Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? (1358 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / Why Do Men Do DNA Test ? – Lady Asks / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by prof2007: 7:20am On Aug 11, 2020
A web developer with the handle @bigbrutha_ on Twitter is of the opinion that marriage is not beneficial to Nigerian men. He said a Nigerian man gets “zero advantage” out of marriage.

Do you agree?

SOURCE: https://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/do-you-agree-marriage-is-not-beneficial-to-nigerian-men-twitter-user-says-104233.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Taiwo20(m): 7:25am On Aug 11, 2020
prof2007:
A web developer with the handle @bigbrutha_ on Twitter is of the opinion that marriage is not beneficial to Nigerian men. He said a Nigerian man gets “zero advantage” out of marriage.

Do you agree?

SOURCE: https://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/do-you-agree-marriage-is-not-beneficial-to-nigerian-men-twitter-user-says-104233.html

very very true
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Kriss216: 7:39am On Aug 11, 2020
There's nothing a wife can do that a baby mama can not do, even better.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by blackpanthar: 7:43am On Aug 11, 2020
The narrative on marriage is changing... THANKS TO FEMINISTS AND BABYMAMAS and SELF-MADE MEN.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 11, 2020
Yes! That's because to a typical Nigerian Man marriage happens solely for the benefits of regular intimacy and procreation. Lol grin While for typical Nigerian Woman for financial benefits..So yes with money available it is very possible for both genders to scrap Marriage. grin

5 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Jman06(m): 7:57am On Aug 11, 2020
Very true!

Marriage is a scam against men.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 11, 2020
Jman06:
Very true!

Marriage is a scam against men.
How is Marriage a scam to Men, please explain. I want to get the reason behind that notion.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by NaijaDonCast(m): 7:59am On Aug 11, 2020
Atleast there places and position you vie for and you cannot be single to attain such feat because you'll look irresponsible so it's gainful to some men

1 Like

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Unnerve: 8:10am On Aug 11, 2020
blackpanthar:
The narrative on marriage is changing... THANKS TO FEMINISTS AND BABYMAMAS and SELF-MADE MEN.
Lol, but this is the part that gets confusing for me, because they should be happy their movement is finally paying off, yet it's still feminists that will try to shoot down the opinion of @bigbrutha simply because they don't like it.

There are quite a number of things we should be grateful to feminism for:

1. More men no longer want to be financially responsible for their women (feminists say they are independent and have jobs).

2. More men no longer want to kneel to propose to women (feminists say they are sexually liberated and can have as much sex as they want).

3. More men no longer want to put much effort into chasing women (feminists said they are woke enough to go for any man they desire).

4. More men no longer see the need to be protective of women (feminists said they are strong on their own).

5. More men are finally seeing marriage as quite unnecessary (feminists said marriage is not an achievement and is unnecessary).

6. More men are finally seeing the culture of brideprice and marriage lists as outrageous (feminists said they are not property).

So many things they ought to take credit for, so many things... I'm staring to believe we should all be feminists, Chimamanda was right.
She perfectly understands how stressful it can be for men to continue acting in archaic traditional ways.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 11, 2020
օк օօօօ, ʍǟʀʀɨɛɖ ʍɛռ ǟֆֆօ¢ɨǟẗɨօռ օʄ ռɨɢɛʀɨǟ, ɦօա ẗʀʊẗɦ ɨֆ ẗɦɨֆ? ɮɛ¢ǟʊֆɛ ʏօʊ ɢʊʏֆ кռօաֆ ʍʊ¢ɦ ɮɛẗẗɛʀ

1 Share

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Jman06(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2020
Palema007:
How is Marriage a scam to Men, please explain. I want to get the reason behind that notion.
Because it places too much burden on the man and batters his self esteem when he's not able to meet up. It also puts a barrier on the man's other relationships, especially and most annoyingly his family relations.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by genq(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2020
Unnerve:

Lol, but this is the part that gets confusing for me, because they should be happy their movement is finally paying off, yet it's still feminists that will try to shoot down the opinion of @bigbrutha simply because they don't like it.

There are quite a number of things we should be grateful to feminism for:

1. More men no longer want to be financially responsible for their women (feminists say they are independent and have jobs).

2. More men no longer want to kneel to propose to women (feminists say they are sexually liberated and can have as much sex as they want).

3. More men no longer want to put much effort into chasing women (feminists said they are woke enough to go for any man they desire).

4. More men no longer see the need to be protective of women (feminists said they are strong on their own).

5. More men are finally seeing marriage as quite unnecessary (feminists said marriage is not an achievement and is unnecessary).

6. More men are finally seeing the culture of brideprice and marriage lists as outrageous (feminists said they are not property).

So many things they ought to take credit for, so many things... I'm staring to believe we should all be feminists, Chimamanda was right.
She perfectly understands how stressful it can be for men to continue acting in archaic traditional ways.

Las las, women will lose out in this game.. they don't yet realise how much they've been deceived and hoodwinked into performing both gender roles under the guise of "modern feminism" - forced to work and be co-providers with men whilst also balancing their natural instinct to be nurturers and home builders.

As a result, the modern day woman is stressed out, overly sexualised, rude, masculine, unlovable and generally bitter - and of course why wouldn't they be when God gave them just one role to do in this world, yet they rebelled against nature to start competing with men lipsrsealed

Men are now realising there is little to no benefit for a man in marriage - marriage has always been for the provision of security and resources for women - and now that they are "strong and independent", it's more favourable to men to let them protect and provide for themselves. Enjoy your "liberation" ladies!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by DontBullshitMe: 9:24am On Aug 11, 2020
The Twitter user is right.
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Dockybae(f): 9:53am On Aug 11, 2020
And God said
" A man shall live his father's house and ..... that is the natural order of things. tongue
The thing with my generation is that we feel too smart and "know it all"

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by blackpanthar: 9:57am On Aug 11, 2020
Dockybae:
And God said

" A man shall live his father's house and .....
that is the natural order of things. tongue

The thing with my generation is that we feel too smart and "know it all"

Ha, so you are here, abeg create your own topic... you are one of my major fans on NL... anyway.. the scripture you are quoting does not APPLY O... because after God said that... guess what... ADAM BLAMED GOD FOR GIVING HIM EVE.... yes he BLAMED GOD then in the book of PROVERBS... GOD CHANGED IT O... He WHO FINDS a WIFE(meaning... we are on our own).

You are cute sha.... but I hope you will really support business section when you start creating topics on NL
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by frozen70(f): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2020
prof2007:

Do you agree?

Marriage is beneficial to man especially because his name and lineage lives on

But more valuable to women because nature made them bond with children

A man without family is like a house with out a roof
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by LadySarah: 10:24am On Aug 11, 2020
I like what is happening.
In the future, single ladies will just go for ivf and have the no of babies they want and enjoy their lives instead of giving up their happiness, careers, identity, freedom in the name of marriage only to be told one day that they should get out of their matrimonial home cos the house is the husband's.

Thry are primary caregivers
They support financially.
They leave their family and surname
They loose shape bearing children for you and one useless one will say she didn't give me a male child.
They take care of the man when he is sick but the reverse isn't the case cos na your mama house you will find yourself to be taken care of by them.
They are told to endure, pray and forgive when the man cheats. Things they may ordinarily not endure as a single.

Let me not even count the ones that tell them to change their Sim cards, bars the graduate wife from working, stops her from visiting her relatives because he is alpha and his word is law.The ones that use their siblings as next of kin and when they suddenly die, their widow and kids are left in the cold.

I ask again. Who benefits more in a marriage?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Chiveraa(f): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2020
Then men should stop marrying, nobody is forcing them to marry. They should stop ranting about women every time, it is getting irritating.

11 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by pocohantas(f): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2020
Then don’t marry. It is not by force.

It is always a group of men claiming they don’t benefit from marriage, yet same men won’t allow single ladies have peace. Same men will be having heart attack when they see people like Rita Dominic, Toke Makinwa and Genevieve. Calling them names and reminding them of menopause.

You don’t see women killing themselves over the marital status of Donjazzy and the likes.

Don’t marry please, it is really that simple.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Klass99(f): 11:52am On Aug 11, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by bukatyne(f): 11:59am On Aug 11, 2020
A man truly married to a wife or saw his father enjoy the dividends of been married to his mother would know the benefits of marriage.

If you don't see the benefits of marriage, move on.

But no, they want to enjoy the benefit of marriage without the responsibilities of it.

Anyways, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

6 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by culf: 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
I don't think so, I beg to disagree.
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by LadySarah: 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2020
pocohantas:

It is always a group of men claiming they don’t benefit from marriage, yet same men won’t allow single ladies have peace. Same men will be having heart attack when they see people like Rita Dominic, Toke Makinwa and Genevieve. Calling them names and reminding them of menopause.

You don’t see women killing themselves over the marital status of Donjazzy and the likes.

Even coined "old hag" and "evening newspaper " for them.
Even the ones that lack focus, lazy and home training are pressured to marry to see if they will get sense. These women end up bearing the brunt of these misfits.

5 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Unnerve: 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2020
genq:

Las las, women will lose out in this game.. they don't yet realise how much they've been deceived and hoodwinked into performing both gender roles under the guise of "modern feminism" - forced to work and be co-providers with men whilst also balancing their natural instinct to be nurturers and home builders.

As a result, the modern day woman is stressed out, overly sexualised, rude, masculine, unlovable and generally bitter - and of course why wouldn't they be when God gave them just one role to do in this world, yet they rebelled against nature to start competing with men lipsrsealed

Men are now realising there is little to no benefit for a man in marriage - marriage has always been for the provision of security and resources for women - and now that they are "strong and independent", it's more favourable to men to let them protect and provide for themselves. Enjoy your "liberation" ladies!
Lol, perfect sum up.
This liberation is indeed a relief for both sexes.. at the end of the day, it benefits us all.

My lady friends who identify as feminists know me very well, I always check them and that pisses them off to no end. cheesy You can't claim to be a feminist and still expect special considerations/behaviours from me when you should be able to hold your own.

I love people who walk their talk, not saying one thing because you want to belong and then living the opposite lifestyle... She will be checked!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2020
Jman06:
Because it places too much burden on the man and batters his self esteem when he's not able to meet up. It also puts a barrier on the man's other relationships, especially and most annoyingly his family relations.
Oh I see it ... Lol.. Not all marriages are toxic, not all Nigerian husbands are suffering. Some enjoy the benefits of true companionship, friendship, support, love,care and attention in their Marriage. Nigerian MARRIAGE itself isn't scam but people involved are the ones outsmarting themselves. If you choose wisely you will enjoy Marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Hathor5(f): 10:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
pocohantas:

Exactamente!

1 Like

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Authoreety: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2020
With the kinda ladies around this days, I'm afraid I agree with the poster
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by BigJoe19: 1:16am On Aug 12, 2020
Authoreety:
With the kinda ladies around this days, I'm afraid I agree with the poster
They're all over this thread, I pity stupid men.
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by Dande55: 1:47am On Aug 12, 2020
Why are they angry that ladies are agreeing with them? These people are actually not reasonable a bit. They want to threaten us with marriage and watch us beg them to change their minds.

Fools. More lesbians are coming up, dildos and vibrators are replacing you lots, Sperm is very cheap in the hospital just incase a lady feels like carrying a baby(Tboss and the rest). So what can an average Nigerian man even do for a financially independent woman?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by gentlestdude(m): 3:54am On Aug 12, 2020
maybe
Re: Twitter User: “Marriage Is Not Beneficial To Nigerian Men". Do You Agree? by cococandy(f): 5:40am On Aug 12, 2020
Life would be amazing if men decide they won’t marry and they won’t get high BP when they see a single woman beyond a certain age

pocohantas:

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could My Younger Brother Be A Cultist? / Flee Woman! Flee!! Flee!!! / Where Do They Report Sexual Abuse Or Molestation? I Am Angry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.