Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center (1375 Views)

MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway / Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) / 5 Reasons Why You Should Carry Out Regular Computer Car Diagnostic Scanning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
I have been a silent reader of Car Talk for a number of years and I must say that I have benefited a lot.

I am from one of the northern states where we have only one car diagnostic center. We call it "wajen car computer" which literally means the place you can find a car computer. That should tell you that my people over here do not know much about car diagnostic and those who know are being ripped off of their hard earned cash at "wajen car computer" just to scan their cars.

So I picked interest in opening a car diagnostic center and may be run my services at a cheaper price and also run a robust awareness campaign/advert on the radio on the advantages of scanning your car to detect issues in order to bring in customers.

But the thing is I don't have the knowledge to interpret the codes gotten from the scans. Is there any way I can be able to learn it? Cos just like "wajen car computer" I intend my services to be that where I just scan your car and interpret the codes detected and its left for you and your mechanic to go fix it.

Car Talk gurus, pls assist me.

Cc Gazzuzz CarGuidNG Deportivo Readonee35L Computerglobal Ikenna351 Marpol Piyke AutoElectNG legalwealth
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by dicksonadams(m): 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
Cc autologic

1 Like

Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
dicksonadams:
Cc autologic
Thank you bros. I wonder if relying on Google will do the trick. Or is there a website where these codes are interpreted may be for a fee?
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
DonDemu:
I have been a silent reader of Car Talk for a number of years and I must say that I have benefited a lot.

I am from one of the northern states where we have only one car diagnostic center. We call it "wajen car computer" which literally means the place you can find a car computer. That should tell you that my people over here do not know much about car diagnostic and those who know are being ripped off of their hard earned cash at "wajen car computer" just to scan their cars.

So I picked interest in opening a car diagnostic center and may be run my services at a cheaper price and also run a robust awareness campaign/advert on the radio on the advantages of scanning your car to detect issues in order to bring in customers.

But the thing is I don't have the knowledge to interpret the codes gotten from the scans. Is there any way I can be able to learn it? Cos just like "wajen car computer" I intend my services to be that where I just scan your car and interpret the codes detected and its left for you and your mechanic to go fix it.

What drives your passion? Money or knowledge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Boss, to be honest, to know about car systems and how they work was what prompted me to take interest in this. But then, I wouldn't mind if at the same time it will bring in some income.
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Praxtech: 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Both.
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by MOTIONTECH(m): 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
Where in the north are you based?
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by LeJeun3: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2020

At this point I see someone more interested in money than knowledge....

Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
LeJeun3:

At this point I see someone more interested in money than knowledge....

Believe me I need more of the the knowledge at this point. Cause without it, no matter how interested I am in the money aspect, the money will not come.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
Pls auto gurus, you guys should not kill my dream. Pls I'm counting on you guys

CC
Gazzuzz
Autologic
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by autologic: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
If you can commit at least two years for intensive learning , training coupled with lot hands-ons under supervision of seasoned auto tech then you can have idea of how deep the rabbit hole goes. Diagnosis go beyond Just checking for codes.
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Piyke: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
DonDemu:

Cc Gazzuzz CarGuidNG Deportivo Readonee35L Computerglobal Ikenna351 Marpol Piyke AutoElectNG legalwealth

Everyone starts from somewhere. Depending on how savvy you are with self learning and if you are ready to devote time and energy to reading and YouTube (I mean a lot), you will get there. It sounds like you have the passion. Otherwise if you prefer to be taught then you will need some type of course, though it sounds like such isn't available in your area. Don't be discouraged though. Do you have a car? Do you have a scanner?
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
autologic:
If you can commit at least two years for intensive learning , training coupled with lot hands-ons under supervision of seasoned auto tech then you can have idea of how deep the rabbit hole goes. Diagnosis go beyond Just checking for codes.
2yrs? That's serious. Thanks for the response
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
Piyke:

Everyone starts from somewhere. Depending on how savvy you are with self learning and if you are ready to devote time and energy to reading and YouTube (I mean a lot), you will get there. It sounds like you have the passion. Otherwise if you prefer to be thaught then you will need some type of course, though it sounds like such isn't available in your area. Don't be discouraged though. Do you have a car? Do you have a scanner?
Yes I have a car. For the scanner, I intend to get one
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by kingreign(m): 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
DonDemu:
Thank you bros. I wonder if relying on Google will do the trick. Or is there a website where these codes are interpreted may be for a fee?
Can you commit 2-3 years of your whole life to go and sit and learn from road side kazeem as an apprentice, not minding his insults, assaults and demeaning actions towards you?, resign from your current job, use your spare night time as a time for intensive research, use your car as a guinea pig, your savings as a research funds and also start up capital?

Yes or No?
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
kingreign:

Can you commit 2-3 years of your whole life to go and sit and learn from road side kazeem as an apprentice, not minding his insults, assaults and demeaning actions towards you?, resign from your current job, use your spare night time as a time for intensive research, use your car as a guinea pig, your savings as a research funds and also start up capital?

Yes or No?
Damn cheesy. But sincerely, No!
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by kingreign(m): 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
DonDemu:
Damn cheesy. But sincerely, No!
To be honest with you, you never really ready yet.
Well, I did that which I asked you if it's possible for you to do and I am glad I did it.
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
kingreign:

To be honest with you, you never really ready yet.
Well, I did that which I asked you if it's possible for you to do and I am glad I did it.
Hmmm. You're making me to have a rethink about the whole thing.
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Depressed101: 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
Why do i feel you guys are just out to frustrating the op.. God it's just diagnostics not repair lipsrsealed really...

Op if you are Daring like me, and have some couple of money to throw around.

I suggest you dive into it, with YouTube and other online resources. Buy the required equipments, set your garage up. And Get going.

I'm 6months you should be good for the average car owners in your locale

1 Like

Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Gofautos(m): 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Do you need a convenient and affordable car repair service?

Do you want reliability and peace of mind when you drop your car at a repair shop?

Then Gofautos Limited is the right place for you.

At Gofautos Limited we give you quality, affordability,realibility and peace of mind for services paid for.

Contact us today for your car Repair, maintenance and servicing.
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Praxtech: 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Gofautos:

Do you need a convenient and affordable car repair service?

Do you want reliability and peace of mind when you drop your car at a repair shop?

Then Gofautos Limited is the right place for you.

At Gofautos Limited we give you quality, affordability,realibility and peace of mind for services paid for.

Contact us today for your car Repair, maintenance and servicing.
You definitely know nothing about cars
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
Depressed101:
Why do i feel you guys are just out to frustrating the op.. God it's just diagnostics not repair lipsrsealed really...

I suggest you dive into it, with YouTube and other online resources. Buy the required equipments, set your garage up. And Get going.

Thanks very much for the words bro. I've started with YouTube videos already. Any idea on the kind of scanner I should get?
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by autologic: 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
Depressed101:

Just Diagnosis hmmm

1 Like

Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
Depressed101:

There's a sample of what happens when you jump into things you have no idea about in Abuja, he relocated from Lagos, bought a scanner and setup shop near a carwash .

It's not about buying equipment (not every job needs a scanner) it's about understanding the principles of how these systems work and a supervisor to guide so you know how and what to look out for. You cannot jump to the finish line.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Praxtech: 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
autologic:

Just Diagnosis hmmm
Scope baba
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by autologic: 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
2yrs? That's serious. Thanks for the response
2 years is not even enough to be an expert of the game , jsut enough to give u the basic foundation u need and from there u build on it .
Forget about YouTube and Google ,if you are really serious and don't want to waste your time ,go and learn under a good master .
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
autologic:

2 years is not even enough to be an expert of the game , jsut enough to give u the basic foundation u need and from there u build on it .
Forget about YouTube and Google ,if you are really serious and don't want to waste your time ,go and learn under a good master .
Sir it is not as if I want to learn how to fix problems oo. I just want to know how to generally scan a car and interpret the results for the person to go meet an expert to take it up from there.
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by autologic: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
Sir it is not as if I want to learn how to fix problems oo. I just want to know how to generally scan a car and interpret the results for the person to go meet an expert to take it up from there.
Scan ? It is pure deceit if you get it from anybody that only scanning reveal problems,what goes behind the scene of troubleshooting involve so much that scanning only like 5% out of the whole 100% even atimes scanning is not even needed .
Beside , if you are Diagnosing and you cannot fix , sorry to say it is useless , for this job you can't stay on the fence , it is either you are in fully or out if you don't want to get your ass kicked .

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:

But the thing is
I don't have the knowledge to interpret the codes gotten from the scans.
Is there any way I can be able to learn it? Cos just like "wajen car computer" I intend my services to be that where I just scan your car and interpret the codes detected and its left for you and your mechanic to go fix it.

Dont buy a basic scanner

You need a good scanner that will pin point a faulty

Look at scanners like AUTEL MK 808, VCDS (only for WV group car), LAUNCH X431
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Depressed101: 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

There's a sample of what happens when you jump into things you have no idea about in Abuja, he relocated from Lagos, bought a scanner and setup shop near a carwash .

It's not about buying equipment (not every job needs a scanner) it's about understanding the principles of how these systems work and a supervisor to guide so you know how and what to look out for. You cannot jump to the finish line.

Jump I can. But I understand that not everyone can jump like that.
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Depressed101: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
Thanks very much for the words bro. I've started with YouTube videos already. Any idea on the kind of scanner I should get?
Take my advise as a generalization. I don't have an idea.
Re: How Do I Run A Car Diagnostic Center by Alfred74: 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
There are some guys you see at ladipo market and apo mechanic abuja carrying scanners up and down.
All they do is scan your car,give you codes,collect their cash and leave you to deal with the codes yourself. I.e they are only doing it for the monetary gain.

Now it brings me to where gazzuzz asked you if it was for money or passion. Honestly there is no shame in saying it was for the monetary aspect,at least we all know how hard the country is,and that answer would have saved many a whole lot of headache.

If it is truly passion,you won't be bothered about the long 2 years or more to really learn the in to to of scanning and diagnosing,as that will even give you mad confidence and more cash in your pocket.

Whichever path you choose,I am wishing you nothing but success,stay alive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice On Getting A Car For My Bolt Business / Can I Ship 14 Year Old Suv (mercedes Ml 320) Nigeria From Usa / How To Drive In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.