Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,463 members, 7,843,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) (79739 Views)

Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by mhizv(f): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
Finally cry

kiss

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by heemah(f): 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
Thanks for d update Millie

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Abosede512(f): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
Episode 29- Intromimo

Seyifunmi pulled her hair out of her face with her left hand and smiled inwardly as Damilola's eyes followed the rock on her finger. She'd been hesitant to wear her ring out because she didn't want to get robbed.

Dele had ordered Arnold to pick her up from work and drop her off everyday with his Audi. She'd been thrilled about it and had stuck it to the ladies who had been long been making her life miserable since she was made the head of the hub.

Damilola had been swift to weave the fact that she was being dropped off and picked up by an Audi everyday into Seyifunmi's sleeping with an older man. She had been irritated and asked Dele to drop her off at work.

Everyone in the Nigeria Silicone Valley knew who Bamidele Daramola was. And everyone at the hub was shell-shocked as Dele held open the car door for her and gave her a kiss on the lips.

That was before he whispered in her ears that she owed him for the drama he put up for her.

She smiled at the memory.

Shameless Damilola had asked her in the reception what she was doing with Dele Daramola.

"He's my fiance." She said letting her hand rest on her hair, longer than necessary.

"Are you serious?" Riyyah, one of Damilola's cronies, asked.

She smiled and nodded.

"Your ring is beautiful." Funmi, Damilola's bestie said.

Damilola turned to glare at Funmi.

Shior, make jealousy kill you there.

Seyifunmi beamed wider.

"Thank you."

"Congratulations, Miss Seyifunmi." Kasim, her assistant said.

She smiled at him and Damilola's horrified face.

"Thank you, Kasim. Please let's get back to work. We have to pitch the honeypot today." She said and strutted into her office.

Dele locked the door and walked round the cartoon meet her. This was it. They were finally going to her her parents pick the date for her wedding. Délé's mum and her husband had asked them to get a date from her parents and then get back to them.

He smiled at her and held her free hand as they walked to the front door of her parents' home. Her other hand was carrying a big shopping bag of all the things she knew her parents liked. She'd bought them, and paid with Délé's black card.

She had just started seeing his wealth for what it was, and she couldn't believe she never notified any of these things before. He'd never used his black card before. He'd never used the Audi before.

Just last week, they'd dined with the Commissioner for Environment for Lagos State and his wife. The man had been Délé's old classmate. It's like he struck a gold mine all of a sudden, but she knew that wasn't the case.

Had he been testing her all this while?

She shrugged. She must have passed if he decided to marry her.

She knocked on the door, seconds later, Sewa, her parents' maid opened the door for them.

"Aunty Seyifunmi," she cried in excitement. "Oju yin re!"

"Sewa, bawo?" She asked beaming at the lady as they walked in.(Sewa, how are you?)

"Uncle, e k'asan." She said to Dele and he answered.(Uncle, good afternoon.)

Seyifunmi wrapped a hand around his arm and said, "Oko afesana mi re." (This is my fiance.)

"Ahh!" The lady beamed and genuflected, "Uncle, e k'asan." (Uncle, good afternoon.)

Dele smiled at her.

"Mummy ati Daddy nko?" Seyifunmi asked (Where are Mummy and Daddy?).

"Won wa ni parlour." The lady responded and closed the door.(They are in the parlour)

She offered to carry the bag, but Seyifunmi declined smiling and led her fiancee to the living room.

"Mummy, Daddy,e k'asan." She greeted and went on her knees. (Mummy and Daddy, good afternoon.)

"Ahh! Oluwaseyifunmi. Abefe mi. How are you?" He father said smiling. (My Abefe.)

"Mummy, Daddy, e k'asan." Dele greeted and prostrated before her parents.

"E dide. Dele,bawo ni?" Her mother said, beaming happily. Ever since she called her to inform her about Délé's proposal, the woman had been extra happy with her.(Get up. Dele, how are you?)

They stood and Dele sat in a sofa, while she handed over the things they'd bought for her parents.

"Awa nikan tan?!" Her mother exclaimed as she rummaged through the bag. She gasped in surprise as she brought out a bottle of her husband's favorite brand of Porte.(All this for us?)

"Ahan! Ese o." Her father greeted and collected the bottle of wine from his wife.(Thank you.)

"Ko t'ope." Dele said smiling.(It's nothing.)

She beamed as her parents smiled at the love of her life. This was everything she ever wanted. To finally get settled down with a man she loved, and one her parents approved of.

"Mummy, kilo n sele?" Sister Simi asked as she walked into the living room. Seyifunmi felt her smile wane.(What's going on?)

Of all people to be around today.

"Good afternoon." Dele greeted and Sister Simi smiled and responded, "Good afternoon."

Seyifunmi mumbled a greeting and her sister gave her a stifled smile.

"Anyway, your Dad and I have spoken. Since, you said you want to get married this year, we decided on December sixteenth. Is that okay with you, Dele?" Her mother asked.

"Any date you pick is fine by me, ma." Dele answered.

"How do you want to plan a wedding in two months?" Simi cried in shock.

Seyifunmi opened her mouth, but before she could get her words out, her mother spoke.

"Maybe we should call Siju. You know she planned the wedding of the daughter of the governor of Ogun State."

"Siju cannot plan my wedding, o!" Seyifunmi cried.

God forbid horrible thing. Siju that still hadn't forgive her for what happened with Gbade. Gbade had called off their wedding because of her and Siju still hadn't gotten married since the incident eight years ago. Siju, rather than plan her wedding, would destroy her relationship with Dele as revenge.

"See her mouth!" Simi snarled, "You're too proud. Who are you that Siju cannot plan your wedding?"

"All me I know is that Siju cannot plan my wedding." Seyifunmi reiterated and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Seyifunmi, it's okay." Dele chided.

"Ti mo ba ko'gbati fun e, wa a ma gba'be m'omi!" Simi threatened.(If I slap you, you'll start drinking water.)

"It's okay. You want to slap my baby in front of me?" Her father asked.

"Baby ko, born boy ni. Daddy Lanre, this girl is no longer your baby. She is now Délé's baby. Abi?" Her mother said to ease the tension.
Seyifunmi smiled and turned to Dele who had a grin on his face.

"Aunty Simi, don't mind her!" Dele said and grabbed a hold of her hand. "What she meant to say is that we've already hired Fariha Jubril to plan our wedding."

"Ehn!" Simi shouted and her aged parents jumped in their seats.

"S'o fe pa ara e?" Her mother scolded.(Do you want to kill yourself?)

"Mummy, Fariha Jubril's the lady that planned that wedding we were watching together on TV that day na. The wedding of that actress. I can't remember her name." Simi chanted smiling.

"Iro ni?" Her mother called in shock. "C - c- can you afford her? Simi said she's very expensive."(It's a lie.)

Seyifunmi swelled with pride as Dele said, "Agbara Olorun ka."(God's grace is sufficient.)

"Wait o. Is that not the wedding you people said that they divorced three months later?" Her father asked.

"Yes o." Her mother inputted.

"You see. That was what I was telling you the last time we spoke, Abefe. That a wedding is much easier than marriage. Marriage takes effort and work and the mercy of God. It takes the determination to stay with the person regardless of the odds that might rise."

"Yes, Daddy."

The man continued unto a lenghty sermon on the virtues that uphold a happy marriage.

"Anyway, let me know how ever I can help out." Simi offered when their father was done.

Seyifunmi beamed and thanked God. She didn't know how to ask her sister to bake her wedding cake, but now that she'd offered.

"Our wedding cake, sista mi. I want you to do it. Please." She cooed in a baby-like voice.

Simi was very good at what she did and Seyifunmi didn't want anyone else.

"That's what you want?" Simi asked smiling.

Seyifunmi nodded.

"Okay na. Anything for my baby sister."

"Seyifunmi, I'm tired!" Dele groaned and crashed unto on the white sofas in their new home. They'd moved in together and she'd cashed in on her lease at her apartment.

She followed him and sat beside him. She rested her head on his shoulder and placed a palm on his bare chest left accessible with the shirt buttoned halfway through.

"Dele please." She begged.

"Seyifunmi, I said I'm tired. All this running around is why I got us the best wedding planner there is in the country. If she isn't capable, I'd fly in a better one-"

"Dele, she is. I just want you to come and check out the hall with me. It's where we'd get married." She cooed.

"Shay, I don't care if we get married at the registry. All I want is that we get married. All this senrenre I don't understand. I told you if you like it, get it. The cost is not the issue." Dele said.

"Dele, by the grace of God, I'll only get married once. This is a big deal to me. I don't want you regretting my choice or resenting it. Just come with me. Please." She said stroking his chest.

He sighed.

"If I do this, I'm not doing the food and wine tasting thing." He said.

She smiled and nodded.

"Okay."

"Thank you, Dele. I love you." She chippered and pulled away.

"Yeah yeah."

She smiled and straddled him and pasted kisses to his face.

"I said I love you."

He laughed and said, "I love you too."

12 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Kimzylove(f): 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by AirmirthDY(f): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
Yipee!! Our story is back....

More annointing and flows to the writer of our time.... I am so happy OCOS is back. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by enirock(m): 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Thanks for remembering us Millie and thanks for the updates.

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Adeola25(f): 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
Thanks for the update ma'am and welcome back
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Josipov: 8:34am On Sep 02, 2020
I wish Op will shed light on what happened between, Seyifunmi, Gbade and Siju.
Above all, well-done for the good works so far .
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by skubido(m): 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by enirock(m): 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
Themmycruz- this is the book 2

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Ann2012(f): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
Thanks for the update ma’am

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 6:31am On Sep 03, 2020
[i][/i]Hi guys.

grin grin

So, I need your help to win the _Teens Can Blog Short Story Competition

Please, I need you to vote my entry Social Distance Date by Iyanuoluwa Olorode.

A vote costs just #100. You can vote as many as *50 times.

The link to read the story and vote is:
https://www.teenscanblog.com/2020/08/31/vote-iyanuoluwas-story/

Please

Help me bring this home.

Here is how you vote:
You can either vote through an online payment system or bank transfer:

Here is the paystack link: Your transactions online are protected.
https://paystack.com/buy/purchase-vote-yixaul

Or transfer to
Nicholas Augustine Chinonso First bank

Send your prove of payment to https:///+2349011259790

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Episode 30 - Yam, Pepper, Scatter Scatter Part 1

Donald turned in his bed, and stretched out his hand for his wife. He met an empty space and his eyes fluttered open. He sat up and met his wife searching their luggage.

Was it already morning?

He turned to bedside clock.

2:13

Apparently not.

They were going to board the cruise ship by seven that morning. The ship was leaving from South Africa and Tinu had booked them a ritzy hotel and they'd been given world class treatment.

God bless her.

Elsa had been so giddy the past three days, her excitement, so tangible, it was the third person on their trip.

"Elsa Mopelola Banire," he called out, and she turned to face him with a frown.

"Donald, something is wrong. I don't know. It's like we're forgetting something. Our passports and tickets are here. But I can't shake the feeling something is about to go wrong." Elsa muttered, with her voice shaking.

Sleep vanished from his eyes.

"Donald, I'm scared. Maybe we should go back home." Elsa sighed.

What?!

Since Tinu had gifted them the tickets, all Elsa could talk about was the cruise. Now, she wanted to go back home?

"Elsa, calm down. Tell me what it is exactly?" He asked and pushed the covers away.

She shook her head and clutched the neckline of her pyjamas shirt.

"Donald, there's a stone in my heart. A stone of dread. Like something terrible is about to happen. And then it's like I've forgotten something at home. I don't know. My spirit doesn't want to go tomorrow." She said as she walked to the edge of the bed and sat on the supple mattress.

He sighed. He knew better than to argue with Elsa when her spirit was against something. She was the more spiritual one, and her instincts hadn't been wrong yet.

"I'll call our travel agent and see what we can do." He said.

She turned and smiled at him.

"Thank you."

Elsa picked up the piece of paper she met lying on the floor by the threshold. The brown manila envelope was addressed to her. She pulled her suitcase in and wheeled it to a corner of the living room. Her tension, rather than reduce as they landed at MMIA, increased. She felt more than before that she'd lost something.

She didn't know what. Her heart quivered as she turned the envelope around in her hand. Donald walked in with their doorman helping him with the rest of their luggage.

"Elsa, what is that?" Donald asked.

She shrugged as she broke the seal.

"I found it at the door." She said and pulled a white sheet of paper out of the envelope.

She unfolded the paper and scanned the contents, and her fears grew more vivid.

"Mummy, I'm sorry it has to be this way, but my duty is to think of my children first and what is best for them. They are my number one priority. And my decision might hurt you and Dele, I'm sorry.

"I've left with the kids. We'll contact you once we're settled. I apologise for any inconveniences."

"Inconveniences?" Elsa whispered as the sheet slipped out of her shaking hands.

"Elsa?" Donald asked.

"She's taken them away," Elsa turned to say, with tears with her eyes.

"I knew something was wrong. Donald, she has taken Temi and Tomini away?" She sobbed.

"Away, bi to bawo?"Donald scoffed and picked up the paper. (What do you mean by away?)

Elsa walked to the nearest sofa and descended slowly.

"Donald, what did we do? Why did she decide to punish me this way?"

Donald shook his head and slipped his phone out of his pocket. He dialed a number and pressed the phone to his ear.

What could have happened? Why did Tinu have to take the children away? They could have talked about it. Why did she have to up and leave?

Inconveniences?

Was it just merely inconveniences to her?

Did she not know that a part of her heart belonged to the children? The twins and their siblings.

"Her number's unavailable." Donald announced and she let out a weak sob.

"Donald, what are we going to do?"

She'd be lost if she didn't see her grandchildren. Not after everything she'd gone through, all because she wanted grandchildren.

Her moans carressed his ears as he kissed her intimately. Pants left him as he pulled away to peck her neck.

"Dele…" she sighed, "I thought we were going celibate till the wedding."

He raised his head to look at her.

"I thought so too." He said and kissed her lips again. Her hands roamed his back and came to a rest around his neck. She pulled away from him, and rested her forehead against his.

Their mixed pants for air filled the room.

"Dele, we have to stop. I'm fertile now, and I got my IUD out yesterday." Seyifunmi gasped.

"Shay," he whined as his hands skimmed her thighs.

"Dele, I don't want to be pregnant before my wedding." She said, her resolve pedestalled in her eyes.

"Guess, it's blue balls for me till December sixteenth." Dele whined and rolled off her to his side of the bed.

Seyifunmi smiled and turned on her side, facing him.

"Sorry." She said smirking.

"Leave me, jo." He said, right before his phone rang.

Seyifunmi reached over to the stand by her bed.

"It's your mum." Seyifunmi said frowning as she handed him the phone.

"My mum?"

Wasn't she supposed to be on the cruise?

He tapped the green icon and brought the phone to his ear.

"Hello, mummy." He said.

Rather than his mother's voice, her husband's voice came on, "Wo, Dele, mewa ti sele!"(Look, Dele, something has happened.)

Was his mother sick again? Did she have another heart attack?

"Good evening sir. What happened to mummy?" He asked, trying to school his racing heart.

"Nothing. At least, not to your mother. Tinu ti ko awon omo lo."(Tinu has taken the children away.)

To where?

"Lo si bo?"(To where?)

"Wo, ma bi mi ni'bere. I don't know what you did this time. But she's taken the children away and her lines are unavailable. Your mother is devastated." Donald shouted. (Look, don't ask me questions.)

Tinu? Took the children? Without telling him? Just like that?

"Ayobamidele."

His mother's voice sniffled into the phone.

"Se mo se e ni? That you decide to push Tinu to taking the children away?"(Did I offend you?)

He got off the bed.

"Mummy, I didn't do anything to Tinu. This is all strange to me. The last time we saw each other was two weeks ago. On your birthday. And we didn't have any issue. E ma gbami. Why? What- why will she take the children away?"

"Dele, s'aanu fun mi. Bring back my grandchildren. Mo f'eleda mi be e."( Dele, pity me. I beg you in God's name.)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
millieademi:
[i][/i]Hi guys.

grin grin

So, I need your help to win the _Teens Can Blog Short Story Competition

Please, I need you to vote my entry Social Distance Date by Iyanuoluwa Olorode.

A vote costs just #100. You can vote as many as *50 times.

The link to read the story and vote is:
https://www.teenscanblog.com/2020/08/31/vote-iyanuoluwas-story/

Please

Help me bring this home.

Here is how you vote:
You can either vote through an online payment system or bank transfer:

Here is the paystack link: Your transactions online are protected.
https://paystack.com/buy/purchase-vote-yixaul

Or transfer to
Nicholas Augustine Chinonso First bank

Send your prove of payment to https:///+2349011259790

Please guys.

I need your votes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
BTW, I'm sorry for the silence....

I've been trying to think up ideas for a project I'm working on.

I had nothing.

Drained all my motivation.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by oyinella(f): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2020
thanks for the update Millie

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Bukolaberry(f): 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
thanks for the update, more strength

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Kimzylove(f): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2020

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by peacy26: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
thanks op, more inspiration to you

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Ochyglowsglows(f): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2020
millieademi:

Please guys.

I need your votes.

Can you guys please vote for her? How come you can acknowledge the update and no one is even saying anything about this. Not fair at all. You people should please vote for her. Even if it's 200 naira. If 50 people gives her 2 votes each, that's a hundred vote. It's the least we can all do to encourage her.

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Khriztarl(f): 1:45pm On Sep 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Gloriagee(f): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
Voted for her. Best wishes, Millie

Ochyglowsglows:

Can you guys please vote for her? How come you can acknowledge the update and no one is even saying anything about this. Not fair at all. You people should please vote for her. Even if it's 200 naira. If 50 people gives her 2 votes each, that's a hundred vote. It's the least we can all do to encourage her.

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by oyinella(f): 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ochyglowsglows:

voted

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by AirmirthDY(f): 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
I think there's an issue with the link.... I have been trying to vote but it keeps saying.... Our website is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance..... I am sorry Millie

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Blackween(f): 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ochyglowsglows:

Done

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
Episode 31 - Yam, Pepper, Scatter, Scatter Part 2

Temi bami. (I'm in trouble.)

Her teeth chewed her lower lip like gum, as Dele drove and ranted at how Tinu's action was irrational.

God, what do I do?

Dele had shown her the letter his mother had snapped and sent to him. Tinu left because of her. No diviner had to tell her.

"Will I spend the rest of my life making up for a mistake I made six years ago? Am I supposed to continue living in fear that any moment Tinu could up and leave without a trace?" Dele shouted.

She jumped at the boom of his voice and tears glimmered in her eyes.

If Dele found out that she was the cause…

"I'm sorry." Dele said, and turned to look at her. "We were supposed to check out the reception venue, and you're here, listened to my ranting-"

"It's okay." She said to silence him.

He shouldn't be apologising. Not to her.

"Let's just get to your mum." She whispered and turned to look out the window.

I just hope she won't hate me.

If Délé's mum found out that she was behind this,after what happened after her birthday, she was finished.

The woman would put her foot down and ask her to leave her son alone.

God!

Why am I so stupid?

She'd had a row with Délé's mum, the weekend after her birthday. She'd gone with Dele to introduce the wedding planner to her and her husband.

Unfortunately, the door was answered by Omotunde, who was just returning from an event. The lady was clad in a mermaid dress, made of the exact same material she'd gifted Délé's mum.

She knew the woman didn't like her, but giving the cloth to her maid was just low. She had been dejected throughout the meeting. Dele kept on asking her what was wrong. She could only smile and say nothing.

Just before they left, she'd opened up to him and told him his mother had given the expensive material to her maid.

His mum had overheard their discussion, and accused her of trying to turn her son against her. The whole incident seemed orchestrated by the Devil.

The woman had burst into tears, saying how she was against their union, how she'd eventually tear her only son away from her, and how she'd ruin Délé's relationship with his children. The woman had asked her maid to get her the gift box from her room.

The woman had thrust her gift back into her hands, and asked her to leave her house.

The woman's husband, Dele, Omotunde and she had spent close to an hour begging the woman.

If the truth came to light, Délé's mum would proudly beat her chest and say 'I told you so', Dele would leave her and she'd be finished.

Her mother had warned her never to return to the house if she ruined her engagement to Dele.

Why did Tinu have to go?

She'd left her so many texts and voicemails apologising.

Why did she have to react this extremely?

"I'm sorry this had to happen." Dele said and reached for her left hand laying on her laps. She turned to face him and the love in his eyes made her stomach quiver.

He interlinked their fingers and kissed the back of her hand.

Dele, I'm sorry.

"No matter what, December sixteenth is December sixteenth. We'll find them. And the wedding will push through. I promise." Dele said.

A tear fell as her heart pleaded with her to tell him the truth.

"Dele," she whispered and pulled her hand away, "don't make promises you can't keep. I understand if we have to postpone the wedding."

"Seyifunmi, we're getting married. No matter what. We'll manage everything. We'll find Tinu, plan our wedding, convince her to return, and I'll have my children at my wedding. Do you understand?"

Dele, I'm sorry.

She wanted so bad to tell him what she'd done, but her lips were stapled to each other.

Donald watched his wife mope and push her plate away. Since they returned the afternoon before, she hadn't had anything to eat. Her red eyes let out more tears and something broke within him.

"Elsa, stop this nonsense." He shouted and pushed out of his chair.

She sobbed harder and he heaved in anger. He'd never seen her this sad. It was like he counted for nothing. She'd tried comforting her, but she only wept.

"Why would she do something like this? I raised Reggie since she was born. I took care of that girl with my blood and sweat and with my entire heart, and she just left. I'm sorry for any inconveniences. She took my grandchildren and left to God knows where. What if she relapses again? What will happen to them? What if she hurts my grandchildren? Donald, I'll die if anything happens to those children."

She sniffled and the door bell rang. Donald shook his head, trying not to imagine the pain that would kill him if his new wife really died like his first wife.

He left the table and walked to the door. He unlocked it and pulled it open. Dele stood there frowning with his fiancee ducking her head.

He just hoped Elsa wouldn't cause another humiliating scene. This girl had gone through enough. And Elsa's behaviour the last time, she was here was nothing short of appalling.

The girl hadn't even been talking to her. She was only sharing her fears with Dele, and Elsa had brewed a tempest in a teapot.

"Good afternoon, Sir." Dele greeted and the girl did same.

"Good afternoon." He answered and moved out of the way.

"It's even good you're here, Bamidele. Maybe you can talk sense to your mother." Donald said as he locked the door. He led them to the living room and Elsa's eyes lightened as she saw her son

"Bamidele," Elsa called and shot out of her seat, "thank God you're here. Have you gotten through to Tinu? Has she contacted you?"

Dele shook his head, and her pallor returned.

"Aye mi baje." She said and walked to the nearest sofa. (My life is ruined.)

"You see? Do you see?" Donald shouted. "Tinu had only been gone for a day, and Elsa was about to cry herself to her grave.

"Mummy, calm down." Dele pacified and walked to seat beside her.

"Odindin omo merin." Elsa howled.(Four children.) "Where do we start from? That was what she did six years ago. She left with the children, and you yourself know how we sweated before we found them. Dele, o mo. If you can't remember, I do." (Dele, you know.)

Dele sighed and looked at his fiancee. The lady looked miserable. Her eyes red with unshed tears and her teeth fastened unto her lip.

The girl was probably scared Elsa would blame her.

"Mummy, I-"

An Apple chime filled the room, cutting him short. Elsa sat up and whipped his arm.

"It could be Tinu. Answer it." Elsa shouted.

Donald sighed.

Dele pulled the phone out of his pocket and frowned at the screen.

"It's an international number," he said and picked the call, "Hello?"

His frown eased into a look of relief.

"It's Tinu." He announced and Elsa shouted that he put the phone on speaker.

"Hello, Dele. Can you hear me? Hello?" Tinu asked.

"I'm hearing you. Tinu, what's this now? Where did you go? And why did you take the children without informing me?" Dele said, with his tone livid.

"Dele, I didn't call you so you could shout on me. If you didn't notice, this is an international call and it's pretty expensive. I just wanted to let you know that my children and I have relocated to the US-"

"What?!" Dele and Elsa shouted.

"Tinu, kilode? Kilosele? Even if something went wrong, o ba ti so funmi.", Elsa cried. (Tinu, why? What happened? Even if something went wrong, you should have told me.)

"Mummy, this is for the best. I just wanted to let Dele know that we're fine and that in due course, Temi and Tomini will get in touch with him-"

"Tinu, mo fi eleda mi be e, mase bayii!"(Tinu, I beg you in the name of my creator, don't do this.)

"Mummy, I'm sorry. This is for my children." Tinu said and a beep filled the room.

"Hello?" Dele said and checked the screen. "She hung up."

"Ah! Ina jo mi."(I'm ruined.) "Where in the US will we say they are now? Dele, o pade b'aye mi je. I told you that this your relationship with this girl will ruin everything. O o gbami gbo"(Dele, you've eventually ruined my life. You didn't believe me.)

She cried and writhed unto the floor.

"Mummy," Dele called confused.

Donald turned to look at the girl and saw her crying.

"Elsa, calm down."

"How is my son doing?" Jason Oduah asked the two men in white coats.

He turned from watching Chris take struggled breaths. Was this all a mistake? Had Chris gone senile to the point of attempting to take life over and over again?

"He's stable now, but still comatose." One of the men announced.

"Mr. Oduah," the psychiatrist called, "we are terribly sorry. We don't know how he got hold of the chemical, but we'll do better next time."

Jason sized the man up from head to toe.

"If my son dies, I'll ruin your entire life's work. By the time I'm through with you, you'd never be allowed to treat even rats." Jason said and stood.

"We apologise once again." The other doctor said.

He hissed and touched his son's forehead. Tears stung his eyes and he blinked them back. It was his fault his son was this way.

"How much do I have to pay to get him permanent nurses?" Jason asked still bent over his son.

"We'd have to check with accounting and-"

"Just get it done. Get him the best there is. They stay with him twenty-four seven. They wake with him and sleep with him. They are to become his shadow. Do you understand?" He barked at them.

"Yes sir."

I'd do anything to protect you, Chris. And I'll protect you even from yourself.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 7:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
Awwwn cry

Thanks for voting guys.

I love, I love you. (In Omah Lay's voice) kiss

Please, kindly send your transfer receipts to me on Whatsapp on 09011259790. Or you can simply post it here and I'll screen shot it.

Whichever works for you.

Thank you guys so much.

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
P.S. Let me know what you think about the update.

P.P.S. Who loves Higi Haga?
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by divinelypruned(f): 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
Op thanks for the update, I still maintain my stand that Seyifunmi is not the right woman for Dele, no had feelings, she is those type of women that their mother in law is bad and not welcome, while her own family takes over the mans home, is not about Tinu, but really she is not for him, at the previous post, she frowned when she saw that the caller was Dele's mum, Millie this ship should not sail oo

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Kimzylove(f): 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2020
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by enirock(m): 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2020
The pains they are all going through. Dele's mum is fighting the pains of separation and abandonment and I think Dele to a large extent too. Seyi knows she's the cause,and cannot help but blame herself for being saucy and irrational, and she believes saying what she's done will lead to Dele backing out. Donald shares from the wifes pain. Thanks Millie for the update. I have not been able to access the link maybe as a result of my phone, please when is the deadline for voting, or is it a continous process?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Lucifer's Key / Victims Of Passion / The One Who Awaits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.