Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season (19336 Views)

Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 / Kelechi Iheanacho Wins Premier League Player of the Month for March / Mohamed Salah Wins Premier League Player Of The Year Award(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by EbukaHades10(m): 10:50am On Aug 16, 2020
Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne has been named Premier League Player of the Season for the 2019/20 campaign.

The Belgian playmaker beat Liverpool trio Jordan Henderson, Sadio Mane and Trent Alexander-Arnold, Southampton striker Danny Ings, Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope and Leicester's Golden Boot winner Jamie Vardy to the award.

De Bruyne was the only Manchester City player to be nominated for the prize after they relinquished their Premier League title to Liverpool following two seasons as champions but even if City's domestic campaign fell short of their previous lofty standards, De Bruyne enjoyed his most productive season since arriving at the Etihad in 2015.

As well as recording 20 assists - equalling the league record set by Thierry Henry in 2003 - he also scored 13 times to help City finish as the division's highest scorers for the third successive season.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12049266/kevin-de-bruyne-wins-premier-league-player-of-the-season

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by FahBuLous: 10:54am On Aug 16, 2020
Well deserved....
Where are those ones that were shouting Henderson??

modified: What's so special about making this frontpage??
This is the second time I have made FP in just 2 months that I officially joined NL but nothing so special about it...
All of una wer dey dedicate am give ur grand mama for village, wetin una qain??

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by ifytrik(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2020
He deserves it, even the other award that was giving to jordan henderson of liverpool should have been giving to debruyne, he was 100 times better than henderson

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by AlexMahone: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2020
KDB!! They always fare better, when they leave us for other clubs. From Mo Salah ( oh...you've forgotten so soon that Mo, was once our player? ), to Lukaku, to KDB...the list is endless. Question ; With the above information provided, which team do i support?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by SUCKCESSFUL: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2020
The boy's Class

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by swiz123(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2020
This guy is just on another level. He can deliver a devastating pass to an opponent even the VAR can't see. I believe his eyes should be checked; who knows, he just might be using an Eagle's eyes to cheat us.

As for those Liverpool fans who thinks Hendo should win it because he shouts, points and organizes his team....... una well done o. Just help me tell Hendo that Julius Berger is recruiting next month cos his talent is needed at a construction site, not a football pitch

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Vulcanheph(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2020
He definitely deserves it.....the boy is too good.

8 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by SPORTMINISTER: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2020
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
#ASin

These ones dey make money..

...others dey argue with body odour near wretched gutters!!

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by mike272(m): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Congrats, Sadio Mane robbed though.

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by paulolee(m): 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
congrats to a very talented chap that uses both legs very easily...
i always knew he would always win it because he is the best individual player and the most consistent player in EPL this season, even when city do have a bad day kelvin would still be the best for city..
i remember back then In chelsea when he challenged mou that he is too good to sit on the bench and got in trouble with mou and ended up being sold back to Wolfsburg..
city bought him and now he is proving the doubters wrong and having the last laugh...
moral- aim higher, never settle for less and do what would make you happy, dts Y I feel sad seeing talented players sitting on the bench in top clubs..

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Slawormir: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
He deserve am

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by nuhu2018(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
OK
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by seanwilliam(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Like if he deserved it

20 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Crownfit01(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Congratulations to him..
He deserves it

2 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by lessonotes(f): 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
correct player, very very humble according to Guardiola.

Chelsea missed a great player, how Mourinho missed the prospect of this boy weak me.

8 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Trainee223: 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
Well deserved
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by DontBullshitMe: 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
20 assists for EPL no be beans.

3 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Well deserved
Best mieldfider in the world
it's an insult to compare KDB with Liverpool's Henderson
He's not even the best Henderson in the league

15 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by powalez: 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Thank God say that stupid Henderson no win am, but wait o,Mane for win this one na,haba

2 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by RPG2020(m): 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Congratulations my boy
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Coldfeets: 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
He deserves it.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Elvictor: 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kelvin my man
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Kinzo0917(m): 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Well deserved. Had mancity won d champions league, he would ve bn a strong contender 4 d world � best player. Na who Henderson help??
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by KossyKiss97(f): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ok

Need children Educational tablets? 08060291729

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by nairavsdollars(f): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
i wish Arteta can sign this guy

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by OfficialJayy: 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
The fact that this is the first time a player from man city is winning this award despite dominating the best part of the last decade in epl is nothing but a mystery

I'm a man utd fan but I gotta admit that this award is the least de bryune deserves.. He's committed, hardworking, skillful and a joy to watch on the field... infact he's everything I wished paul pogba would be when we signed him

Kudos to De Bruyne, although the portugese magnifico(bruno fernanadez) will be coming for this award next season

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by bkool7(m): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
King of Assist

2 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by tunjilee003: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
Well deserved

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by femi4: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
Well deserved

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Wins Chinese Women’s Super League 'Best Striker for 2017 Season' / Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) / FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.