport Teams In The World (569 Views)

The 5 Highest-Paid Players In La Liga Right Now / All 32 Teams In 2019-20 UCL Group Stages Confirmed As Draw Takes Place On 29 Aug / 2018: The Biggest Earner, Sport Teams And Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Highest Paying Sport Teams In The World by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
Top 5 Highest Earning Sport Teams (2020)

So are you an aspiring athlete or already in the sports industry and you are considering which particular kind of sport to go into that's highly lucrative, this could help

Sporting activities is practiced by almost every nation all over the world. It is an activity that unites people, irrespective of background, race, culture or even social class. Hence the sporting industry rakes in millions yearly.

Here is a list of the top 5 highest earning teams in the world in no particular order.

1. Tennis
Also known as the WTA tours, the game has produced players who top the Forbes list of richest players. Legendary athletes such as, Roger Federe the highest paid tennis player in 2020 earns about $6.3M -$106.3M. The down side is that, it has only managed to produced few successful players undecided just like the golf game.

2. Association Football (soccer)
So according to Forbes the Real Madrid soccer team earns approximately $4.24B Barcelona team $4.02b while Manchester United, $3.81B These are all teams registered and governed by FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) as the highest governing body.
FIFA was recorded to have revenues of over US $4.6b from 2015–2018, with a net profit of US$1.2B and had cash reserves of over US$2.7B
Players like Lionel Messi earned about $127M in 2019/2020, Cristiano Ronaldo earning about $105M in 2020, among other hugely paid players.
The pay is good right! grin Not surprising why this kinda sport attracts the most audience and popularity all over the world. In this team, the sky is big enough for many stars unlike others like golf where you just have one champion earning hugely while others struggle.

3. The American Football
American Football, not the Messi kind of football, I mean the favourite sports of Northern Americans where we have players like Kirk Cousin who earns about $58M to $60.5M while Carson Wentz earns approximately $55.1M to $59.1M. Although it has a limited fanbase(America) notwithstanding it attracts a lot of investment.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Highest Paying Sport Teams In The World by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
4. Golf
More popular among the elites aka big boys club cool The game involves one player at a time. Players like Tiger Woods earn approximately $2.3 mill-$62.3 mill. The game is played calmly without much hassle like other sports it's an ajebo game cheesy. The down side is that, it only leaves room for 'one man shine' or a few men, I mean how many popular golf players have you heard of?

5. Basketball
Basketball players are well paid by their various teams. They also earn millions from numerous of their endorsements and other side hustle, such as; modelling, due to their attractive physique or sale of their customised shoes and jerseys to boost their yearly income.

Topping the list of highly paid basketball players are LeBron James earning about $88.2 million to $28.2 million. Stephen Curry $74.4 mill-$30.4 mill. Kevin Durant $63.9 mill-$28.9 mill.t

Sports is another way to wealth and fame, for the talented though.

So here you have it the top 5 highest paying sport teams.
Re: Top 5 Highest Paying Sport Teams In The World by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
cry
Re: Top 5 Highest Paying Sport Teams In The World by George28(m): 12:21am On Aug 15, 2020
Watchout for my kid Oyindamola Alimi
She is definitely gonna win WTA grandslam in the nearest future

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Highest Paying Sport Teams In The World by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
George28:
Watchout for my kid Oyindamola Alimi
She is definitely gonna win WTA grandslam in the nearest future
nice one, kudos to her
Re: Top 5 Highest Paying Sport Teams In The World by LezteMiri: 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2021
Actually, these are the most followed and the most famous sports in the world. Each has a huge community that and big fan clubs which are ready to pay a lot of money for a good show made by professionals. My husband loves to play golf, and his favorite golfer is Tiger Woods. He said no golfer would be better than him. I guess that Woods got more than $1 billion net worth for sure. He got paid a lot for games and publicities. I am used to going with my husband to the golf club. There I speak to other girls and have some cocktails while boys play golf. But recently, I decided that I want to try golf and ordered a golf club set for woman beginner. And I can say that gold is a pleasant game, but it requires many qualities that I don't have, haha.

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Achieves Highest Position In Seven Years / Bayern Munich Suffer 4-1 Loss To End Long Unbeaten Run. / Portugal Striker Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrates His Son As He Clocks 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.