Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines (1376 Views)

Police Parades ABSU 500-L Student Emmanuel Victor Who Killed Rival Cult Member / 2024/2025 WAEC Registration Form, Fee, Deadline And Guidelines / Abia State University ( ABSU ) Is Demanding For 30k Before They Can Confirm Rslt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by KimVenom(m): 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
SCHOOL RESUMPTION
-------
◾ Sipisi Media Network◾

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Abia State University (ABSU) Resumption Date and Guidelines for Continuation of First (1st), Second (2nd) Semester Academic Activities for 2019/2020 Academic Session [Staff and Students].
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

The Vice-Chancellor, Abia State University, Distinguished Professor E. Uche Ikonne, has disclosed the preparedness of the University to resume normal Academic Activities, as soon as, approval is given by the relevant State and Federal Government Authorities.

In readiness for the Reopening, the University Management is set to obey the directives of Government in Physical facilities, including Hostel accommodation, Lecture theatres; Fumigation of premises; COVID-19 testing facilities; Medical facilities and mechanism for dealing with possible cases of COVID-19 infection and other protective checks, in obedience to the NCDC Protocols, to guarantee the health and safety of Students and Staff of the University.

The Vice-Chancellor who disclosed this while receiving Report of the Committee on ABSU COVID-19 Reopening, further disclosed that the Reopening of the University will be in phases, starting with the Final year Students, while all Returning Students would be expected to show evidence of recent valid COVID-19 Test Results, from recognized NCDC Centres in the Country, to be eligible to participate in the forthcoming Examinations.

Other Recommendations of the Committee include:

◾That all Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff should be tested to know their COVID-19 status.

◾That all Returning Students should come along with at least, a pair of face masks.

◾That all Staff, Students and Visitors into the University must wear their face mask.

◾That Sick-bay and Isolation centres be provided in the University, to handle Emergency cases, before referral to appropriate Treatment centres.

◾That Water and Detergent should be provided on Entry and other Designated places in the University, for regular hand washing.

◾That Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be provided for the University Health workers.

◾That the Department of Pure and Industrial Chemistry should be mobilised to continue to produce ABSU Hand Sanitizers for Staff and Students.

◾That adequate sensitization should be done to create the necessary awareness to ensure strict compliance.

◾That any suspected case of COVID-19 infection should be reported to the appropriate Health Facility.

The Vice-Chancellor, Distinguished Professor E. Uche Ikonne, reassured Staff, Students and Visitors to the University of their safety, while urging all to take Responsibility, to avoid any infection, by Regularly washing of hands, Wearing face masks and Observing Physical distancing.

Please:
Keep safe
Play safe.
Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by Honduras01: 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
grin it's going down, after all covid is scam shocked

1 Like

Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by KimVenom(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
Like seriously am still wondering how NCDC discharge 11k last week.

And Edo cases are reducing due to the election. LoL

This country no go kill us
Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by flyingpig: 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
Na that recent valid covid-19 test results vex me pass.

If FG makes it a pre-requiscite to ASUU before school resumption, very soon you go hear FG don temporarily cart away all the testing kits in public testing centres, to private facilities and reap 25k off each student. angry

Nigeria FG can privatise anything to make money for their cronies or themselves.
Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by Francis95(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2020
Who is going to pay for the Covid test?

Y'all mad

1 Like

Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by KimVenom(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
flyingpig:
Na that recent valid covid-19 test results vex me pass.

If FG makes it a pre-requiscite to ASUU before school resumption, very soon you go hear FG don temporarily cart away all the testing kits in public testing centres, to private facilities and reap 25k off each student. angry

Nigeria FG can privatise anything to make money for their cronies or themselves.

Yea true talk nro
Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by KimVenom(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
Francis95:
Who is going to pay for the Covid test?

Y'all mad

Same thing Na I day ask myself

2 Likes

Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by Epositive(m): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2020
Las las, online lectures na scam. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by Vyzz: 6:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
No date yet....

Please how much is the covid-19 test let me know how many more weeks I will stay at home

1 Like

Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by paulolee(m): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2020
na wah oooo..
Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by esivue007(m): 10:37pm On Aug 11, 2020
Abi dis people day mad
Pay for Covid-19 test....
Una fada!!!!
I was happy on sighting the headline...cuz I had dis feelings dat absu wanna lead for others(varsities) to follow in the reopening of institutions.
I trust d student,they would resist it (test stuff)completely.
Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by exynos(m): 2:07am On Aug 12, 2020
Is this true?

I doubt the authenticity of this news, no source
Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by KimVenom(m): 7:17am On Aug 12, 2020
Vyzz:
No date yet....

Please how much is the covid-19 test let me know how many more weeks I will stay at home

I no know o I day fear normal test talkless of covid19
Re: Abia State University (ABSU) Reopening And Guidelines by KimVenom(m): 7:17am On Aug 12, 2020
exynos:
Is this true?

I doubt the authenticity of this news, no source

It's true

(1) (Reply)

Just_in: We Are Not The Ones They Are Talking To - ASUU President Speaks / The Seven{7} Habits Of Highly Effective People / Nipr Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.