Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Let's Talk Security - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Let's Talk Security (177 Views)

Indiscriminate Sinking Of Borehole In Nigeria. Let's Talk / Let’s Talk About Ibeju Lekki / Let's Talk About Private Hostels For Short Let In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk Security by JustCryptos: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2020
I'd like to consider myself as a security-conscious person and to an extent, this has kept me safe from attacks or harassment. For example, I try as much as possible to be home with my family before 7pm.

The bottom line is that the country I saw growing up has greatly changed. You dare not move around at night. If police doesn't harass you, armed robbers might. And is they don't, your street rouges might 'obtain' you.

However, general outdoor security is not my concern at this point. Beyond building a house, how are you practically securing it?

The reason for this thread is because I am building and by my calculations, I intend moving in by February. Now, the problem is that the area is still sparsely populates. Whilst other buildings are ongoing, I have just two neighbours. One has been there for 3 years and the other who is not steady for over a year.

I asked about their experiences and true to my fears, there have been incidents of armed robbers trying to break in and threatening to shoot them.
I also interacted with the workers on my site and there have been incidents of these hoodlums openly stealing phones and breaking in in their numbers (over 30) at night.

If I was alone, I wouldn't have been bothered but I have a young family to look out for.

So, my question is what practical ways are you using to protect your property from intruders and then those who manage to get in?

I have considered getting dogs, installing an alarm system, introducing booby traps, and getting a weapon.
Re: Let's Talk Security by JustCryptos: 8:00am On Aug 13, 2020
And I must add, let's not forget the kobo kobo builders like myself.
Re: Let's Talk Security by Stevyne: 9:47am On Aug 13, 2020
JustCryptos:
I'd like to consider myself as a security-conscious person and to an extent, this has kept me safe from attacks or harassment. For example, I try as much as possible to be home with my family before 7pm.

The bottom line is that the country I saw growing up has greatly changed. You dare not move around at night. If police doesn't harass you, armed robbers might. And is they don't, your street rouges might 'obtain' you.

However, general outdoor security is not my concern at this point. Beyond building a house, how are you practically securing it?

The reason for this thread is because I am building and by my calculations, I intend moving in by February. Now, the problem is that the area is still sparsely populates. Whilst other buildings are ongoing, I have just two neighbours. One has been there for 3 years and the other who is not steady for over a year.

I asked about their experiences and true to my fears, there have been incidents of armed robbers trying to break in and threatening to shoot them.
I also interacted with the workers on my site and there have been incidents of these hoodlums openly stealing phones and breaking in in their numbers (over 30) at night.

If I was alone, I wouldn't have been bothered but I have a young family to look out for.

So, my question is what practical ways are you using to protect your property from intruders and then those who manage to get in?

I have considered getting dogs, installing an alarm system, introducing booby traps, and getting a weapon.
We got you covered in your CCTV cameras Installation.
Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Landed Property In Oyo State / A Mini Flat For Lease At Ogudu Phase Two, By Third Mainland Bridge. / House For Sale In Chevron Lekki Lagos 4bedrooms Semi-detached Duplex House +BQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.