Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,070 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) (953 Views)

Cross River Governmet Demolishes Kidnappers' Homes (Photos) / One Shot As Militants Return To Calabar – Oron Waterway (Disturbing Photo) / Border Closure: Customs Loses Battle To Waterway Smugglers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Metrix147: 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
Enugu State Government on Friday demolished a twin duplex belonging to one Mr John Emejulu for allegedly blocking waterway, ABN TV learnt.

The structures located at Eziokwe Street, Community Estate, off Nike Lake Resort Road, Trans Ekulu was demolished by officials of the Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority (ECTDA).

The Chairman of ECTDA, Mr Josef Onoh, who supervised the demolition, said that the building stood on waterway.

The Notice of Violation served on the victim by the Department of Building Inspection, ECTDA also stated that the building violated building standard.

Meanwhile, the owner of the property, Emejulu differed from the position of the state government.

He said that the twin duplex which he built in 2012 had a duly approved plan and did not stand on waterway.

He described the demolition of the property as a duly planned reprisal by the state government due to his move to recover his landed property illegally sold by some government officials.

Emejulu said that prior to Aug. 12, 2020, he never received any notice of intent to demolish his property on the ground that it was built on waterway.

He wondered why the government singled out the structures for demolition on the pretext that it was built on waterway while other adjoining property in the neighborhood where not touched.

“After the incidence of Aug. 12, 2020 when I had gone to Airport Layout Phase IV and V to enforce a court judgment on my plots of land forcefully taken by the government and private individuals, I received a notice from ECTDA.

“They came to my house that evening and wrote 'remove within 24 hours' on my fence. This morning they came with earthmoving equipment and demolished my house. I lost everything.

“They pasted a notice on my building and claimed that it was the third time they were serving me. Unfortunately for them, the date they wrote with red paint on my wall is Aug. 12, 2020”, he said.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/08/enugu-govt-demolishes-twin-duplex-allegedly-built-on-waterway-photos/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by yanabasee1(m): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hmmmmmm........
Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Artiiclebeast: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
Way to go if indeed the building was obstructing waterways and not a witch-hunt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
Now this is called original gbese.

Haaaaaa a, gbese re o.
But we should learn to do things properly in this country.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Vyzz: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
Compasation is very very necessary
Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Commentor: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
Shebi him too sharp.
Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Catchfirez: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
It's a revenge demolition by enugu government. The owner of the building destroy enugu airport fences claiming it was on his land.
Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Cleanmindalways: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
embarassed
Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by kabillionaire(m): 12:02am On Aug 15, 2020
One man cannot fight govt.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Karemarealty288(m): 4:35am On Aug 15, 2020
Which waterway !!! Enugu get waterway?
Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Anyiamaka: 7:03am On Aug 15, 2020
Restrategise and attack the govt officials who sold your land and who demolished your house. Don't spare anybody...use black magic if you can.
Govt cannot be oppressing the same people they should protect
Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by Shellsploit: 8:46am On Aug 15, 2020
Who else thought it was built ontop of lagoon!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by austine4real(m): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2020
angry sad

We are in the season of demolition
Re: Enugu Govt. Demolishes Twin Duplex Allegedly Built On Waterway (photos) by revilomichaels(m): 9:50am On Aug 15, 2020
It is stupid for you to think that you can fight the government and win. Even if you use to be there.
No one can fight the government and win.

Can we compare the loss of his twin building to a tiny part of land that was taken?

He would have gone to the government house and they for give an compensation and even if they don’t. Free government oh

(1) (Reply)

It has been resolved by the police / Ijebu-ode Boils As Cultists Kill Policeman, One Other / I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.