Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,053 members, 7,859,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? (43366 Views)

Two Skills I Wish I Learnt Before Arriving Canada / What Skill Should I Learn Before Traveling Abroad / What Skills Can One Learn Before Moving Into Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Burgerlomo: 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
colestephan86:

If I were you, I will learn how to drive a truck and repair it.
One of the most reliable truck used by Nigerians is Mark and it's owned by USA. I assure you , many logistics companies will want you to work with them

Another good one cool
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Nokio1: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Learn how to shout: I can't breathe..if u see like five white drunk guys for lungu learn how to fly
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
humilitypays:
If you are not a Nurse, or LPN or lab scientist or doctor (hard to become a fully registered doctor or surgeon in US if you didn't study there), my brother forget it, na their military, paramilitary and Walmart job you go de manage last last cos oyimbo cannot employ you a foreign trained black man as an accountant or HR or any other role that white folks can handle.

They only need blacks and Nigerians in medical field to help manage their failing health and to cater for them at old age, nothing else, if you doubt, wait until you arrive US, all your non medical or non nursing certificates will become as useless as the "P" in psychology lipsrsealed
what about Pharmacist
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by dipori: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
please learn how to dodge raining bullet
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by MyAmericandream(f): 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
AristocraticMe:
what ever you learn can be a stepping stone, but the reality is you have to be certified here by their board of whatever you are into before you can practice. Even if you were a barber in Nigeria , you have to be certified I mean go to their vocational school to be certified before you have render a hair cut service. So whatever skill you learn or have from Nigeria will only serve as a direction for you to follow when you get here. But you cant use your skills until you get certified.

My only advice is pray and pray again for the grace of God to follow in your path as you relocate to America....Finish.... there is no hidden secret except the grace of God.
Na only you talk the truth.

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by AristocraticMe: 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
MyAmericandream:
Na only you talk the truth.
It is my pleasure sharing what ever information i have to help who ever needs it.

1 Like

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by akosh005: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Apart from the pandemic, didn't Trump ban Nigerians from migrating to the US? Or that was in my dream?
Not all visa category.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Ayilara1(m): 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
Anybody please, as a male is nursing a lucrative in dubai?
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Thattallgirl(f): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2020
akosh005:

Not all visa category.
Okay but can the Op legally work under a short stay visa?
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by molybdenum0012: 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
owensking:
Learn cyber security and data science. I’m currently in America and it’s what am about to learn online.

How are you learning it online brother
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Coquinoqui: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
arena07:
pls give me the link to learn also thanks

Harvard university is offering 67 courses for free during this pandemic. You may share the link with anyone who wants to spend their time learning something new. https://online-learning.harvard.edu/catalog?keywords=&paid%5B1%5D=1&max_price=&start_date_range%5Bmin%5D%5Bdate%5D=&start_date_range%5Bmax%5D%5Bdate%5D=

We have a WhatsApp group for this course if you care to join too
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by NairalandAngel(m): 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
colestephan86:

If I were you, I will learn how to drive a truck and repair it.
One of the most reliable truck used by Nigerians is Mark and it's owned by USA. I assure you , many logistics companies will want you to work with them

This is a good suggestion
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by cally10(m): 12:23am On Aug 19, 2020
Coquinoqui:

Harvard university is offering 67 courses for free during this pandemic. You may share the link with anyone who wants to spend their time learning something new. https://online-learning.harvard.edu/catalog?keywords=&paid%5B1%5D=1&max_price=&start_date_range%5Bmin%5D%5Bdate%5D=&start_date_range%5Bmax%5D%5Bdate%5D=

I really wanted to join but I was told to pay $90.00 to be added on track, so is not entirely free.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Gatsby(m): 3:32am On Aug 19, 2020
molybdenum0012:

How do you learn this please, I am in the same shoe with the op right now

You can learn Tableau or PowerBI from udemy.com or YouTube Tutorials.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by aariwa(m): 5:37am On Aug 19, 2020
Coquinoqui:

Less than 2 months Harvard certificate courses had always been free even before the pandemic
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by mozele(m): 7:08am On Aug 19, 2020
CuteMercury:
Can i learn this three at once?

Make why na? It's always one at a time!

All the skills listed about require that you be creative or at least, learn to be creative. The interesting thing is that you can actually focus on one and make a killing out of it.

For instance, copywriting. Copywriting has been defined by experts as sales in print. Bringing it to your understanding, it's basically an art of persuasion that causes people to buy a product, service, or to take an action you ask them to. To become a good copywriter, you need to learn the human psychlogy and how to communicate emotions to your prospects using the power of words.

If you become good at it, you can create your own marketing agency.

Same apples to video making. You don't need to master the three, just focus on one an become good at it.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by kunle75(m): 7:17am On Aug 20, 2020
adesmarty:

I'm planning on learning python programming, and also relocating.. How good is the market for python programmers

* Network Automation with Python Playlist - https:///ft5UtP6

check this out
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by kunle75(m): 9:53am On Aug 20, 2020
adesmarty:

I'm planning on learning python programming, and also relocating.. How good is the market for python programmers

please you can talk to this instructor he is one of the best in the world right now SAGAR by name
and check the link below the python class thought there might help

https://www.udemy.com/user/sagar4/

it might help in your quest
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by PortairServices: 10:43am On Aug 20, 2020
Learn how to operate any of these heavy machines;

Crane
Excavator
Forklift
Bulldozer
Payloader
ReachStacker
Commercial Truck Driving

YourBestBet wink wink

2 Likes

Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by stello(f): 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
grin grin

Benjaniblinks:
angry
Leave Nigeria to where undecided
Bros we die here..
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Bigcowhorn: 8:20am On Aug 22, 2020
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by berbs: 5:43am On Aug 26, 2020
planetx:
Trump has banned immigration until further notice because of the pandemic, you better wake up from your daydreaming

He said in the next year or two.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Samai270989: 2:35am On Sep 04, 2020
kunle75:

I can't list,but am 100% sure no IT skills you learn that won't be of immense benefit for you when you arrive here.
In the meantime you can check

https://www.coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-it-support

You can drop your email i will forward you some link that can help you in the direction you might want to follow
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Karac: 4:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
TammyAnybody:
Barber
Manual Labourer
Tailoring
Mechanic
Carpentry
Plumbery
Electrician
How to wash corpse
How to wash toilet
How to sweep street

grin grin grin grin grin

Add yours....
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Bluezy13(m): 10:47am On Jun 13, 2022
Ugaboy:
sure...They inter-related expecially...you can as well reach on my signature let's discuss more.

Hello...
Good day sir,
Please I need to reach out to you concerning a skill I can learn to be able to get a job outside the country.
I checked your signature but there is no contact.
Re: What Are Top Skills I Need To Learn Before Leaving For USA? by Ugaboy: 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
Bluezy13:

Hello...
Good day sir,
Please I need to reach out to you concerning a skill I can learn to be able to get a job outside the country.
I checked your signature but there is no contact.

Whatsapp me on 07-0-40-82*16*7*6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

15 Most Expensive Hotel Rooms In Nigeria / FG Test Runs Abuja-Kaduna Cabin Trains (photos) / Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.