Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Time And Chance - The Believer’s Guide To Breakthrough. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Time And Chance - The Believer’s Guide To Breakthrough. (160 Views)

Time And Chance What What Dies It Mean : / The Myths And Truths About The Believer & Foundational Problems / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Time And Chance - The Believer’s Guide To Breakthrough. by pinkpearl17(f): 9:04am On Aug 16, 2020
I returned, and saw under the sun. that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭9:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Recently, my friends and I celebrated one of us who just secured a job with an international agency. It came with mouth-watering benefits. And out of nowhere, someone started complaining. When would it be my turn? This person does not even work as hard as I do. God when? I was about to say something but stopped myself midway. No need. It dawned on me that this is how many people feel when faced with the success of others.

They ask, ’when would my turn come? When would I get the chance to show the world my gifts! When would all my hard work pay off? God When When When!!!.

Or worse still, list all the reasons they think makes the person undeserving of such favour. Hold on for a second! Should we be doing this? Tearing the blessings of another down? I know we all want a better life but C’mon, we have to wait for our time.

In due time! Time and chance would happen to us all. The Hebrew word for “time” is the word eth, meaning time or season. The Hebrew words for “chance happen” are pega qarah. Together with eth, they illustrate a picture not of accidental incidents, but “right happenings” that are dependent on the Father’s plan.

It is not luck. I don’t believe in luck. In the kingdom of God, events unfold by God’s orchestration.

It might not happen immediately. As a matter of fact, it could be in 5.10,15 years. There is no telling when. One thing is for sure, it must materialize. And when it does, would you be ready?

Storytime- let’s go all the way back to 1Sam 17. The story of David and Goliath. Most of us can tell this story in our sleep. At least for me, it was one of the most popular stories in SUNDAY school. But as I studied the chapter, something jumped right out. DAVID didn’t wake up to go kill Goliath. No! There was a preparation before the manifestation. A series of events had happened which lead up to that moment. More noteworthy is the fact that God chose David from the beginning. So his life was tailored in such a way that the word of God would see fulfilment.

And it brought this defining verse back to me that God chose us too. “You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Beloved do you see this? God has called us according to His purpose and would always turn situations to work for our good. DAVID achieved success and fulfilled the calling upon his life but not without his part to play. Therefore, even as we wait, let’s consider some of the characteristics that played a major role.

David was vast. He was a harp player, a shepherd boy, wise beyond his years. Therefore whenever there was an opening or a platform, he was called upon.

David was patient. After Samuel anointed him, David went back into the field. He didn’t abandon his duty to try to become king immediately or go look for someone that would talk to people to make him King. He knew his time would come one day. So he bid his time. God had ordained it and would certainly bring it to pass.

The gift of a man makes way for him. would you pause? Come close to God. He is your plug. If He has deposited a blessing in you to be a blessing, your platform would come. Your time would come. You cannot force it. What you can do is pray and make moves in preparation.

Many people wear themselves out running from pillar to post, looking for people to elevate them. Seeking help in all the wrong places whilst Ignoring the leading of God. And In a bid, compromise their faith, get depressed and perpetually unhappy. All for what?

DAVID provided value. Offer value and people would seek you out. Light cannot be hidden. We would always gravitate towards those who can solve our problems. Provide solutions and watch doors open unto you.

DAVID was sensitive. He knew when an opportunity to serve stared at him right in his face and didn’t fail to capitalize on it. He was in the right place at the right time with the right mindset.

Though he was misjudged by his brothers and labelled proud and deceitful. To them, he had no business meddling or being on the battlefield. Nevertheless, David wasn’t deterred but kept asking until his curiosity got the attention of the king. Focus and determination!

If the Holy Spirit prompts you to take action, block your ears to the naysayer. There would be people who would attempt to devalue you, ridicule you, question your intention but keep moving forward. You answer first to God. Only a manufacturer can determine the capacity and potential of His product. If you buy a product from Mercedes, do you go to Toyota to obtain user instruction? Good, your endorsement comes from the Father alone.

Don’t let negativity bully you into silence. You might look stupid and overzealous to them but that is not your headache to suffer.

David was confident. Think about it! What would make little David want to challenge a giant? He has never been to war. It is true he killed a bear but was that enough experience? That is a function of faith and the power of the Spirit at work. When the Spirit of God comes upon you, He equips you with boldness to carry out the task He has entrusted in your hands. Your trust in God would push you to take the risk that would bring about a major transformation in your life. We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” —Chuck Swindoll

David had overwhelming confidence in God. He believed God was with him. If we live according to the promise of Christ, I would never leave you nor forsake you, We have no reason to be afraid.

Keep your axe sharp so when you are called upon to fell the tree, you won’t be found wanting.

Life can be dull and uninspiring some days, I go through the motion myself but above this, we have a responsibility to keep a sharp cutting edge. Our tenacity to remain keen and place an unwavering focus on God ensures we see and eat the food fruit in this land of the living

We must note that lack of preparedness can cost us our chance. if our eyes and sensitivity are taken to slumber, we would be unable to see this opening even if it stares right at us.

We all have something to offer and a place to put it to good use. The wheel of fortune would spin in our direction at the right time. Your today isn’t what your life would look like forever. Better days are coming. For you. For us all.

So for now, enjoy the space between where you are right now and where you want to be. At the right time, God would make it happen.

I leave with this,

“So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭31:24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Stay Blessed

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Thanking God For? / Soldier.... / Top 10 Most Popular And Populous Religions In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.