Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (68142 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by neduboo(m): 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
Hello professionals, please can #2M build me a 3 bedroom bungalow. The land is already available.

My family house is old and always affected by floods. Anytime rain falls, the whole house is flooded. Though floods usually disturb that area. I'm majorly concern about my parents who are getting old putting their legs and sleeping on top of the flood anytime it rains heavily. Because of the flood, I developed asthma while growing up and still battling with it.

Initially, I have an intention of doing some rehabilitation of the old house by removing the roof and filling it above the flood level so that in case the flood comes it will stay outside and won't be able to enter the house (worse case scenario). But my mom discouraged me telling me that it's better to rebuild a new house because the foundation of the old house is already weak.

But I'm very confused because I doubt if my budget can build me a new 3 bedroom flat in front of the old house.

Please kindly advise me. Thanks in anticipation

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by ascendo(m): 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
If you have two million naija, it can get the project to roofing level... depending on the choice of roofing sheets and model of roofing, you might need to put additional money to complete the project. Once a house is roofed, every other things gradually falls in place.

More grace

468 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by neduboo(m): 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
ascendo:
If you have two million naija, it can get the project to roofing level... depending on the choice of roofing sheets and model of roofing, you might need to put additional money to complete the project. Once a house is roofed, every other things gradually falls in place.

More grace

Thank you sir for your input

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Poorboy: 12:29am On Aug 16, 2020
The person there gave you an in-depth analysis so nothing more to add. 2 million you supervise alone will take you with roofing.

Materials you are buying alone from the market, that's what I mean by supervising alone.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by neduboo(m): 12:38am On Aug 16, 2020
Poorboy:
The person there gave you an in-depth analysis so nothing more to add. 2 million you supervise alone will take you with roofing.

Materials you are buying alone from the market, that's what I mean by supervising alone.

Thanks sir

9 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Sirmwill: 12:38am On Aug 16, 2020
Yeah
It can only with proper use

10 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by thesicilian: 12:43am On Aug 16, 2020
It cannot, but start with this first. Otherwise you may never start if you wait to complete the money.

Plus if the current house is being flooded now, you may want to spend extra money to re-inforce the foundation and raise the floor level of the new house.

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nezero(m): 1:13am On Aug 16, 2020

459 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by unclemaths(m): 1:38am On Aug 16, 2020
I hope it is not in the same location of flood.

BTW: talk to bricklayers in your neighborhood.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Chekitaut: 3:56am On Aug 16, 2020
You have every reason to leave the place to another area, fighting flood will not help, you can sell the property and relocate. N2m will not complete a 2bedroom bungalow.

Location is not stated, if i can advise.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Poorboy: 7:38am On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:
I built mine with about that amount.
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

No well or running water yet

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

If you really mean it, you can do it.
It could be better but I trusted the wrong person..

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

https://www.nairaland.com/4491449/how-calculate-number-blocks-cements

God help you
you use less than 1500 blocks to build a 3 bedroom?

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by neduboo(m): 7:39am On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:
I built mine with about that amount.
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

No well or running water yet

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

If you really mean it, you can do it.
It could be better but I trusted the wrong person..

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

https://www.nairaland.com/4491449/how-calculate-number-blocks-cements

God help you
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by neduboo(m): 7:44am On Aug 16, 2020
Chekitaut:
You have every reason to leave the place to another area, fighting flood will not help, you can sell the property and relocate. N2m will not complete a 2bedroom bungalow.

Location is not stated, if i can advise.

If I should leave the area, there will be a cost implication for new land. Whenever it rains heavily, there will be flood that stays for 1 or 2 days before leaving. I just want a bungalow that flood can't enter inside the house unlike the old house that once the flood comes it enters inside the house.

Can you imagine sleeping inside the flood for up to 2 days? It affects one's cognitive ability.

The location is Lagos

34 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by neduboo(m): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2020
unclemaths:
I hope it is not in the same location of flood.

BTW: talk to bricklayers in your neighborhood.

It's the same location. But I plan supervising the project myself instead of hiring a contractor because of my low budget

11 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Chekitaut: 10:27am On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:

If I should leave the area, there will be a cost implication for new land. Whenever it rains heavily, there will be flood that stays for 1 or 2 days before leaving. I just want a bungalow that flood can't enter inside the house unlike the old house that once the flood comes it enters inside the house.

Can you imagine sleeping inside the flood for up to 2 days? It affects one's cognitive ability.

The location is Lagos
PM me lets discuss
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nezero(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2020

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Poorboy: 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:

It wasn't standard. Rooms are smaller, saved a lot of space. Total blocks in a course/coach...is 89 in the foundation.

It was an experiment. Was glad it turned out great
yea why I asked is because a 2 bedroom flat will take like 1600 blocks as estimate.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Dshocker(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
It can,but not in a standard way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by NairalandNurse(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
WinLabs:

Why are you praying for him or her?

Nigerians sha...
Religious yet worse in every good moralities...
Do you know if he's an armed robber? Ritualist? Muderer? Etc
It should. May God help u
WinLabs:

Why are you praying for him or her?

Nigerians sha...
Religious yet worse in every good moralities...
Do you know if he's an armed robber? Ritualist? Muderer? Etc
My God does nt care if u are a devil.
stay there and say we are too religiour. u wanted me to curse him or what?
Only God can help him. it is a fact!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Depends on your taste

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by pretydiva(f): 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
It cannot

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Didi2d(m): 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Do you have a land already? Even if you do I really don't think 2million will finish the job

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Hades2016(m): 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Unless if you’re doing all the jobs yourself grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by chloride6: 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Yes, but you will be shitting in the Bush.

grin grin grin grin grin

Real answer is No, but it can go far enough for you to move in and complete it gradually.

So go for it.

Modified

Is your mother an engineer?

I'm guessing not.

So why you get professionals to advise you if the foundation is really weak.

8 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by martineverest(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
it can't.. even cost of block and cement alone will gulp more than that
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by ZACHIE: 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Depends largely on location. It might look like a hard sell in Lagos, but in other places, it is doable..
Believe me, 2m is still a lot of money in some places.

For your building materials, 90% of all your inputs are available locally. For every local product z there are cheaper versions. Just take time to research and avoid bigmanism

2 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Iamgrey5(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
No it can not

You will have to budget 5 million Naira at least.

Everything from cost of cement to blocks is now expensive due to Coro.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by jamalnation(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
NO
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by chukwuibuipob: 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
sad Sorry for the flood wahala.It depend on Ur location in lagos.2 million can't build 3 bedroom mini flat in Ajah/lekki axis..To get a good job well fone/kip the flood,water from Ur house,try and budget like 3 million and experience peace of mind
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Slawormir: 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Hell no

Don't let anybody deceive you...
Even if it is a low budget asss Moda fuckkking house still that money is not going to be enough
By the time you start buying bag of cements, steel rod, three quarter granite, budding, wood work of about your choice of feet
Aluminium be it long span or step tiles or even metcopo

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rich People In Nigeria In Year 2000 vrs 2024 / RCCG Trinity Tower, Lagos In Pictures / Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.