Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip (612 Views)

Price Of Installing Windows 7 At A Computer Shop / PIP In Python | Python Tutorial For Beginners / How To Find Your Courier Packages With Jrs Tracking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm going to make this quick.

I've been trying Installing Python packages with Pip on my system but it's showing me environment error and also that the file doesn't exit.

Note: I've already created a distribution description and also generated a distribution file.

I've tried opening the command prompt as the admin but nothing positive is coming out of it.

Please advise, I've done all I could to install the packages So I can move on with coding properly on the IDLE.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Donotread: 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
try installing without pip
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by stanliwise(m): 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

I've been trying Installing Python packages with Pip on my system but it's showing me environment error and also that the file doesn't exit.

Note: I've already created a distribution description and also generated a distribution file.

I've tried opening the command prompt as the admin but nothing positive is coming out of it.

Please advise, I've done all I could to install the packages So I can move on with coding properly on the IDLE.

There is a pip script you should grab from python and install it manually.
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:26am On Aug 17, 2020
stanliwise:

There is a pip script you should grab from python and install it manually.

How do I install that?
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

What packages are you trying to install.
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by stanliwise(m): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

How do I install that?
Follow this tutorial https://phoenixnap.com/kb/install-pip-windows
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Donpre(m): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
are you connected to the internet?
post a screenshot of the error, that'll help solving your problem easier
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2020

What packages are you trying to install.

I'm trying to install my own modules for future use.
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
Donotread:
try installing without pip

How do I do that?
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
Donpre:
are you connected to the internet?

post a screenshot of the error, that'll help solving your problem easier

It is saying Environment error and that the file doesn't exist, even after creating a distribution file.
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Donotread: 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

How do I do that?
through PyCharm u search 4 d file
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Donotread:
through PyCharm u search 4 d file

I have pycharm but it's a bit heavy. Can't I just keep a copy of my modules someplace else and just copy them to any program I'm working on where the functions can be called?
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Donotread: 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
try coping it to d python system folder where d other modules are
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
stanliwise:

Follow this tutorial https://phoenixnap.com/kb/install-pip-windows

Baba, I've checked and I discovered I have Pip already installed. The error I keep getting is EnvironmentError and also that the file doesn't exist, i.e the file I'm trying to install. I really don't what to do at this point, because I need to also install flask to build a webapp.
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by stanliwise(m): 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Baba, I've checked and I discovered I have Pip already installed. The error I keep getting is EnvironmentError and also that the file doesn't exist, i.e the file I'm trying to install. I really don't what to do at this point, because I need to also install flask to build a webapp.
computer don’t lie, if it say environment don’t exist then it means it can find whatever you are looking for or maybe pip wasn’t the problem. Or maybe pip exist but not for that environment.
Re: Problem Installing Python Packages With Pip by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:50am On Aug 27, 2020
stanliwise:
computer don’t lie, if it say environment don’t exist then it means it can find whatever you are looking for or maybe pip wasn’t the problem. Or maybe pip exist but not for that environment.

I checked the Pip pre-installed with the Python program using the 'Pip help' but I didn't see any virtual environment listed as part of it.

(1) (Reply)

What Pattern Is This? / How To Create An Eye-catching Prestashop Progressive Web App (PWA)? / Vacancy Exist At Aptech Ibadan Centre For The Position Of Faculties (2).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.