Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,994 members, 7,848,998 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) (694 Views)

Woman Collapses After Fraudsters Stole N400k From Her Bank Account In Delta / 'Young Money' Caught In A Hotel After Stealing N300K From Mom's Account. Photos / Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2020
IgbereTV reports that an Enugu housewife, Mrs Josephine Nchetaka Chukwujama Eze, has caused gotten the attention of many Nigerians on social media after she returned approximately N14 million wrongly paid into her account.

While she is being praised for her honesty, the mother of three has been declared a heroine by her husband, Mr. Chukwujama Eze, a journalist-turned lawyer.

In a piece made available to IgbereTV, Eze captured what happened and showered praises on his wife.

He wrote:

“My dear friends, sometimes in life, little things matter as much, if not more, as big things. And, if we don’t appreciate innocuous gestures that are considered little, even big ones will pass us unnoticed.”

"In my emotional reckoning, my wife has creditably discharged and acquitted herself not only as a worthy companion of high credibility, but an honest Nigerian worthy of emulation. Why? This mother of my three children received a credit alert of almost N14 million from an unknown source and exhibited what will make me eternally proud of her integrity. What happened? At exactly 4.50pm on Monday August 3, 2020, my own jewel of inestimable value was in her friend’s hair salon where a substantial percentage of my wealth stream regularly flows. Suddenly, her mobile phone beeped an alert.”

“At first”, she later recalled, “I didn’t check my phone as I dismissed it as one of those unsolicited messages with which network providers inundate hapless Nigerian subscribers.”

“After some time, she casually scrolled through her phone and what she saw was eye-popping. Behold, it was an online transfer of, wait a minute, N13,946,400 from Sankiya Global Investment Ltd.”

“What? Sankiya who? Nearly N14 million! For what purpose? She couldn’t believe her eyes. ‘I’ll call my husband immediately,’ she told herself. And she promptly did. Of course, my wife was not surprised that her husband’s answer accorded with her already waiting thoughts. After all, birds of the same feather flock together.”

You don’t know Sankiya, and you have no transaction with the company,’ her husband reasoned with her over the phone. ‘So, we’ll return the strange money to your bank tomorrow.’ Her reply? ‘We would have done so today if it were within banking hours.’ A consensus ad idem (meeting of minds) between husband and wife was complete. And so it came to pass that in the morning of the following day, off we set out to the Zik Avenue.”

Prominent Nigerians, such as a President Buhari’s Aide on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie praised Mrs Nchetaka for her honesty.

Lauretta Onochie tweeted:

“An Enugu housewife, Josephine Nchetaka Chukwujama Eze, has promptly returned approximately ₦14 million erroneously paid into her account. In spite of the current global economic conditions, integrity is integrity.”

https://twitter.com/Laurestar/status/1295744127351562243?s=09

https://igberetvnews.com/1361774/enugu-housewife-returns-%e2%82%a614m-erroneously-paid-bank-account-photos/

Cc lalasticlala please help move to the right section

Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by kingEllah(f): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
Well

I trust myself sha.
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by marshalcarter: 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
being selfless most times pays...

I hope she'll be rewarded
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by dingbang(m): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
Priceless woman. That man is very lucky
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by dingbang(m): 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
kingEllah:
Well

I trust myself sha.
what would have been your reaction
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by soberdrunk(m): 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
angry
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by Baawaa(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
That is their own palliative
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by athaboi(f): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kind hearted
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by Bola146(f): 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
Housewife grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by FamousMonk: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
Why not play PSG to beat Leipzig with the 14 million ,return the 14 million and get extra money..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by kpajie1: 6:30am On Aug 19, 2020
u for send am to my account
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by adecz: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2020
Why banks no dey try this
nonsense with my own account?

I for show them say, I be a true
full blooded Nigerian!!

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (photos) by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2020
And as usual, the resident criminals on Nairaland have started waxing lyrical as to what they would have done with the money had they been in that woman's shoes.

sad

You can identify them from their comments.

(1) (Reply)

Former Robbery Kingpin, Shina Rambo, Resurfaces, Now A Preacher / Grown-up Woman Caught Stealing A Bottle Of Palm Oil In America (VIDEO) / Please Help, My Bank Account Has Been Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.