Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,327 members, 7,864,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:48 PM

Christians And Unending Controversies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Unending Controversies (558 Views)

Christians And Muslims Are A Curse To Nigeria / Slavery in the Bible: answers for Christians and the atheist dilemma / GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 7:00am On Aug 16, 2020
When you look around today you see lot of Christian rapists, armed robbers, thieves, murderers, drunkard, cultists, fornicators, adultrers, and other unimaginable crimes even pastors or bishops. why?

If you are asked, Are you a CHRISTian? most people will say "Yes" and if I ask how do we become a CHRISTian, some will say, I was born into Christian family, I bear Christian(Jewish) name or I go to church, but does those truly make some a Christian? No, these things do not make anyone a CHRISTian. What makes you a CHRISTian?

Disciples were first call CHRISTian at Antioch not because they bear Peter, Barnabas, Timothy, Philip etc, born into CHRISTian family (they were CALLED OUT of their family and relations) or going to church, but they were called CHRISTian because people see the life of CHRIST in them, they forsake their family to follow CHRIST
Acts 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

11:20 And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the LORD Jesus.

11:21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

11:24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him(Saul that because Paul), he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.[/color][color=#990000]

Before you can call yourself a CHRISTian you must have gone through these processes
1. Salvation (Repentance, Confession, Acknowledgement of your sins) you are a sinner from birth Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Psalms 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

2. Sanctification (HOLINESS, GODLINESS,PURITY, RIGHTEOUSNESS), The Bible says he that commit sin is of the devil, you can remain in sin and tell the grace of God to abound, God forbid, YOU CANNOT BE A AND STILL BE LIVING IN SIN, YOU CANNOT SERVE GOD AND MORMON TOGETHER.

You must like the way CHRIST lives, preach what HE preached, behave like HE behaved, CHRISTian means CHRISTlike and little CHRIST, if your life doesn't shows the exemplary Life of CHRIST you are deceiving yourself, You are not of the world because the Word (JESUS CHRIST lives in you)

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

then go into world and preach CHRIST to them.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

3. Holy Ghost baptism Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

#Summary : THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BECOME A CHRISTIAN IS LIVING YOUR LIFE LIKE CHRIST ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE

1 Like

Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 16, 2020
You can't live like Jesus, pray that God gives you the wisdom to decipher right from wrong and the strenght to do the right things till your dying days.

Dear God, If i am wrong, right me. If i am lost, guide me. If i start to give up, keep me going, lead me in light and love. Amen.
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by delkuf(m): 7:03am On Aug 16, 2020
True

1 Like

Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by hakeem4(m): 7:10am On Aug 16, 2020
You’re a Christian if you believe the existence of the Christian god.
You’re a Muslim if you believe in the existence of the Muslim god.

Any other definition is superfluous

So what category do we call those armed robbers, perjurers and rapist who claimed to be Christians but don’t behave like Jesus?

You’re just trying to say that bad people are not Christians. Which is actually the other way around religion makes people do bad and evil things
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by psucc(m): 7:42am On Aug 16, 2020
Many shall call me Lord, and I shall tell them depart from me ye workers of iniquity, for I know you not.

The above are words of Christ. People tend to divide the populace based on religious line but when it comes to Christianity, there is something special, you may profess to be but if your acts are not in tandem with its teachings, you're merely an usurper.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by CAPSLOCKED: 7:55am On Aug 16, 2020
EXCLUDING THE MUSLIM POPULATION IN NIGERIA..

99% LOVE PEDDLERS ARE CHRISTIANS
99% RITUALISTS ARE CHRISTIANS
99% KIDNAPPERS ARE CHRISTIANS
99% CULTISTS ARE CHRISTIANS
99% POLITICIANS ARE CHRISTIANS
99% UNFAITHFUL PARTNERS AND SPOUSES ARE CHRISTIANS

WHAT ELSE DO WE HAVE? EVERY CORRUPT, VILE, AND MORALLY INCAPABLE PERSON IN NIGERIA IDENTIFY AS A CHRISTIAN, AND ATTEND CHURCH ON SUNDAYS, AND EVEN PRAY TO JESUS.
BUT NO. LET US AGREE THEY'RE "FAKE" CHRISTIANS AND MAKE UP SILLY REASONS HOW REAL CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE DIFFERENT, WHEN IN REALTY, THEY'RE ALL ONE AND THE SAME.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by DrLiveLogic(m): 8:24am On Aug 16, 2020
hakeem4:

So what category do we call those armed robbers, perjurers and rapist who claimed to be Christians but don’t behave like Jesus?

You’re just trying to say that bad people are not Christians. Which is actually the other way around religion makes people do bad and evil things
And you set this standard as Jesus Christ or God of the Christians? undecided
Who are you to tell us about what Christianity is? Who's a woman to tell what it's like to be a man? smh.

psucc:
Many shall call me Lord, and I shall tell them depart from me ye workers of iniquity, for I know you not.

The above are words of Christ. People tend to divide the populace based on religious line but when it comes to Christianity, there is something special, you may profess to be but if your acts are not in tandem with its teachings, you're merely an usurper.
Good one. It's funny how the theme of fruit and actions, rather than mere profession as God's standard is all over the bible, yet people act like it's not. God Himself will reject many clergy and church devotees.
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 9:10am On Aug 16, 2020
TheRealProphet:
You can't live like Jesus, pray that God gives you the wisdom to decipher right from wrong and the strenght to do the right things till your dying days.

Dear God, If i am wrong, right me. If i am lost, guide me. If i start to give up, keep me going, lead me in light and love. Amen.
Remember when GOD ask Abraham to walk before him and be perfect, Jesus Christ teaches complete perfect nothing hiding, you can live a perfect life like CHRIST, that was why Paul said I was crucified with Christ yet I like, the life I live now is the life in Christ Jesus, your life can be perfect like if you accept Jesus Christ and surrender all to him
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2020
hakeem4:

CHRISTian are only people that behave like CHRIST, do you read anywhere where CHRIST steals, fornicate etc, CHRISTian means CHRISTlike and little CHRIST, if your life doesn't radiate CHRIST, you are not a CHRISTian, CHRISTian means CHRISTlike and little CHRIST, only thing short of that is not acceptable
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 9:16am On Aug 16, 2020
psucc:

God bless you brother.
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Remember when GOD ask Abraham to walk before him and be perfect, Jesus Christ teaches complete perfect nothing hiding, you can live a perfect life like CHRIST, that was why Paul said I was crucified with Christ yet I like, the life I live now is the life in Christ Jesus, your life can be perfect like if you accept Jesus Christ and surrender all to him
Read: Isaiah 64:6

Ecclesiastes 7:2

Psalm 130:3-5

1John 1:8-10

We are not perfect human beings (we can't be) nor do we have to pretend to be, but it is neccessary for us to be the best version of ourselves.
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by Epositive(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2020
BlowYourMind:

#Summary : THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BECOME A CHRISTIAN IS LIVING YOUR LIFE LIKE CHRIST ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE
The Bible is a story book filled with different characters, contradictions, lies and archaic ideologies. How the hell am I supposed to model my life with such a book, in this 21st century? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2020
We are Christians because we are followers of Christ through our hope of His faith, but we are NOT in anyway better than unbelieves. We all have sinned not because of fornication, lies, idolatry, et al, but because sinful nature called SINFULNESS/FLESH (in sin did my mother conceive me by being born of the flesh).

They are mere humans like us too, meaning we are all in sinful nature.

-Sinfulness = flesh (old nature known as Adamic nature).
-Sin = works of flesh.

What distinguish the true Christians from others is the infilling of God's Spirit to subdue sinfulness first, and then receive grace (empowerment) overcome sin so as to easily abide by His law and commandments. You are therefore reborn by His Spirit (born again).

Note: Law and commandments doesn't come first before faith of Jesus Christ, because they were NOT first called Christians because of this. Jesus is the strong reason and indepth foundation of the gospel.

So, an acclaimed Christian without the Spirit of God is no different from others..
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Epositive:

The Bible is a story book filled with different characters, contradictions, lies and archaic ideologies. How the hell am I supposed to model my life with such a book, in this 21st century? angry
Well like a sadist and frustrated fellow, some people might not see anything good no matter how accurate and impeccable something is , it a thing of the mind. well you can engage me on your "different characters, contradictions, lies and archaic ideologies" you see in the Bible, but empty your cup of delusion, bitterness and premeditated judgement
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Read: Isaiah 64:6

Ecclesiastes 7:2

Psalw 130:3-5

1John 1:8-10

We are not perfect human beings (we can't be) nor do we have to pretend to be, but it is neccessary for us to be the best version of ourselves.
What will say? Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. this is JESUS words Himself. All those scriptures you quoted are just people with entanglement and shackles of sin
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2020
Wolgrace:
We are Christians because we are followers of Christ through our hope of His faith, but we are NOT in anyway better than unbelieves. We all have sinned not because of fornication, lies, idolatry, et al, but because sinful nature called SINFULNESS/FLESH (in sin did my mother conceive me by being born of the flesh).

They are mere humans like us too, meaning we are all in sinful nature.

-Sinfulness = flesh (old nature known as Adamic nature).
-Sin = works of flesh.

What distinguish the true Christians from others is the infilling of God's Spirit to subdue sinfulness first, and then receive grace (empowerment) overcome sin so as to easily abide by His law and commandments. You are therefore reborn by His Spirit (born again).

Note: Law and commandments doesn't come first before faith of Jesus Christ, because they were NOT first called Christians because of this. Jesus is the strong reason and indepth foundation of the gospel.

So, an acclaimed Christian without the Spirit of God is no different from others..
What is the CHRISTian in contrast with it origin and biblical use?
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 16, 2020
BlowYourMind:
What is the CHRISTian in contrast with it origin and biblical use?

Why do we call them Buddhist? Because the believe in Buddha. Simple as that.

CHRISTian means Christ's believers. It is through believe (believe births hope) in His faith we receive His Spirit of adoption. It means any person of race or tribe, be it prostitutes, killers, et al, have direct access to Him "if" they believe in Him and Him abode in them. THIS IS GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST.

If you like keep all the commandments, you are still dwelling in SINFUL NATURE KNOWN AS ADAMIC NATURE AND DECLARED AS SINNER. But you can't, because there many areas we fail whether in thoughts, character, etc.. reason He said if you fail in the least, you fail all. THAT'S WHY WE ARE ALL HUMANS AND IMPERFECT BUT YOU ARE PERFECT FOR WHAT HE DID FOR YOU reason He said "learn of me, not your stinky and hell bound faulty works." Although, you strive but you are covered by His blood.
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2020
BlowYourMind:
What will say? Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. this is JESUS words Himself. All those scriptures you quoted are just people with entanglement and shackles of sin
@bolded, and u call urself a "CHRISTIAN" undecided

u ain't worth any further mention bro, go read ur bible or ask ur pastor to put u through.

Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by Epositive(m): 11:26am On Aug 16, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Well like a sadist and frustrated fellow , some people might not see anything good no matter how accurate and impeccable something is , it a thing of the mind. well you can engage me on your "different characters, contradictions, lies and archaic ideologies" you see in the Bible, but empty your cup of delusion, bitterness emeditated judgement
I mildly stated few attributes of your Bible and you already calling me names. What happens if I start listing the shameful attributes of your skydaddy, as painted in that "Tales by the moonlight" you cherish so dearly? Enh? grin

It's glaring that we can't have a logical and healthy debate. You are too emotional. undecided
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by DrLiveLogic(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Epositive:

I quoted you because in your last post you seemed to suggest you would like a logical and healthy exchange. I do hope you mean so though
First, there is no single contradiction or lie in the bible. Second, unlike the religions of the world that give you a book to guide your conduct, the God of the bible gives you a substrate from His very being, faith, and expects you to let that grow in you and produce His life. That's true Christianity. This is also why the Christian believes God is a good and loving God. It is sometimes obscured reading from the OT of the bible but it becomes undeniable as one relates and grows with the substrate of His being, faith.
However, even genuine christians haven't learnt to relate with the substrate and hence produce only contradictions to the divine.
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Epositive:

I mildly stated few attributes of your Bible and you already calling me names. What happens if I start listing the shameful attributes of your skydaddy, as painted in that "Tales by the moonlight" you cherish so dearly? Enh? grin

It's glaring that we can't have a logical and healthy debate. You are too emotional. undecided
Read with understanding, that was illustration of word not directed to you or anyone, it a general accession you don't separate sentences that has not ended with full stop, that is why I said you should empty your cup first, no matter how logical and intelligent a conversation is, if your cup is full, it wouldn't retain more, your premeditation and pre-assumption will preempt your comprehensible understanding. And mind you I am never an example of CHRISTian, CHRIST is, that is why the name is bold
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheRealProphet:
@bolded, and u call urself a "CHRISTIAN" undecided

u ain't worth any further mention bro, go read ur bible or ask ur pastor to put u through.
Sorry where did I say I am a CHRISTian? I wrote something on Christianity doesn't make me CHRISTlike and little CHRIST, this is one of the thing the post is about, we pre-assume, which is completely against the origin and foundation of Christian faith.
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by BlowYourMind: 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Wolgrace:

Why do we call them Buddhist? Because the believe in Buddha. Simple as that.

CHRISTian means Christ's believers. It is through believe (believe births hope) in His faith we receive His Spirit of adoption. It means any person of race or tribe, be it prostitutes, killers, et al, have direct access to Him "if" they believe in Him and Him abode in them. THIS IS GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST.

If you like keep all the commandments, you are still dwelling in SINFUL NATURE KNOWN AS ADAMIC NATURE AND DECLARED AS SINNER. But you can't, because there many areas we fail whether in thoughts, character, etc.. reason He said if you fail in the least, you fail all. THAT'S WHY WE ARE ALL HUMANS AND IMPERFECT BUT YOU ARE PERFECT FOR WHAT HE DID FOR YOU reason He said "learn of me, not your stinky and hell bound faulty works." Although, you strive but you are covered by His blood.
I may not knowledge about buddhaism because I don't care to, if you say CHRIST, do you know many Muslims believed in Christ and worship Him, infact when there a near death experience or turbulence especially when travelling, what you hear people begin to shout is JESUS, not matter the religious affliction, that is because they believe. GOD'S grace is sufficient and available for that ready to turn from their sins, not those that are entangle with.
Re: Christians And Unending Controversies by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
BlowYourMind:
I may not knowledge about buddhaism because I don't care to, if you say CHRIST, do you know many Muslims believed in Christ and worship Him, infact when there a near death experience or turbulence especially when travelling, what you hear people begin to shout is JESUS, not matter the religious affliction, that is because they believe. GOD'S grace is sufficient and available for that ready to turn from their sins, not those that are entangle with.

In conclusion, whoever believes in Him, to them He gave power (empowerment of His Spirit) to become the sons of God, that is why they were first called Christians because they were group of multitudes still believing on & preaching about Jesus Christ whom is no longer in their midst physically.

To them, they thought it's so foolish to continue believing & talking about someone who is dead, hence the mock-name. Remember, Jesus didn't appear to them after resurrection but to the believers for 40days before ascension..

(1) (Reply)

Lebanon Mosque Mistakenly Played Hip Pop Music From Its Loudspeakers / 'sexocism' In Full Glare As Catholic Priest Caught With Two Women On The Altar / The Jews And The Hebrews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.