Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC (566 Views)

Oyo Tescom Cbt Result Is Out[check] / 2020 Oyo TESCOM Application Form And CBT Updated Past Questions & Answers PDF / Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
A Nigerian Islamic human rights association, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has accused the
officials of the Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) of Christianising the CBT
examination organised to screen applicants for teaching appointments in the state. MURIC alleged that
Muslim candidates were made to answer questions on biblical stories.
The allegation was contained in a press statement made available to pressmen on Friday, 14 th August,
2020 by the Director of MURIC, Professor Ishaq Akintola.
The statement reads: “Muslims who took part in the CBT examination organised by the Oyo State
TESCOM were shocked when questions on Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK or BK) surfaced among the
questions. They had earlier received information that candidates would be tested in Mathematics, English
Language, Current Affairs, Knowledge of Teaching Education and the candidate’s special area. But to their
dismay, they found questions on CRK like explaining how Moses was a shepherd to his father-in-law and
how Elijah was thrown into the fire.
“These CRK questions have the potential of putting Muslim candidates at great disadvantage while Christian
candidates are most likely to score high marks. This will eventually lead to the disqualification of
Muslim candidates and the employment of Christian teachers. The bias becomes more pronounced when it is
realised that no Islamic knowledge question was asked to create a balance.
https://www.insideoyo.com/muslim-applicants-were-made-to-answer-questions-on-biblical-stories-muric-accuses-oyo-tescom/

Re: Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC by clockwise(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muric wey no Sabi quran dey write letter. To make sense now

1 Like

Re: Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC by backnbeta(f): 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
This MUMURIC guy is beginning to sound like a broken record undecided
Re: Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC by EzzyCarter: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
Oh please!
Re: Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
That's not a test of aptitude at all.

I once had a wicked IRK teacher. Then in the 80s, my school made it compulsory for everyone to take both CRK and IRK. I used to score far higher than most muslim classmates then

The day for the CA came, he started to call us out according to alphabetical order in the register, and everyone must recite Al-salat (that's the Muslim call to prayer, which he never taught us - but just to give the Muslims an edge). I was number 2 and I managed to give him some jargons. He scored me 2 over 30 in the CA. To his shame, I scored 63 over 70 in the exams that pushed into the first 5 band in his subject.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC by Juliusmomoh: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
Them never see anything yet..,.. Wait till we make C.R.K appear a must on any subject...

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC by Powersurge: 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
How to make lots of money in Nigeria

1. Be a politician
2. Ability to cause trouble or kill at will (politicians go call u)
3. Be scandalous
4. Use religion/God to gather people and use them.
5. Lead tribal/religious agitations

How to be poor in Nigeria:
1. Go to school
2. Try to do the right thing
3. Be godly.
Re: Oyo Tescom: Muslim Applicants Answered Questions On Biblical Stories – MURIC by x123xlolls(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
May be the bible told them to force it over them...

if you think your religion is wise enough there is no need to force it on any one.

Hmm xtians at it again. WHAT A SHAME

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Recruitment for a new Restaurant at Ikeja / Scheduled For An Interview... Please Is This Genuine / Scholarships - Final Year And Corp Members - CLOSED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.