Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? (846 Views)

How To Setup Bulksms Website To Send SMS To DND Numbers | Nigeria Dnd Solutions / Get You Bulksms Website Design For You. Pay After Service / Easiest Way On How To Get Bulksms Reseller Website Programin Knowledge Nt Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by fineboynl(m): 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
Have you tested any bulksms on namecheap host?

The one I have doesn't work on namecheap.

Which have you use on name cheap?
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by 00cyberghost(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
I am planning to use them for a VTU website. I thought that you just have to call a bulk SMS api to send SMS. I don't think it has anything to do with namecheap. I am explorer250 btw
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by codesngr(m): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
fineboynl:

u have to integrate a bulk sms api . it dosent have anything to do with hosting or namecheap . i am at your service for any integration . you can check my monikers for VTU script

1 Like

Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by fineboynl(m): 12:39am On Aug 14, 2020
00cyberghost:
I am planning to use them for a VTU website. I thought that you just have to call a bulk SMS api to send SMS. I don't think it has anything to do with namecheap. I am explorer250 btw
they do. this is what they said from their site.

Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by fineboynl(m): 12:43am On Aug 14, 2020
codesngr:

u have to integrate a bulk sms api . it dosent have anything to do with hosting or namecheap . i am at your service for any integration . you can check my monikers for VTU script
the same script work for other host except that of namecheap. it doesn't send any response. when I check their website they talk about port 8080
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by 00cyberghost(m): 1:03am On Aug 14, 2020
fineboynl:
they do. this is what they said from their site.
I believe this is just like the mail function in php for sending emails that has a lot of port issues associated with it. I used php mailer to solve the problem. I believe that their might be a free open source library for SMS in php or whatever language you are using that supports sending of SMS. Google and look for it or you can use third party SMS APIs. lol so you want to send SMS for free
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by fineboynl(m): 7:23am On Aug 14, 2020
00cyberghost:
I believe this is just like the mail function in php for sending emails that has a lot of port issues associated with it. I used php mailer to solve the problem. I believe that their might be a free open source library for SMS in php or whatever language you are using that supports sending of SMS. Google and look for it or you can use third party SMS APIs. lol so you want to send SMS for free
no it's the SMS in my application. like sending code and all that. what is the solution now? it's not for free I have account with them
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by betahost247(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
fineboynl:

Hello,

Our hosting platform support bulk SMS portal.

Check our plan of choice at: https://betahost247.com/sharedhosting

Thank you
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by fineboynl(m): 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
zerratech:
Allow outgoing connections. Goodluck.

how ? and why are you calling on those Monica.
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by 00cyberghost(m): 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
fineboynl:
no it's the SMS in my application. like sending code and all that. what is the solution now? it's not for free I have account with them
I have checked on Google and I can't find where name cheap supports what you want. I believe the credentials you were given is for integrating a third party SMS service api with your name cheap account via http call. just like the way your host provides SMTP,pop3 etc credentials for mailing service. another thing you should understand is that the kind of computer server used for hosting websites (http) is different from the one for hosting SMS (short message service). except if name cheap has integrated the two technologies together for their shared hosting , though this is usually found in reseller hosting. I will still advice you to look for an SMS provider and call their api for your SMS needs. besides it is dead cheap
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by fineboynl(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
00cyberghost:

I have checked on Google and I can't find where name cheap supports what you want. I believe the credentials you were given is for integrating a third party SMS service api with your name cheap account via http call. just like the way your host provides SMTP,pop3 etc credentials for mailing service. another thing you should understand is that the kind of computer server used for hosting websites (http) is different from the one for hosting SMS (short message service). except if name cheap has integrated the two technologies together for their shared hosting , though this is usually found in reseller hosting. I will still advice you to look for an SMS provider and call their api for your SMS needs. besides it is dead cheap

their sms API is using port 8080. which is blockby default of cpanel except it's unblock. that won't be available on a shared hosting.

below is the kind of message they encourage anyone facing the problem to do. I have never see this type of thing before.

it's that the api ebulksms.com:8080/ that how the link is.

and that's the cause and reason. see below what they put up on their site. if a port is block on cpanel it doesn't go out to http connecting to it.

this is serious and the same time laughable

Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by 00cyberghost(m): 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
fineboynl:

their sms API is using port 8080. which is blockby default of cpanel except it's unblock. that won't be available on a shared hosting.

below is the kind of message they encourage anyone facing the he problem to do. I have never see this type of thing before.

it's that the api ebulksms.com:8080/ that how the link is.

and that's the cause and reason. see below what they put up on their site. if a port is block on cpanel it doesn't go out to http connecting to it.

this is serious and the same time laughable

I think I now understand you. you are already making use of a third party SMS service in the name of ebulksms. your problem is that your http calls from your website/application hosted on namecheap is not working with the SMS service because of port 8080 is blocked. am I right?
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by fineboynl(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
00cyberghost:

I think I now understand you. you are already making use of a third party SMS service in the name of ebulksms. your problem is that your http calls from your website/application hosted on namecheap is not working with the SMS service because of port 8080 is blocked. am I right?
yes
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by 00cyberghost(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
fineboynl:
yes
then I think your best bet is to send the message the SMS provider recommended to namecheap customer care. port 8080 has always been a notorious port and is blocked by many web server providers. since this is a popular problem I think it would have been wise for your SMS provider to switch to another port( you can't expect much from a Nigeria SMS reselling websites, lol) because I don't think that namecheap will unblock a port for you(the blocked it for a reason) to the detriment of others especially when you are on a shared hosting (this is an assumption).

I also think you should consider changing your SMS provider if no solution is forth coming from namecheap
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by fineboynl(m): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
00cyberghost:
then I think your best bet is to send the message the SMS provider recommended to namecheap customer care. port 8080 has always been a notorious port and is blocked by many web server providers. since this is a popular problem I think it would have been wise for your SMS provider to switch to another port( you can't expect much from a Nigeria SMS reselling websites, lol) because I don't think that namecheap will unblock a port for you(the blocked it for a reason) to the detriment of others especially when you are on a shared hosting (this is an assumption).

I also think you should consider changing your SMS provider if no solution is forth coming from namecheap
I have already writing the code with ebulksms API scatterer in different part of the script. that be is a big work and also the only option for now. if nothing else works.
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by 00cyberghost(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
fineboynl:
I have already writing the code with ebulksms API scatterer in different part of the script. that be is a big work and also the only option for now. if nothing else works.
if you are coding with Dreamweaver (I used this) or sublime you can press Ctrl + F to launch find and replace function. you can input the ebulksms code on the find field and input a new set of code on the replace field. this will replace all the ebulksms code with the new code on your script.

this is also why it is good to put all the repetitive codes inside a function or class so that you can update them everywhere with a single change
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by fineboynl(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
00cyberghost:

if you are coding with Dreamweaver (I used this) or sublime you can press Ctrl + F to launch find and replace function. you can input the ebulksms code on the find field and input a new set of code on the replace field. this will replace all the ebulksms code with the new code on your script.

this is also why it is good to put all the repetitive codes inside a function or class so that you can update them everywhere with a single change

I use notepad++ and it's cannot make replace changes more than one line.

I will check on the dreamwaear
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by betahost247(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
fineboynl:

Hello,

Why not get small vps server to host this script. I think it will better instead of hosting on shared server which restrict port 8080 due to security reasons.

Hope this recommendation helps.

Thank you
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 15, 2020
fineboynl:

how ? and why are you calling on those Monica.

zerratech:

I mentioned those monikers because I am Cakephp Blackmailphp. I live in a world of delusions. I built a portfolio for 6 years and my only achievement is being a nairaland troll. I compensation for my sadness and wretchedness by making nairaland my life. I am very bitter because cro.wnedrookie, a peron i called a truck pushing ashawo man could prove his mental superiority by entering into the field I failed in, learn in 7 months and get a good job, while all I do is beg for jobs by pasting my details on every programmer needed thread. I have resorted to denying obvious proofs that this individual has overtaken me while I stay here fooling myself and asking for portfolios and claiming industry standards. I am a loser I am a fraudster and a scammer. I was exposed with my Cakephp and zeratech moniker trying to bully riele into paying me money to hide her identity. This is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5681892/scam-alert-he-scam-fraud#86571995 I lost my last shred of sanity when my real identity was exposed on nairaland, rendering my powers as an online troll useless. Now everyone knows that I am just one more failure making empty claims and looking for who to drag down. There are a bunch of people on nairaland thread. Gr.andlord, bu.nnae, aududu.nine11, g.entroyal, tun.dexi, cro.wnedrookie and a few others, they make me very depressed. All my efforts to troll them has proved abortive. They have proved to be too mentally tough to penetrate. I find it impossible that so many people can see through me and see me for what i truly am. So I have resorted to a harebrained scheme to insist they are all one individual. Its the only way I can hold on to my fragile last shred of sanity I am obsessed with homosexuality. I think I am gay and I hate myself for it so i accuse them of being one guy and a homosexual. My madness is apparent to everyone else but myself I am wretched. I am depressed. I am mentally ill. I need help I am Charles Ichulo aka Charles gaylord cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by codesngr(m): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
fineboynl:
the same script work for other host except that of namecheap. it doesn't send any response. when I check their website they talk about port 8080

Hosting is not responsible for Sms integration. Contact me let me do it for you at affordable price
Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by faithful21911: 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
crownedrookie:

Look at the homo o grin grin grin

Haha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Bulksms Works With Namecheap Host? by faithful2911(m): 9:27am On Sep 06, 2020
Hahaha

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Dreamweaver / WYSIWYG Forms (how Are They Created) / Dreamweaver Cs3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.