Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

Islamic and Christianity Position In Regard To Blasphemy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic and Christianity Position In Regard To Blasphemy. (164 Views)

What Did The Bible Teach In Regard To Abortion? / Mubarak Bala, Pleads Guilty To Blasphemy, sentenced to 24 years imprisonment / What Is The Judgement Of Islamic And Christian Religion On Incision (gbere) In Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic and Christianity Position In Regard To Blasphemy. by ictplotter(m): 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Allah says, {And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (i.e., this Qur'an) that when you hear the Verses of Allah being denied and mocked or blasphemy at, then sit not with them until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allah will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell(fire)} Qur'an' 4:140].

Mark
3vs28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

Leviticus 24vs16. anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.
Re: Islamic and Christianity Position In Regard To Blasphemy. by PlayerMeji: 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
So?
Re: Islamic and Christianity Position In Regard To Blasphemy. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
The only difference is that Jesus warned his followers against shedding anyone's blood irrespective of what they might have done.

1 Like

Re: Islamic and Christianity Position In Regard To Blasphemy. by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Aug 13, 2020
Gracealone:
The only difference is that Jesus warned his followers against shedding anyone's blood irrespective of what they might have done.
The difference is that the Blasphemy laws in question exist only as far as Descendants of Jacob are concerned since they are the ones whom the Old Covenant laws apply to. The law of Moses has absolutely nothing to do with anyone who is not a descendant of Jacob. Over and over God made that known in the book of Deuteronomy too.

Deuteronomy 6 vs 10-11(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. The Lord your God made a promise to your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He promised to give you this land, and he will give it to you. He will give you great and rich cities that you did not build.
11. He will give you houses full of good things that you did not put there. He will give you wells that you did not dig. He will give you vineyards and olive trees that you did not plant, and you will have plenty to eat.
again...

Deuteronomy 9 vs 4-6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. “The Lord your God will force those nations out for you. But don’t say to yourselves, ‘The Lord brought us to live in this land because we are such good people.’ No, the Lord forced those nations out because they were evil, not because you were good.
5. You are going in to take their land, but not because you are good and live right. You are going in, and the Lord your God is forcing those people out because of the evil way they lived. And the Lord wants to keep the promise he made to your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
6. The Lord your God is giving you that good land to live in, but you should know that it is not because you are good. The truth is that you are very stubborn people!
again...

Deuteronomy 4 vs 1-2 (ERV)
1. “Now, Israel, listen to the laws and to the commands that I teach you. Obey them and you will live. Then you can go in and take the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you.
2. You must not add to what I command you. And you must not take anything away. You must obey the commands of the Lord your God that I have given you.
again...

Deuteronomy 6 vs 1-3(ERV)
1. “These are the commands, the laws, and the rules that the Lord your God told me to teach you. Obey these laws in the land that you are entering to live in.
1. You and your descendants must respect the Lord your God as long as you live. You must obey all his laws and commands that I give you. If you do this, you will have a long life in that new land.
1. Israelites, listen carefully and obey these laws. Then everything will be fine with you. You will have many children, and you will get the land filled with many good things[a]—just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised.
again...

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20 (ERV)
15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.
19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
Any persons are not descendants of Abraham, Isaac AND Jacob... all 3 men are not eligible and cannot partake in the Old Covenant.

Non descendants of Jacob, the only blasphemy law that applies is the one Jesus Christ gave when He was on earth, and even then, He made the Spirit of God judge, jury and executioner in that situation.

Matthew 12 vs 31-33(ERV)
31. So I tell you, people can be forgiven for every sinful thing they do and for every bad thing they say against God. But anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
32. You can even speak against the Son of Man and be forgiven. But anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven—not now or in the future.

(1) (Reply)

The Damage Christianity Did To Igboland / Prophet Odumeje Welcomed 5th Child, Third Son, Fourth Lion And 5G Baby(video) / Bishop Dale Bronner – No Matter What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.