Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me (56855 Views)

Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. / You Anoint My Head with Oil........Psalm 23:5. (THE TRUE MEANING!) / What Is Your Pastor Ordained To Do? [isaiah 32:2, Psalms 23:1-6] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by AzaHub(f): 11:18am On Nov 19, 2023
wittywriter:
Nairaland is gone.
2020 thread?
The mods gods must be crazy.

Wittyness.
HHMMM?

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by zombieHUNTER: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:

Before we continue, who appointed Judas?
And was Judas not a criminal?

Jesus made him part of his twelve disciples,
But you know how the devil used greed to deceive him..
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by omoadeleye(m): 11:23am On Nov 19, 2023
You prepare a table before me and in the presence of my enemies.

What's table? Table is what you put your things on, is like a live stage, where you relax and do your things, maybe eat your food on the table. Read your books on the table, relax by laying your head on the table, you and your family surrounding the table and discussing, while your enemies will be watching you and do nothing to you. So table can be another idioms of life in which you can relate to other things.

He anointed my head with oil, my cup overflow.

Anointing your head with oil, the oil can be a blessing, can be something good that is poured ok your head to have a breakthrough in life

And your cup overflow is having enough things in life, you have in abundance that it's even wasting.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by damkin24(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2023
A perfect illustration is President Tinubu. With all the obstacles, hatred, slandering, propaganda and blackmailing on his path, his enemies were all disappointed at the end.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by AbuTwins: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2023
zombieHUNTER:

Jesus made him part of his twelve disciples,
But you know how the devil used greed to deceive him..

Who appointed Judas?
Was he not a criminal?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by ChristianMuslim: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2023
E.g president Tinubu.. God prepare a table before him in the presence of Obituary and atikulooters Lolzzzz
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Eriokanmi: 11:33am On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

thanks for your input, but please I need current realities in this 21st century
The apc government ( i.e, the people's enemies with bad policies) said, they'd make life miserable for us and dollars won't be available to us at a good rate yet, Nigerians are waxing stronger
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by mekuso89(m): 11:36am On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

Okay , look at you using Android and iphone , your enemies thought you'll be stuck in Nokia 3310

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Samotology(m): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2023
Simply put, the descendants of grab the power and run are gnashing their yellow teeth before the Obidients who is smiling at them
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Dennisochampa: 11:45am On Nov 19, 2023
This is easy...
For the records, I'm not a Bible scholar...
I just believe in God and depend on the holy spirit for guidance daily...
Na common sense I take know say werin this mean be say....
God will prosper you even in the midst of the bad plans the evil ones have for you.....
U can be in an office where people don't like you but God still finds a way to bless you, prosper you and make you relevant even more than those who seek to destroy you....
This is all made possible because of the grace of God upon your life which is known as anointing in the spiritual realm....

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by victorazyvictor(m): 11:50am On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

President Jonathan & Northern elites
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Adakintroy: 11:50am On Nov 19, 2023
The energy of the rigthtouse is mostly true when God is leading . We live in times were men exalt the wrong ways and talk down on virtues.

When God raise men. He does not raise weakling. That means if you come to Lagos were men are working hard. You will work twice as hard. In other words you will stay in line first with the natural truth un_waving and master it. Note their is no myisiteries first with God. Just naturality. The invisible things were first made know by the visible.

So he perfect your energy on hard work. Truth, self control, perseverance and respect for others. Note they will want to hate. But there is just no angle to come. All side are covered by the natural truth to which they all agree.

So if you are a wheelbarrow pusher, you will role your barrow twice as much as the others. Because he will renew you energy as the eagle. Therefore everyone in the open will be a witness to your natural hard work. You will be honest and transparent, So when people are inflating price unfairly. You will keep yours stable and fairly. Then others will refer men to you. Saying "go to that man shop. He de give better price, he no de cheat person" When you open your mouth, they take your words serious. Why they verify others first.

Peace and contentment will reside in your hearts. So when other are being cunning and Extorting others, You will retain your honor and dignity. Its a gradual process. But if God is leading he will perfect his own work. This things are not brought to pass by our effort less we will boast. Its righteousness impacted base on faith. Abraham believed God and was counted as rightouseness.

Humility and milkiness. No arrogance base on material gain hence less contention with your fellow man. No needless showoff or *pepper them". Rather a willingness to assist the struggling. The other are of the opposing spirit. Pride, greed, lies, the spirit in you oppose those but is firm nonetheless. When it is master, You are the tree planted by a river. Side come what may your fruits will be born in due season.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Lomprico2: 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:
I need an illustration or an example of these passage from bible scholars.

"Psalms 23:5: "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies"

Pepper Dem for me
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by ogaontop(m): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:
The explanation is simple!

Just look at JAGABAN coming to the last election!

We thought he won't win APC primaries but he won!

Despite Emefiele economics we thought he won't win the general elections but he won!

They called on Chukwu Okike Abiama, Eledumare, Ubanjigi and all names they could call!

His enemies even wrote letters to POTUS!

All manner of propagandas were thrown at him!

He didn't attend any school!
25% in Abuja!
Double nomination!
He is from Guinea!
He is a narcotic!
A female attended CSU!
And many more...

But the man has already been annointed with oil!

He was to be arrested before swearing in but that couldn't happen!

At tribunal he had to win as he's annointed!

Even in the presence of all his enemies he still had to win at the supreme court!

Though he walked through the valley of the shadow of death, he did fear no evil!

Romans 13:1
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

But Obidients still no go submit!
No matter your political affiliations, Obidient, Agbadorian or not, please be mindful of how you drag God into the antics of these Nigerian politicians.
A better illustration will suffice!!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by jrusky(m): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

"Psalms 23:5: "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies"

Ask obi and Atiku to interprete it, the verse spoke diretly to them hating human like them for no justify reason and Go showed himself by using that same foolish things that hated to confused their presumed wise mind, today they are both in pain and penury for not trusting God but tempting Jehovah thinking their power alone can do the magic.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by AbuTwins: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
ogaontop:

No matter your political affiliations, Obidient, Agbadorian or not, please be mindful of how you drag God into the antics of these Nigerian politicians.
A better illustration will suffice!!

But I see no better example than that!
Upon everything that was thrown at him!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by ComeToJesus: 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
It simply means that even when you have a wobbling and fumbling president with his terrible, rookie, voodoo economic policy, God will still bless the works of your hands because you are a subscriber to the economy of heaven which is not controlled by the crumbling APC's manifesto(if they truly have one)

Like Isaac, you will still be blessed in the land despite the cataclysmic failures of the hijackers of Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by TruthHurts100: 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

First, if you stop reading Kjv, your problem is half solved.

Preparing a Table means giving someone plenty food.

In the presence of enemies does not mean you're eating the food in their presence but that despite the wickedness done towards you, God is still there for you, providing for you and protecting you while your enemies watch and can't do nothing.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Joshuam1(m): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

Read the story of Joseph and his brothers, then you will understand how the story applies to us.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Femmyfamous4u(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

It shows the Providence of God.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Khan17(m): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
This verse is often interpreted metaphorically, expressing trust and confidence in God's provision and protection. It suggests that even in challenging or hostile circumstances, God provides abundantly and blesses His followers. The imagery of preparing a table in the presence of enemies symbolizes God's care and favor, ensuring that His people have what they need despite any opposition they may face.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Cmeo(m): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

It simply means the lord will pepper your enemy before your own eyes.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Germi9: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
God provides for me in a strong city
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Brenbentondiaz: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
What it means is that when God wants to bless and use you, your enemies can't do anything about it (they don't have the power to stop God's blessings in your life, unlike the lies some of the so called men of God preach).
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
While at it, they should also explain these two contradictory chapters/verses below.

Exodus 21:24-25
24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Mathew 5:38
You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. ' But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

cc: Pastor Righteousness.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Brenbentondiaz: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2023
ArisingStorm:

(In a fun-filled interpretation)
The Most High will give your enemies chance to display their talents and skills, then, The Mighty One of Yisrael will let them know who is in charge.
Look at Joseph and His Brothers
Look at David and Saul
Look at Israel and Egypt
Look at Yahusha(which christians calls Jesus) and his enemies
Look at Daniel in the Lion's Den
Look at Paul and Silas in the prison. Etc.

Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the tents of the wicked shall be no more.
Iyoḇ (Job) 8:22

Anyone who follows the Torah of our Abba and surrenders their all to Him, will be loved by The Most High.

Shalom

AMEN. I'm bookmarking this. You really hit the point. God bless you.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by BennyDGreat: 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
Dennisochampa:
This is easy...
For the records, I'm not a Bible scholar...
I just believe in God and depend on the holy spirit for guidance daily...
Na common sense I take know say werin this mean be say....
God will prosper you even in the midst of the bad plans the evil ones have for you.....
U can be in an office where people don't like you but God still finds a way to bless you, prosper you and make you relevant even more than those who seek to destroy you....
This is all made possible because of the grace of God upon your life which is known as anointing in the spiritual realm....

Great submission
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by DiamondPant(f): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

You are not supposed to pray that your enemies should die.
Pray for them to live long so that they'll see the blessings that your God will give to you.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
ArisingStorm:

(In a fun-filled interpretation)
The Most High will give your enemies chance to display their talents and skills, then, The Mighty One of Yisrael will let them know who is in charge.
Look at Joseph and His Brothers
Look at David and Saul
Look at Israel and Egypt
Look at Yahusha(which christians calls Jesus) and his enemies
Look at Daniel in the Lion's Den
Look at Paul and Silas in the prison. Etc.

Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the tents of the wicked shall be no more.
Iyoḇ (Job) 8:22 No more no less. My story exactly

Anyone who follows the Torah of our Abba and surrenders their all to Him, will be loved by The Most High.

Shalom
No more no less. My story exactly
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by MrColdsweat: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2023
The book of psalm is also a spell book.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by MrColdsweat: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
DiamondPant:

You are not supposed to pray that your enemies should die.
Pray for them to live long so that they'll see the blessings that your God will give to you.
Your enemies are in your imagination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Daniel Obinim Prays For Joysticks Of Members (Video) / Aloysius Ikegwuonwu Bishop Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings / Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.