Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! (9521 Views)

How ALAT By Wema Is Investing Nigeria’s Young Tech Ecosystem With Hackaholics 3 / Open Alat Account By Wema, Send Your Account Number And Be Credited N500 Free / My Frustrating Experience With ALAT By Wema Bank Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by MrHibee(m): 2:46am On Aug 18, 2020
I opened an account with alat by Wema because I read a nairalander comment about the app. It is supposed to be a 100% digital bank and you dont need to open it physically. Little did i know my life would turn into a nightmare and i would be making complaints every day since then.
I provided my bvn, contact details, identification, personal details etc. Though I experienced error response many times while at it. I wish I had stopped there. After the account was set up I proceeded to fund the account, The first issue i faced was the app telling me insufficient funds when I actually had 6500 in the balance. I gnored it and went on with my life. I ordered the card and laterthey blocked my account. Initially the app said they are "verifying" my details and restrictions will be lifted in 2 days but I noticed that the website and the app are both configured not to accept your ID. I uploaded National ID and Voters card at different times (Over 40 times but it always come back empty). I contacted them on twitter after much rubbish they said i should call customer care. Their customer care line is not free but i took pains to load airtime just for that purpose but they keep you waiting up to an hour till airtime runs out. I sent them several mails but no reply. I decided to physically visit the bank but their only branch and they were telling me to keep using the app to upload document. They said they can't collect my ID and verify for me. Every single day i complain they'll tell me to exercise patience. This has been going on for a month now. ALAT BY WEMA IS FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT TELLS YOU OTHERWISE. They're all promoting the app for referral. Just go to their twitter, Instagram and plystore reviews and see what people are saying!!!!! Please, well meaning Nigerians should come to my rescue. @lalasticlala @seun @naijacutee @FOD @Puskin @Dominique

3 Likes

Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by Kepler453: 5:28am On Aug 18, 2020
No be lie o I opened an account since 2018 only for them to keep telling me my login details are wrong. Emailed customer care but they didn't give readorable answer.. it's a scam

1 Like

Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by punisha: 5:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for the info.
Now we are alert to the wema fraud.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by adelnehis(m): 5:59am On Aug 18, 2020
The best digital banks are Kuda Bank and Rubies Bank

3 Likes

Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by jimmyolasun: 6:42am On Aug 18, 2020
I have been using alat for over 3years bro, no issue.. in fact, naa him I dey use do my huge transfers...

7 Likes

Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by adeememman(m): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2020
That they need to up their game in swiftly resolving issues doesn't mean they are fraudulent. The difficulties youre experiencing are due to the security measures put in place to make sure your money is safe because your pictures, signature and Identity cards uploaded will be verified before allowing access to the account. Please calm down and follow due process, this time carefully so that it will be perfectly done especially the signature and other documents. They are fully digital as don't even need to visit any branch before you solve problems. I either call their call centre or message them on twitter.
Please note that I'm not their staff rather one of their customers who have account with other banks too and understand that each organization have challenges peculiar to them but the advantages at times are more than any challenge you can face as long as your money is safe which is the most important thing. Peace

1 Like

Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by justified007: 6:56am On Aug 18, 2020
adeememman:
That they need to up their game in swiftly resolving issues doesn't mean they are fraudulent. The difficulties youre experiencing are due to the security measures put in place to make sure your money is safe because your pictures, signature and Identity cards uploaded will be verified before allowing access to the account. Please calm down and follow due process, this time carefully so that it will be perfectly done especially the signature and other documents. They are fully digital as don't even need to visit any branch before you solve problems. I either call their call centre or message them on twitter.
Please note that I'm not their staff rather one of their customers who have account with other banks too and understand that each organization have challenges peculiar to them but the advantages at times are more than any challenge you can face as long as your money is safe which is the most important thing. Peace

They're yet to lift restrictions on my account since God knows when . Its over 6 months now and even after sending me a successful email , my account is still showing inactive and asking me to upload the same documents over and over again. Who does that ?

1 Like

Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by Fantasy228(m): 11:44am On Aug 18, 2020
adeememman:

2 Likes

Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by udwise123: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
I wonder if its the same alat I have been using for almost 18 months that u guys are complaining about. undecided

I have no issue with then before.
Call they cc and explained the situation to them.
Or beta still upload a clear copy of your document for them. I take max of 5 working days for them to verify ur document.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by Audiodonation: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
I wouldn't say you lying shaaaa, verifying my government ID took 3 working days....

Getting the Debit card took 3weeks (Free).

The last day of the week, I received a call from an unregistered number; with Truecaller saying (UPS DISPATCHER). He came to my registered house address with the bank to drop Debit card.

Initiating card pin through the APP took 2 working days.

Using the Debit via an ATM is still IMPOSSIBLE and yet to be resolved.

Upon getting to a branch of theirs to complain about the Card, unaaaa no go believe when I told them my card was delivered to me........Na so everyone begin tell me CONGRATULATIONS eh....

Waooooo.

But OP @@@ I will like you to revisit and review the Government ID u are snapping.

We go make las Las.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by Mide3367: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
I use alat too but what I hate most about alat is poor customer service.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by KommanderinKief: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
TRUTH!!! % months of hell working w/ them. Currently in the process of closing my account with WEMA altogether and getting my funds. Tbhey are making it hell. Lol just got yelled at by my "account manager". Guys its over for Wema!! Something is wrong over there I promise! Get your fund out now. Their saving plan on Alat has to be a ponzi scheme given their stock price.

Total joke of a bank altogether. Wema has been pushing customers to Alat for years now. It is crickets when you contact support. They ask for legal forms and do not respond when you send. 1,000s of divisions and no accountibility. PURE SCAM. Normal businesses do not function this way.

The emotionality of my account manager just 30 minutes ago give it away. He probably knows its all over but he has to try and do what he is told which is...do not let anyone leave. Dead giveaway!! grin

After 5 months 20 selfies passposts indeminty forms I was able to send 20K once then my account was mysteriously frozen. I lost it when I couldnt even send 5K grin shocked

Looking to lawyer up if they are not able to end my relationship soon and release all my funds lol what a joke no one has time for money to be sitting around BS accounts

2 Likes

Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by deloon(m): 9:49am On Sep 21, 2020
Been using Alat for a while. I initially had problems during the verification stage but that was resolved within a few weeks. I haven't had any complaints since then.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by dauntless15(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
jimmyolasun:
I have been using alat for over 3years bro, no issue.. in fact, naa him I dey use do my huge transfers...
how do u fund your acc, I've tried zenith and uba card, still no show.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by dauntless15(m): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
udwise123:
I wonder if its the same alat I have been using for almost 18 months that u guys are complaining about. undecided

I have no issue with then before.
Call they cc and explained the situation to them.
Or beta still upload a clear copy of your document for them. I take max of 5 working days for them to verify ur document.
how do you fund it.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by dauntless15(m): 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Audiodonation:
I wouldn't say you lying shaaaa, verifying my government ID took 3 working days....

Getting the Debit card took 3weeks (Free).

The last day of the week, I received a call from an unregistered number; with Truecaller saying (UPS DISPATCHER). He came to my registered house address with the bank to drop Debit card.

Initiating card pin through the APP took 2 working days.

Using the Debit via an ATM is still IMPOSSIBLE and yet to be resolved.

Upon getting to a branch of theirs to complain about the Card, unaaaa no go believe when I told them my card was delivered to me........Na so everyone begin tell me CONGRATULATIONS eh....

Waooooo.

But OP @@@ I will like you to revisit and review the Government ID u are snapping.

We go make las Las.
how did you fund it, I can't request card because of this.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
dauntless15:
how do you fund it.
why not just transfer money to the account?
una the sabi suffer una self oo.
I done use alat since 2018.
no wahala.
na just lately I observe the high exchange rate for dollars.
outside that no single issue
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by dauntless15(m): 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Caio:
why not just transfer money to the account?
una the sabi suffer una self oo.
I done use alat since 2018.
no wahala.
na just lately I observe the high exchange rate for dollars.
outside that no single issue
transfer from another bank? I don't know how to do it that's why I'm quoting you, this one you're saying we like suffer.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
dauntless15:
transfer from another bank? I don't know how to do it that's why I'm quoting you, this one you're saying we like suffer.
yes transfer from another bank to you alat account.
or beta still pay into the account from Wema bank @any branch directly..
Haven't tried the fund account feature before but my bro has and it works.
Sorry for the bad comment I made earlier.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by dauntless15(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Caio:
yes transfer from another bank to you alat account.
or beta still pay into the account from Wema bank @any branch directly..
Haven't tried the fund account feature before but my bro has and it works.
Sorry for the bad comment I made earlier.
Thanks, I have done it by sending from another bank, I appreciate.
Re: ALAT BY WEMA Is Fraud!!!!!!!!!! Beware! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
dauntless15:
Thanks, I have done it by sending from another bank, I appreciate.
okay bro

(1) (Reply)

Oil Price Inches Towards $70, 44% Above Benchmark / Africgold Registration / Tax Defaulters: Oyo Govt Seals Banks In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.