Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed (3648 Views)

Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her / I Just Got Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Orlandihno(m): 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
Is it Covid19/ Nddc that sent this or scammers looking for prey to fall victim? I don't bother responding cos I know things ain't right. Well, Still waiting for a call from Nddc to claim my cash. Funny though!

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by gangstarmonk(m): 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
No matter what you do, Please don't dial that Number!!! cry

11 Likes

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by dangermouse(m): 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Recieved the text message in the form of a 100k fake alert this morning. Already knew it was scammers. Put a call thru and the scammer told me that my number was amongst the 100 selected for payment of covid19 palliative by NDCC that i should forward my account number as he is on his way to the bank to make the payments. Lol. But i just recieved a 100k alert from u, I asked him. He quickly ended up the phone convo. Pls folks dont fall for the latest scam in town.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
The message header should read "NCDC" if they wanted to notify you of something and it should read the name of your bank if it's truly a credit alert

This one is s class 1 scam whoever owns that number is probably awaiting your call with confam jazz in one hand cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Vyzz: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Send the message back to him too

9 Likes

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by KrazyDave16(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
Since na naija u dey, u suppose know say nah scam undecided

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by offset67(m): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
Na express you dey go ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by airex(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
gangstarmonk:
No matter what you do, Please don't dial that Number!!! cry
Nope.. Let him dial the number and add it to the number of curses people have given him

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by edoairways: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
Darkhyve:
The message header should read "NCDC" if they wanted to notify you of something and it should read the name of your bank if it's truly a credit alert

This one is s class 1 scam whoever owns that number is probably awaiting your call with confam jazz in one hand cheesy
I don't know why many Nigerians still fall for this
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by freshkpomo(m): 12:16am On Aug 15, 2020
Verdict: I wonder why some mumu go dey scam fellow Nigerian when dey suffer like them.. We go soon start dey give una short sleeve if una nor leave Naira pursue dollars and pounds.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

Nigerians are suffering and smiling
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:03am On Aug 15, 2020
Orlandihno:
scam!
Don't you know your bank balance sef
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by VickyRotex(f): 1:54am On Aug 15, 2020
+234 sent you this kind of message and ya still asking undecided

5 Likes

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by davillian(m): 2:22am On Aug 15, 2020
And some people are still dropping their numbers with slightest opportunity on public forums
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Bighead9: 4:54am On Aug 15, 2020
dangermouse:
Recieved the text message in the form of a 100k fake alert this morning. Already knew it was scammers. Put a call thru and the scammer told me that my number was amongst the 100 selected for payment of covid19 palliative by NDCC that i should forward my account number as he is on his way to the bank to make the payments. Lol. But i just recieved a 100k alert from u, I ask him. He quickly ended the phone convo. Pls folks dont fall for the latest scam in town.

Why call the number when you initially knew it was a scam? I think you almost fall for the scam. There is no way I'll ever call such number, when I knew the message is from scammers.

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by chii8(f): 6:05am On Aug 15, 2020
Scam!
Scammer!!
Scammer!!!
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by projectreserve2: 6:29am On Aug 15, 2020
Hmm...wetin Musa nogo see for gate grin
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by dangermouse(m): 6:29am On Aug 15, 2020
Bighead9:

Why call the number when you initially knew it was a scam? I think you almost fall for the scam. There is no way I'll ever call such number, when I knew the message is from scammers.
LOL. Ever heard of reverse psychology?
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Bighead9: 7:39am On Aug 15, 2020
dangermouse:
LOL. Ever heard of reverse psychology?

Forget it, your actions was wrong. I'm beginning to think that you fell for the scam That's why you called to inquire about the said funds. grin grin

When you see such message, you ignore it. The scammer might hypnotise you when you call and you will end up giving him all the information he needed to wipe out account.

2 Likes

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by gangstarmonk(m): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2020
airex:
Nope.. Let him dial the number and add it to the number of curses people have given him
Lol grin grin grin this is funny.
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Homeboiy: 8:34am On Aug 15, 2020
The idiots sent me same thing

I didn't bother to call them cos they sent me a message on the phone number that is not linked to my bank account.

Truecaller shows the number as papa ariko

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by lereinter(m): 10:26am On Aug 15, 2020
All this cheap scams DSS , npf, etc won't ever be proactive to Nick it

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Danielfx(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
There is an app where they could turn their number to ncdc alert but still they won't finish work before they practice

Nawa o
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by moscobabs(m): 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
Scam,.

I got the same and I smelled scam immediately hence I replied him with Thunder grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Cheap scam! Wetin go dey ur account gan wey them wan empty, in Nigeria now even the rich are suffering.
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
moscobabs:
Scam,.

I got the same and I smelled scam immediately hence I replied him with Thunder grin grin
bro do u use Xiaomi phone pls, if it Xiaomi is it good product.
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by moscobabs(m): 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
Volkswagen90:
bro do u use Xiaomi phone pls, if it Xiaomi is it good product.

Tecno Spark 4 sir
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by nengibo: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
Orlandihno:
Is it Covid19/ Nddc that sent this or scammers looking for prey to fall victim? I don't bother responding cos I know things ain't right. Well, Still waiting for a call from Nddc to claim my cash. Funny though!
VERY REAL, I ALSO BANK WITH 07034995149
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Orlandihno(m): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Bighead9:

Forget it, your actions was wrong. I'm beginning to think that you fell for the scam That's why you called to inquire about the said funds. grin grin

When you see such message, you ignore it. The scammer might hypnotise you when you call and you will end up giving him all the information he needed to wipe out account.
Bruh it's jumpam pass.
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Orlandihno(m): 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
Homeboiy:
The idiots sent me same thing

I didn't bother to call them cos they sent me a message on the phone number that is not linked to my bank account.

Truecaller shows the number as papa ariko
Damn! Crazy world
Re: Is This For Real Or I'm I On The Verge Of Being Scammed by Orlandihno(m): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
I've finally identified the stupid number on truecaller app the as a SCAMMER!! Thanks Guys for ur assistance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Age 55,000mah power bank.. Get in here. / Rejoice! That Affordable Data Plan Is Almost At Your Doorstep! / About Using Mtn Night Plan During The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.