Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,134 members, 7,860,076 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name (44442 Views)

Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers / Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- / Ballon D’ Or 2018: Samuel Eto’o Reveals Player To Win Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by mimsG: 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
How old is Eto'o sef
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by melodyogonna(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
seunlayi:
Lol, Messi is Barca and Barca is Messy grin grin
I saw that grin

2 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Pandev(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
cheesy
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by judedwriter(m): 11:55am On Aug 18, 2020
That picture of Eto and a youthful Messi reminds of the days of Barcelona's ruthlessness in scoring goals freely.... grin

how things have changed since then.

It's best Messi leaves... Barca needs urgent surgery.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by McBluemoon(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Being overhype... What for Mtcheeeeeww.... Though he is the best but why always about only him in the team.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by HundredWays(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2020
Barca is finished
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by skyfather09(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2020
8-2 Don pursue Messi.... the place him dey go sef, them go load am more.... CRonaldo7 for life.

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by EASYLIFE4US: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
Messy messi grin

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Artiiclebeast: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
Foolish mods.

This one na comment wey Eto' make while him still dey play for Barca oh.

Knuckleheads.

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Shivah: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nice punch by Eto'o. No player can be greater than a club
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Taiwojon(m): 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dapromzy333:
The Argentine maestro’s commitment at Camp Nou is reportedly in doubt after the Catalan giants’ woeful European exit

Former Barcelona and Cameroon striker Samuel Eto’o has joked that the Catalans will have to change their name should Lionel Messi depart the club.

The 33-year-old La Masia graduate, who is the most prolific player in the Blaugrana’s history, played for a full 90 minutes as they lost 8-2 to Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals of the Champions League last Friday.

It was Barca’s biggest European defeat in history and their heaviest loss since 1946. It was also the first time since the 2005-06 season that neither Messi nor Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo made it to the semi-finals.

This has fuelled speculation on Messi’s future at the club, with a year left to run on his contract, and he has been linked with a possible move to Manchester City to be with his former coach in Pep Guardiola or his Argentine hometown club Newell’s Old Boys, where he featured as a youth player.

“I love Messi like he was my own son, I want the best for him. Barcelona is Messi and I think if Messi decides to leave, we’ll have to change the name of the club,” Eto’o told Argentine TV channel TyCSports.

“We are lucky in that at Barcelona, we have the best player in the world and of all-time, we have to do everything possible to ensure he finishes his career at Barcelona.”

https://sportvilla.com.ng/2020/08/17/if-messi-decides-to-leave-we-have-to-change-barcelonas-name-etoo/
Tay!!!

so messi is barca.

nonsense and ingredients.

no wonder he pocket the board and dictate to the coach
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by slivertongue: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
“We are lucky in that at Barcelona, we have the best player in the world and of all-time, we have to do everything possible to ensure he finishes his career at Barcelona.”

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by freedomeniola(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
Messi is the best player to me
A player I enjoy watching
It give me joy watching you
He makes me enjoy watching football
He is old already...he is not like in is early 18's or 20's when he could bust Tru any defense
Even at 33 opposing clubs still plans on stopping passes from reaching him
Dem no need tell person when the ball is at your feet
D day u quit soccer is the day I start surpporting super eagles
And if u leave Barca I leave Barca too
KONIBAJE FUN EH
Is there any other player like you on dis planet ?
What u are going Tru right now is little to what most off us ur fans go Tru...but u most times make our day after watching ur match
Live on!!!
Like for Messi share for Ronaldo
The two Goat you've witnessed

6 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Asour: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2020
YorubaLord:
He's being sarcastic and of course a real jab at the Club's management the way they pamper Messi like he's bigger than the club. grin

Ever before Messi, there was, there is and there'll always be a Barcelona! cool

Yes. But he led the most successful spells in the club's history.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by brainhgeek(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
Messi is the football in Barcelona FC. If Messi leaves, you are taking football out of Barca, what is left is Barcelona NC (night club). grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by HundredWays(m): 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2020
brainhgeek:
Messi is the football in Barcelona FC. If Messi leaves, you are taking football out of Barca, what is left is Barcelona NC (night club). grin grin
see cruise cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by YorubaLord: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
Asour:

Yes. But he led the most successful spells in the club's history.

So that means they should change the club's name to MessiLona, abi? Did he win it by himself without the other 10 players?

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Playermayweda(m): 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dats why barca is falling,when people starts seeing him bigger than the club, everything about barca is messi and is not supposed to be so,No player is supposed to be bigger than the club

2 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by lomprico(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
so messi is now bigger than barca?

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by frankmoney(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
Quick math

2 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Blakpot: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dapromzy333:
The Argentine maestro’s commitment at Camp Nou is reportedly in doubt after the Catalan giants’ woeful European exit

“[b]I love Messi like he was my own son, [/b]I want the best for him. Barcelona is Messi and I think if Messi decides to leave, we’ll have to change the name of the club,” Eto’o told Argentine TV channel TyCSports.

https://sportvilla.com.ng/2020/08/17/if-messi-decides-to-leave-we-have-to-change-barcelonas-name-etoo/

Hmm! Baba Etoo! Ur age difference is 6yrs. Or are you trying to tell us sumn?

2 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by InvestorAA(m): 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
Messi should leave and try if he's magic will work somewhere else.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by ojaysam25(m): 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
Guyman02:
If Chelsea used 180 mins plus one red card to receive 7:1, and Barcelona used 90mins without red card to receive 8:2, calculate how many will Barcelona receive if they are to play additional 90mins with one red card.?

NB: Show workings
By
Solution
Let x represent number of goals
Let y represent team B (Barcelona)
Let e represent team A minutes (Chelsea)
Let z represent team B minutes (Barcelona)
Let m represent team A formation (11-1)
Let t represent team A goals (7-1)
Let u represent team B goals (8-2)
Let d represent team B formation (11)

∆, x=y[e{m÷t} of z{d(u)}]
x=y[180{(11-1)÷(7-1)} of 90{11(8-2)}]
x=y[180{10÷6} of 90{11(6)}]
x=y[180{1.66} ÷ 90{66}]
x=y[298.8 ÷ 5940]
x=y(298.8÷5940)
x=y(19.87)
x=19.87y
Approximately, 19.87= 20
∆ x=20y
y×y×x=20y×y
Xy²=20y²
Xy²/y²=20y²/y²
Therefore, x=20

The number of goals Barcelona will receive is 20 if they played 180mins with 1 red card

*Copied*
grin guy you get time o
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by abuhlawal(m): 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2020
Change it to what?
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Theoarhics: 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Not even loving him like your brother but like your own son. Oga Eto how old are ?

4 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by ojaysam25(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
freedomeniola:
Messi is the best player to me
A player I enjoy watching
It give me joy watching you
He makes me enjoy watching football
He is old already...he is not like in is early 18's or 20's when he could bust Tru any defense
Even at 33 opposing clubs still plans on stopping passes from reaching him
Dem no need tell person when the ball is at your feet
D day u quit soccer is the day I start surpporting super eagles
And if u leave Barca I leave Barca too
KONIBAJE FUN EH
Is there any other player like you on dis planet ?
What u are going Tru right now is little to what most off us ur fans go Tru...but u most times make our day after watching ur match
Live on!!!
Like for Messi share for Ronaldo
The two Goat you've witnessed
Hmm,messi fan are dishing out motivational speech here and there....it baffles me how they have now turn from been an arrogant tout to a counselor...

3 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Maobichek: 12:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
paulolee:
yeah, I saw that post yesterday and i thought he was jus joking about the news of messi leaving barca..
messi would surely leave barca when he retires because everything have its end but our fear would be if barca can easily replace him when he's gone..
barca have been in existence years before leo was born and barca would still remain even wen he's gons but barca would surely miss this GOAT bt with time, we all would get over messi bcoz humans generally have short memories..
. Let me tell you the truth, Messi became exposed when Iniesta left Barca. Barca has not replace Iniesta, they tried Coutinho but when it became obvious that Coutinho can't play like Iniesta, they (loaned) pushed him to Bayern (Coutinho is a good player looking at his statistics in Liverpool and Bayern). Barca is only complaining about their defense now because the middle and attack is weak now. Barca is an attacking team and not a defensive team so the problem is getting mildfider like Iniesta and Xavier, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by 143WaZoBia: 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
Lol. Slawomir wanna. You don’t smoke weed or you won’t chose a footballer over weed, a real nigga don’t even give up weed for konji
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!

Very true Samuel. You deserve a wrap from me.

The god of football himself, Messi. All due reverence!!

I'm gonna make sure I build a sanctuary in Messi's name so children can come and pray to be blessed and play soccer like this god in human form.

Messi is inarguably my GOAT anyday anytime twice on a weekday if you ask me.

Ronaldo and the rest should go and suck a dick!!!

Who has scored 90+ goals in a year again?? Go and argue with your fore fathers.

If i have to choose between Messi and my weed, I'd go for the former even if the latter is my bestie, that's how much Messi is great.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by AFvckingAlpha(m): 12:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
grin

The fvck

niggarr!!

Exaggerations my guy, I'd never drop my weed for anything in this life. I literally said weed is my bestie.

You nor fit understand

143WaZoBia:
Lol. Slawomir wanna. You don’t smoke weed or you won’t chose a footballer over weed, a real nigga don’t even give up weed for konji
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by paulolee(m): 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
Maobichek:
. Let me tell you the truth, Messi became exposed when Iniesta left Barca. Barca has not replace Iniesta, they tried Coutinho but when it became obvious that Coutinho can't play like Iniesta, they (loaned) pushed him to Bayern (Coutinho is a good player looking at his statistics in Liverpool and Bayern). Barca is only complaining about their defense now because the middle and attack is weak now. Barca is an attacking team and not a defensive team so the problem is getting mildfider like Iniesta and Xavier, thank you.
nice point n i pray new coach addres that because he knows more than us..

2 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Bakin3(m): 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
There was barca before Messi.

Call for your bio digester (Modern Sockaway).
Very quick to install. No waste removal. Little maintenance. Odorless. Little space required. Check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo Trends On Twitter As Fans Troll Messi After UCL Game / AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards / Asisat Oshoala Storms Mushin With Her CAF Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.