Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One (3725 Views)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / See The Book Recommended By My Neighbours School For Her 7yr Son / ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One by Bella239: 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
Hey Everyone grin
So I'm a Nigerian but have schooled abroad virtually all my life but I'm now coming home to continue my studies. Thing is, I'm at a loss over which universities to apply to and I really need help. Of course I know about unis like UI and ABU and others but my folks are hell bent on sending me to a private university to avoid things like strikes and whatnot, 

Anywayy, to cut a long story short, I've done my research and asked around and a uni I was considering- Madonna- well, lets just say the feedback on that wasn't exactly encouraging. The one I'm thinking of going to now is Benson Idahosa University in Benin City. I'd just like to know your thoughts on it. Is it good? I know every uni has its bad side but is it at least decent?? I'd really like to hear from you all, esp. current students and BIU alumni.

Also, what other private universities would you recommend
Looking forward to hearing from y'all.x
BTW, I'm applying for an undergraduate degree, if that helps undecided
Thanks! smiley
Re: Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One by Bella239: 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2011
Bump,
Re: Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One by Bella239: 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2011
*Sigh* Nobody wanna help??
Re: Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2011
Benson idahosa univ is good, bt If u wanna stay in nigeria after ur graduation, I would advice u go 4 a public univ, and I'm recommending nnamdi azikiwe univ, Its a federal sch with fast and uninterrupted acedemic calendar, and they dont go on strike, Bt, if ur parents insist on private uni, U got covenant univ, babcock univ,Igbenidion univ and benson idahosa univ as my preference. U cn add me on Ndu_kingsley@yahoo.com.
Re: Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One by Bella239: 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
@Kingsley,
Thanks for the input, really appreciate it. Will check out the other uni 2,
Yh, I would've loved to go to a public uni but I kinda don't have a choice so, cry
So does Benson Idahosa have any rules I have to abide by??
Re: Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One by DrEkehnde(m): 12:10am On Feb 16, 2011
All you need to do is to call me, i m a senior lecturer, i help students in admission, just call me(MY NUMBER IS AT THE LEFT HAND SIDE,UNDER MY NAME OR BELOW THIS MESSAGE) now for admission help b4 its too late
Re: Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:24am On Feb 16, 2011
Mr Ekehnde, Go and look for something better to do, @Bella, Thou am nt a student there, bt I know they have rules guilding the student, and I believe u can go by it, U need to sit for utme before u would be considered for admission into any tertiary institution here.
Re: Please, Your Thoughts On Benson Idahosa University And Any Other Recommended One by MissyB3(f): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2011
All Benson Idahosa's educational centers [secondary school, university] appear on the list of best schools in Benin City. BIU is one of the best universities in Benin City. About being decent, it is actually decent- whatever you mean by ''decent''. grin My schooling in Naija - kindergarten, primary, high school - was done at Benson Idahosa's Educational centre [Word of Faith] and I had plans of continuing at BIU but eventually didn't.

BIU is a christian school with improved standard of staffing and teaching, necessary amenities are available and it utilizes godly principles in its administration. It's prominent for its advancement in Information Technology.

Bella239:

So does Benson Idahosa have any rules I have to abide by??
Back then, there used to be tales by Ex WOF students schooling at BIU of how stringent the rules are [It was said that trousers were prohibited for females, and 'low-waist'' for guys. I don't know how true this is though], your freedom is 'limited'; that is, you cannot 'misbehave' and get away with it. It's a christian school so I don't expect anything
different.
What more can I say, If you want the best, consider BIU. Convenant Uni isn't bad either.

Us Firm Plans Robotics Teaching In Nigerian Schools / 2015 Shell University Scholarship Award Scheme For Undergraduate Is Out / Is This The Best School Of Nursing And Midwifery In Nigeria?