Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! (8594 Views)

Hustle and Bustle, Obi Cubana’s Abuja Club Shut Indefinitely / Make Money Using ALAT-WEMA Bank. / Earn 10k Weekly From ALAT Wema Bank Empowerment Programe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! by Bobbybube(m): 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2020
I opened an account with ALAT by Wema because I needed to run transactions cheaply and with ease. It is supposed to be a 100% digital bank and you dont need to open it physically. Little did i know my life would turn into a nightmare and i would be making complaints every day since then.
I provided my bvn, contact details, identification, personal details etc and the account was fully setup.
I was sent some thousands of Naira and instantly they blocked my account. Initially the app said they are "verifying" my details and restrictions will be lifted in 2 days. I waited a week nothing! I contacted them on twitter after much rubbish they said i should call customer care. Their customer care line is not free but i took pains to load airtime just for that purpose but they keep you waiting up to an hour till airtime runs out.
I sent them several mails but no reply. I decided to physically visit the bank but their only branch in Imo state is no more functional. Same with Enugu and Onitsha. I was able to get them on their website where i can chat with a representative after waiting at least 6 hours. Every single day i complain they'll tell me to exercise patience. This has been going on for a month now. It is pointless complaining because they have some cliche phrases they keep using.

I am drained and tired. I haven't seen a more useless, irresponsible and incompetent bank in my life. No communication channel, terrible customer service. Please, well meaning Nigerians should come to my rescue. Save a life. Thanks!!! Any and all advice are welcome.

1 Like

Re: ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! by yanabasee1(m): 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2020
Lalasticlara please help this.....

I have been nurturing interest to have an alat account but due to the bad news about it....I have to change my mind over it.
Re: ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2020
What an incompetent bank... But who send you to go and open an account with that bank that doesn't have any branch or physical address in the entire South East.. Any way Na you do your self. You no see other banks..
Re: ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! by Bobbybube(m): 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2020
yanabasee1:
Lalasticlara please help this.....

I have been nurturing interest to have an alat account but due to the bad news about it....I have to change my mind over it.
I cannot wish my enemy an Alat account. Nigeria is not just ready to go digital. How can you have a bank without a functional email or customer care phone number??
As it stands, the only solution may be to travel to Lagos during this health crisis to visit their branch.
And yet i have no assurance they'll fix it

1 Like

Re: ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! by Gbadex17(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
Go to the nearest wema bank office to you it will definitely be sorted because it also happened to me.
Re: ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! by kelleywizzi: 8:08am On Dec 18, 2020
Gbadex17:
Go to the nearest wema bank office to you it will definitely be sorted because it also happened to me.
please was your issue resolved?
I need to know because I’m having the same issue right now

(1) (Reply)

How To Open A Pickup Station With Jumia / How Sanusi Lamido Sold Intercontinental Bank To His Friends - TheStreetJournal / Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.