Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked (39747 Views)

She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards / Sacked UNILAG VC, Ogundipe, Withdraws Suit Against Babalakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by emmy43(m): 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
deepwater:
with such signature?
that Registrar must be a certified clown

What do u know?

1 Like

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by jaxxy(m): 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
Interesting
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by emmy43(m): 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
uruba23:
See his face like Babalankin very soon you would be declared persona non grata to the University of Lagos. Financial recklessness indeed.

You're not even in the said school , funny how u tried to give judgement...truth is, aside power tussle most of the vc's financial activities has been questionable and he knows that. Most of the staffs are happy for his removal except the ASUU members

1 Like

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
emmy43:

You're not even in the said school , funny how u tried to give judgement...truth is, aside power tussle most of the vc's financial activities has been questionable and he knows that. Most of the staffs are happy for his removal except the ASUU members
It baffles me how you jump to conclusions. Why should ASUU be happy when they are still battling F.G over IPPIS.I might no longer be there doesn't mean I don't have stakes and interest .You don't know me Chief
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by obawinner(m): 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
toyetade:
I thought due process were followed by the governing council when 7 voted in favour and 4 against. The VC should go to the court if he is agrieved not behaving like clown and bringing down the reputation of the Uni.
it is advisable not to give conclusion based on hear say. You failed to highlights it was via secret ballot WhatsApp contact, you had wrong numbers in the vote counts.

1 Like

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by earnit1: 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
Dreamer
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by DaddyCoco(m): 11:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
A Unilag alumnus here!

Prior to 2015, they had allegedly killed a very good VC (Professor Sofoluwe) of Unilag 'cause he didn't allow those evil people to influence him. Now it's Professor Ogundipe with "serious acts of recklessness, abuse of office, misconduct" yen yen yen lines! As long as Professor Ogundipe isn't doing their evil bidding, he's now involved in "gross misconduct". It's funny how that wicked Professor Rahman Bello, who gave us indemnity form to sign and cut short our social life as students, was allowed to stay.

God dey!
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Vikalinda(m): 2:29am On Aug 13, 2020
deepwater:
with such signature? that Registrar must be a certified clown
Council registrar is not school registrar
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Vikalinda(m): 2:40am On Aug 13, 2020
Still learning, I thought the president approves the appointments of federal University VC through the minister of education. the council can only recommend his removal to the minister and president if found wanting.
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Vikalinda(m): 2:47am On Aug 13, 2020
deepwater:
with such signature?
that Registrar must be a certified clown
.�
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Orpe7(m): 4:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Pattypatt:
Is it gnld?

Google the company
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by emmy43(m): 7:27am On Aug 13, 2020
uruba23:

It baffles me how you jump to conclusions. Why should ASUU be happy when they are still battling F.G over IPPIS.I might no longer be there doesn't mean I don't have stakes and interest .You don't know me Chief

Read well, only ASUU are in support of him because they are accomplices.

1 Like

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by emmy43(m): 7:35am On Aug 13, 2020
DaddyCoco:
A Unilag alumnus here!

Prior to 2015, they had allegedly killed a very good VC (Professor Sofoluwe) of Unilag 'cause he didn't allow those evil people to influence him. Now it's Professor Ogundipe with "serious acts of recklessness, abuse of office, misconduct" yen yen yen lines! As long as Professor Ogundipe isn't doing their evil bidding, he's now involved in "gross misconduct". It's funny how that wicked Professor Rahman Bello, who gave us indemnity form to sign and cut short our social life as students, was allowed to stay.

God dey!

What is this one saying? I don't like people talking out of ignorance.
Tell your vc to defend himself. Simple!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by 1forall: 8:29am On Aug 13, 2020
kingwonder:
Same school, different letterheads.

Seems normal in Nigeria
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Ghokes(m): 8:47am On Aug 13, 2020
Wale Babalakin, though influential but cuts numerous controversies in his dealings
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2020
Vikalinda:
Still learning, I thought the president approves the appointments of federal University VC through the minister of education. the council can only recommend his removal to the minister and president if found wanting.

The law empowers Council to hire and fire, after following due process, but they will inform the govt of their decision.
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by HRMK: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2020
MAJORITY CARRY THE VOTES......7:4:1....SO THE VP STANDS SACKED!THAT IS THE FACT!!
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Sheggy13(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2020
Vikalinda:

There's nothing like Council registrar. What you have is Secretary to the Council who also doubles as the Registrar of the University. That's how it is in every University in the country.

1 Like

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 13, 2020
Vikalinda:

There nothing like Council Registrar, but Secretary to Council who is also the School Registrar.
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Ologbojo2023: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2020
Seikiri1:

Why
the reason was he failed to dance to their corrupt turns so the only options left for them is to prepare his exit to creat chop n clean mouth for incoming vc..... Shikena
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by DexterousOne(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2020
DaddyCoco:
A Unilag alumnus here!

God dey!

Well said
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2020
emmy43:

Read well, only ASUU are in support of him because they are accomplices.
Indeed support or no support that legal gentleman would not be allow to trample on the autonomy of the institution.Good thing the Vice President was one a lecturer in the legal department can he tell me he has seen such interference by a Pro Chancellor .I don't think this Chief Babalankin even understand the consequences of his action.Infact Oga Buhari should come and remove him, he can give us another Legal gentleman like Chief Wole Olanipekun as Pro Chancellor we don't mind. Mind you this is not about personality,because unlike politicians who retire permanently after service, Vice Chancellor still return to the lecture room to supervise there PhD students and lecture.I hope the VP would still have time after retiring from active politics
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by SweetestIfy279: 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by DarkandHandsome(m): 4:35am On Aug 14, 2020
Praxtech:

That pro chancellor is going. For the Pro Chancellor.
I'm sorry he can't go. He's representing the federal government and I'm sure the federal government knows about his decision.

1 Like

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by DaddyCoco(m): 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
emmy43:

What is this one saying? I don't like people talking out of ignorance.
Tell your vc to defend himself. Simple!

If you can't engage in constructive conversations/arguments without sounding insulting, you'd better take your pettiness to those who own you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Thomas Fuller, African Math Genius Whose Intellect Shocked White People / 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know / Npower: See Pictures Of My Friend PPA In Gombe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.