Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Cooking African Food Without The "smell" - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking African Food Without The "smell" (2594 Views)

Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni / Can You Eat Food Without Meat? / The Most Romantic African Food!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by Amobi1(m): 4:25am On Feb 16, 2011
Is there any way you can cook an african food with out the "smell"?
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by Nobody: 4:36am On Feb 16, 2011
not that i know of.

just eat american food nah.
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by harakiri(m): 10:58am On Feb 16, 2011
Amobi 1:

What do you mean "smell"? Is there any country on earth that has odorless food? Wetin be all dis run down comments sef? If you want odorless food, then chew on plastic and drink water.
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by ifyalways(f): 11:33am On Feb 16, 2011
Amobi 1:

which smell?
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by armyofone(m): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2011
do you mean smell of crayfish, tinko, magala, bonga fish, stockfish, smoked fish, dawadawa?

use oyinbo powerless chicken for your stew and egusi, use beef instead of all the above.
no smell, no taste sha.
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by MissyB3(f): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2011
No! Are your neighbours complaining? Forget them and enjoy the smell and taste jor.  grin
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by Amobi1(m): 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
my roomates think i was shiiting in toilet, i told them that i was cooking. help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by armyofone(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
my roomate once said some mean abt my ofe crayfish and i gave it to her real bad that she started crying. she went to her academic counselor, dunno
what she told that counselor (maybe used me as the person who made her fail a quiz or test, wetin concern me). she liked the other asian roomies food like tofu and cooked it all the time, i never said nothing. but that day, i gave it to her real good/bad.

you no be nigerian, abeg give it back to her/him bo. or stop cooking nig food till they are out of town.

Amobi 1:

my roomates think i was shiiting in toilet, i told them that i was cooking. help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by harakiri(m): 11:29am On Feb 18, 2011
The last time i ate in a Chinese restaurant, the smells there almost killed me. It was like a mortuary in there and no one was complaining. Why all these run down posts about African food? Don't they eat crayfish? Don't they eat locust beans? Indians and Chinese have the most horrific smelling foods and the irony of it all is that it's the ones with the most disgusting smell that are the most expensive. NO ONE COMPLAINS! ! ! Everyone considers it a "privilege" to eat their crap but when it comes to 9ja food, it's our OWN PEOPLE that will be the first to run their own country down. No wonder we are always looked down upon.

Rubbish!
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by chefmerbel: 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2011
I hail o! my people. anyway no matter the type of food you are cooking, you can eliminate or reduce the aroma by simply boiling distilled vinegar in a seperate pot. it socks up odours. try it out.
Re: Cooking African Food Without The "smell" by Solozzo(m): 11:30am On Feb 20, 2011
chefmerbel:

I hail o! my people. anyway no matter the type of food you are cooking, you can eliminate or reduce the aroma by simply boiling distilled vinegar in a seperate pot. it socks up odours. try it out.

Thanks. Gave a try today using any brand of vinegar I found.Worked well. No smell during and after cooking. Highly recommended.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Poop Dark Green? The Real Causes / Where Are The Pepper Soupp Joints In Ikeja? / What's Sunday Like Without Quality Meatpie &sausage Roll- Recipe Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.