Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires (29048 Views)

David Beckham Retires From Football / Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager / John Terry Retires From International Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2011
He was just awesome in his playing days, retired at a tender age of 34 yet achieved almost everything in football. He was simply d best especially while playing at Barcelona alongside Stoichkov and Emmanuel Amunike. greatest of all
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by eghost247(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2011
A living legend
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by chrisical(m): 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2011
The world may never witness another player as great as ronaldo.Certainly the most clinical player of all time.Good bye R9,Thanks for the joy you gave us.
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by yomitesp(m): 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2011
UM DOS MELHORES !-One of the best ever !!!
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by 197(f): 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2011
I present to you a HD quality video i did for Ronaldo

some months back,

The name of the song i used is the concerpt by M@D

thank you ronaldo for scoring those ghana fools for me

Click play and enjoy the video

from 190 to fans of ronaldo

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy35p7gcN6c[/flash]
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by 197(f): 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2011
Ronaldo confirms retirement age

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITH6E0hIeq0[/flash]
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by tlops(m): 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2011
wow! thats good news. goodluck to him
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by KennyG6(m): 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2011
I doff my hat to the greatest centre forward of his generation, A true legend
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by alextywo(m): 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2011
Great indeed.My all time best striker,may God bless the remainder of your soccerless life.
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2011
@poster
he was fat, slow and out of skills. he himself said he counldnt do the move he wanted to due to. . . . . . . . .old age or whatever. better to quit when people still remember him as a great player than humiliate himself any longer.
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by olumyde5(m): 8:16am On Feb 16, 2011
World's Greatest
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by Reference(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
he was fat, slow and out of skills. he himself said he counldnt do the move he wanted to due to. . . . . . . . .old age or whatever. better to quit when people still remember him as a great player than humiliate himself any longer.

Mr.J easy on the guy. He's acknowledged that his body wasn't responding to training weight loss and this is simply because he suffers from hypo-thyroidism and could not take drugs for that condition because they are banned by WADA.

He tried his best and no matter how it ended we will remember the great times. There's no professional in soccer who retires at his peak. This is not boxing or some other personality sport. Every footballer is part of a team and when he sees he cannot contribute to the team he calls it quits without losing an iota of respect and reverence whether he be Maldini, Romario or Gary Neville in the past or Thierry and Becks to come. Even Zizzou who went out with a head butt was recently honoured by Loris.

We love him because he gave his all to all the teams he played for. On the field he was a warrior. Not like the divers and simulators we have today which accounts for the recurring injuries he suffered.
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by gentlegg(m): 9:16am On Feb 16, 2011
This guy is the best striker ever on this planet.

Lima, we miss you.
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by honprof: 10:38am On Feb 16, 2011
When living legends retire from the game they love most, you tend to miss them. He was one of the best "complete strikers" in the last 20 years with speed, skill and strength). We love him because he gave his all to all the teams he played for ( la liga, Serie A etc )

Thus, the ", REAL RONALDO" (not fake simulators and divers) has retire, hope strikers will learn from this humble personality to improve their game. On the field he was a warrior and still the player with highest number of goals in the world cup.

The game will surely miss you.
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by Freesia(f): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2011
Retiring at 34 what a short career !!  Rewarding Career at that  hopefully he has good financial advisers and he won't mismanage his money
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by Fearcom(m): 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2011
Happi Retirement Man grin
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by Fearcom(m): 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2011
Happi Retirement Man  grin
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by mamagee3(f): 1:26am On Feb 17, 2011
Did he retire early?

He was supposed to retire long time ago.
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by md4real(m): 10:30am On Feb 17, 2011
HE IS SIMPLY THE PHENOMINA. NO STRIKER CAN EVER BE LIKE HIM.
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2011
Reference:

Mr.J easy on the guy. He's acknowledged that his body wasn't responding to training weight loss and this is simply because he suffers from hypo-thyroidism and could not take drugs for that condition because they are banned by WADA.

He tried his best and no matter how it ended we will remember the great times. There's no professional in soccer who retires at his peak. This is not boxing or some other personality sport. Every footballer is part of a team and when he sees he cannot contribute to the team he calls it quits without losing an iota of respect and reverence whether he be Maldini, Romario or Gary Neville in the past or Thierry and Becks to come. Even Zizzou who went out with a head butt was recently honoured by Loris.

We love him because he gave his all to all the teams he played for. On the field he was a warrior. Not like the divers and simulators we have today which accounts for the recurring injuries he suffered.

no one can deny the skills he had but i can tell you of many that retired on a high note: Zidane was one of them (although that headbutt was just a parting gift to all his fans).
what i was talking about is about players who want to hang on this playing thingy while they are playing well below par. see Henry going to some BS team or the greats who went to Japan when the J league was getting their act together.
even Beckham in the US is/was a waste of time. although his time in Italy was a bit better.
Re: Brazilian Great Ronaldo (d Real Ronaldo)retires by maxit2(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2011
ALL OF UNA, how una take know wetin i don dey talk since? RONALDO IS THE BEST STRIKER EVER, right now i'm crying cos i miss the Glory days, I am 23years old and u shud know ronaldo was my childhood, I remember playing him in my PS1 alongside Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, Cafu ooooohhhh God it was so colourful, DONT MIND ME OH, I JUST CANT HELP BUT REMEMBER Holland Vs. Brazil WC 98 semi final,

BYE REAL RONALDO, BYE LEGEND!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Aston Villa ( 3 - 2) On 22nd May 2022 / Chelsea Vs Everton (3 - 3) On 16th January 2016 / Arsenal Vs Watford (1 - 2) On 31st January 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.