Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? (23907 Views)

What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? / What Have You Learned From The Recent Layoffs? / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Onyenna(m): 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
uc4uandc..... You can start with Python....

I have materials that can help you learn on your own..... I'm in Owerri....
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Gordieshegz(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
Opmic:
Please help a bigginner,

Is it adviceable to start Python without any knowledge of JavaScript?

Yes.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by NaijaElba(m): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
Najdorf:
Java. I had no interest in web development so I didn't feel like taking the conventional route of html, css, js route for beginners. When I finally found the fields I was interested in, I eventually dropped it for Python.

What field is your interest?
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by TheManOfTheYear: 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
ElvisPresley:
Javascript and Python

Javascript is the only programming language that gives python a run for it's money.. Most programmers don't see javascript as a very good language but why I find javascript so impressive is cos it is the language of web browsers so demand for it will remain high for the foreseeable future!
The disadvantage is it can only be used in Web development.

Python on the other hand is the fastest growing programming language in the world....It is very flexible .The only disadvantage I see in Python is you can't use it for front-end web development or front-end app development..

Most of you will just come online and be saying things you don't know;
Who told you JS can only be used in web development?

JS can be used to build apps
JS is used in building desktop programs (Electron JS),
JS was even used in space technology to program rockets by NASA and Space X

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by lovekillz(m): 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyking1234:
Python during my ss2 days. Still learning though.

..if you want to learn programming, I have resources to give for free. Quote me.

Dear sir,
Kindly assist me with your materials on python sir
My email address is
Oluwaseunisaiah8@gmail.com
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by TheManOfTheYear: 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
lekbel09:
grin cheesy cheesy. I think there is a thread on front page where one guy was lamenting how he was unable to make money despite all the IT skills he has all cos of lack of clients.

Only on NL alone I know the number of persons I see on a daily basis that can create website from scratch .

Truth is give this thing 10years from now sef it'll become redundant . They are tonnes of materials online for anyone to learn.
You know nothing Jon Snow;
You think being a programmer is when someone says "I have started learning Python, I'm learning JavaScript" blah blah blah, programming is hard bro, not everyone who dabbled with a programming language are actually able to make a career out of it and become professional programmers. It is not a profession for the average Joe.

Don't be deceived by all these comments

8 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by DEWKID(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
Html cause thats the first of web knowledge
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by TheManOfTheYear: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
BethRhema:
Java,which is the foundation for all other programming languages
Lol.. C is the foundation bros.
Java was derived from C

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by TheManOfTheYear: 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
barragan:

How many people truly knows Excel, I'm sure you can't find up to a thousand of them in Nigeria.
No mind the guy. He thinks programming is like MS Word, everyone thinking they can predict the future as if they went to the future and came back grin
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by tianshie(m): 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
Toasting. To program my neighbour daughter, Deola.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phyton
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by na2016: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
MATLAB and now Python for my project
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by 95seun(m): 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
Python, first language I learnt as part of my CS degree.

Sorry to distract the thread

We are a Nigerian ecommerce start up building a platform to provide fabric retailers with the digital infrastructure for quality consumer engagement while providing a convenient and immersive online shopping experience for their customers.
I have validated our business model with overwhelming interest.
I have already sold our products to a few retailers and have several more lined up, with investor pitch decks ready to go.

We need talents in product design, software engineering, branding and growth marketing.
This role is suitable for undergraduates or new graduates who want to work in a challenging, interdisciplinary environment.
This person understand how to get things done and understands the self driven, interdisciplinary ethic needed to survive in a start up environment.

If interested, please send me a DM or respond to previous posts.
You must be ready to demonstrate relevant work experience.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by enigma0: 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyking1234:

..if you want to learn programming, I have resources to give for free. Quote me.
I wish to learn, how can I get the resources?
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Charlexy04: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyking1234:

Big bro , �
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by rondo23: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
stanliwise:
JavaScript
Although I later dumped it for my true love PHP. Don't ask me why
We know why o�
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by twosquare(m): 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
Lol...let me ask you. grin

But what is so special about this PHP that people can't leave. I know some call it the language of the Internet and all that.

Just share your personal view. I am a novice here.

I'm thinking of learning one language.
stanliwise:
JavaScript
Although I later dumped it for my true love PHP. Don't ask me why
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Charlexy04: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
Onyenna:
uc4uandc..... You can start with Python....

I have materials that can help you learn on your own..... I'm in Owerri....

I'll need a help too bro I'm in Owerri also, MCC Uratta. God bless.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Djdeebrain(m): 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
Html grin
Reason is that it was the easiest for beginners

Html is not a programming language
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Tbasicme: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
VB and Sql
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Nonychinonso(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyking1234:

davidnony71@gmail. com send it to my email
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by JOACHINpedro: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Djdeebrain:

Html is not a programming language
So I heard, but undoubtedly it gives a headsup to newbies
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by smartkester(m): 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
Najdorf:
Java. I had no interest in web development so I didn't feel like taking the conventional route of html, css, js route for beginners. When I finally found the fields I was interested in, I eventually dropped it for Python.
so, I presume you're now Python programmer, if I may ask please, can you state where Python is verily applicable?
I'm very much interested in learning Python but I heard it's mostly used for data science but I yearn to know more of it's applications. I also heard Python is one of the easiest Programming language, how true please?
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by anayolity: 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyking1234:

Guy abeg give me...Thanks.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by klashe(m): 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ruby,

Friendly syntax, rapid development.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by smartkester(m): 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
wale377:
Python.... very easy to learn
so far, please where have you been applying the knowledge of Python?
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Donotread: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2020
What Was The First Programming Language You Learned: Everybody Answer.
Why? : No REASON
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by brownskilo(m): 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
Java my first year in school csc 101
Python second year in school csc 201
JavaScript after school due to high demand and availability of materials to learn with.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by smartkester(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
ElvisPresley:
Javascript and Python

Javascript is the only programming language that gives python a run for it's money.. Most programmers don't see javascript as a very good language but why I find javascript so impressive is cos it is the language of web browsers so demand for it will remain high for the foreseeable future!
The disadvantage is it can only be used in Web development.

Python on the other hand is the fastest growing programming language in the world....It is very flexible .The only disadvantage I see in Python is you can't use it for front-end web development or front-end app development..

aside web development, please where can one apply knowledge of Python?
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by smartkester(m): 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyking1234:

I want to learn Python, please help me with the resources, if it's not free just don't bother
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by wale377(m): 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
smartkester:
so far, please where have you been applying the knowledge of Python?

Writing scripts/ Network automation.... I’m more of a networking guy
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Layksaide(m): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
Qbasic and DBase

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My New Excel Dashboard / Difference Between Visual Basic And Visual Basic .NET / Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.