Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum (2056 Views)

Whatsapp Will Stop Working On These Devices As From 2023 / Don't Buy Xiaomi Devices. If Youve Don't Update / Tecno Mobile Announces Huge Discounts On Devices As Nigeria Clocks Fifty Seven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Lionshare01: 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
Xiaomi devices as cool as they are, are unnecessarily overhyped on this forum undecided

The redmi 9 made a lot of hit, packing pleasant specs, the latest Helio g80 and more..

From it's launch, I've followed a lot of rants and hypes on this phone, and although it's a little worth it, this phone starting at 66k for the 4/64gb ain't a budget device at all like its called by some. angry

True, when compared to infinix note 7 and the likes from transsion, it offers more value for money, but the part darris to off me is when xiaomi fanboys be like
The redmi 9 a common budget device, throws the note 7 into the dust..
That's a refined rubbish, because to the Nigerian man with a budget pocket, I doubt a phone above 50k should be called a budget device!!

Meanwhile the redmi note 8(a real proper mid-ranger) still retails around 70k! So if you call the redmi 9 a budget device, then u dnt know what true budget is..

The redmi 8 Is the worst, the most overhyped phone from xiaomi. At 56k, this phone ain't value for money at all..
Yet it gets promoted by all these guys..having used it, I can boldly tell u, this phone starting from the processor to the mediocre 720p display, poor design etc..ain't worth ur 56k at all!!

I'll choose the a7 pro(even with it's mediocre p23, but a far lesser price), the realme c3, etc than that redmi 8.

My point is why these guys bash people's thread, they should do it with wisdom!!

Cuz most times their argument ain't usually sensible

8 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by akashi01(m): 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Check the dollar conversion rate before you start rambling like a re.tardd

30 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by legitboss011(m): 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
I totally agree with you
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by RealEzee(m): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
"I'll choose the a7 pro(even with it's mediocre p23, but a far lesser price)" sorry man you lost me at this moment, spec for spec the note 8 is far more superior to the a7 pro and not within the same price range, only Realme gives Xiaomi much rivalry in terms of similar spec within similar price range.

Saying it's overhyped without detailed analysis is quite bias from you, from the pool of smart phone brands in Naija within similar price tag how many offers better specs when match spec for spec, you equally left out the effect of the naira devaluation resulting to price tag played on this devices.

If I'm buying a phone within $100-200,how many smart phone brands here offer better spec than Xiaomi currently? Place Xiaomi $200 phone with a Samsung at that amount, you still see Xiaomi offering better spec man.

Value for money is key, and that isn't overhype,but fact.

22 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by ibawon(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
My Oga a budget phone's price in Naija will get you a 855 SD UK used phone.
Who is to be blamed
Naija Economy.
We are all suffering from it.
Don't blame Transition or Mi

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by theoneJabulani(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
A7PRO is a wonderful device for its price but comparing but to Redmi note 8 is outrageous. For now, you can't know the true value of a device in Naira because our currency is shit for now. For example, I bought my umidigi power in last November for 44k but now it's about 57k on jumia, is it umidigi's fault?

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Lionshare01: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
RealEzee:
"I'll choose the a7 pro(even with it's mediocre p23, but a far lesser price)" sorry man you lost me at this moment, spec for spec the note 8 is far more superior to the a7 pro and not within the same price range, only Realme gives Xiaomi much rivalry in terms of similar spec within similar price range.

Saying it's overhyped without detailed analysis is quite bias from you, from the pool of smart phone brands in Naija within similar price tag how many offers better specs when match spec for spec, you equally left out the effect of the naira devaluation resulting to price tag played on this devices.

If I'm buying a phone within $100-200,how many smart phone brands here offer better spec than Xiaomi currently? Place Xiaomi $200 phone with a Samsung at that amount, you still see Xiaomi offering better spec man.

Read carefully before u quote bro. Was referring to the redmi 8 not the note 8. I love the note 8
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Lionshare01: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
theoneJabulani:
A7PRO is a wonderful device for its price but comparing but to Redmi note 8 is outrageous. For now, you can't know the true value of a device in Naira because our currency is shit for now. For example, I bought my umidigi power in last November for 44k but now it's about 57k on jumia, is it umidigi's fault?
Can't u guys read? The comparison was with redmi 8 not note 8..the note 8 Is a pretty wonderful device

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by RealEzee(m): 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Lionshare01:

Read carefully before u quote bro. Was referring to the redmi 8 not the note 8. I love the note 8
my bad bro,made a mistake adding the note, speaking of the redmi 8, other notable mentions will include the redmi 9, 9a and 9c, all these with the redmi 8 offer better specs for the price, just like the earlier comment stated you will have to consider the naira devaluation in terms of pricing as it affects us over here. Like I said earlier the rivals in this segment is Realme.
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by edoairways: 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
akashi01:
Check the dollar conversion rate before you start rambling like a re.tardd
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by edoairways: 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
@Lionshare01 totally agree with you. The abuse of the word budget is understatement from some monikers.
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Lavoca: 12:02am On Aug 20, 2020
edoairways:
@Lionshare01 totally agree with you. The abuse of the word budget is understatement from some monikers.
See someone who doesn't know about his device having USB Type C talking

17 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by edoairways: 12:06am On Aug 20, 2020
Lavoca:
See someone who doesn't know about his device having USB Type C talking
Someone who doesn't understand English is responding. Is not ironic that you couldn't comprehend the message? Probably you haven't heard the word "devil's advocate"?
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by samnificent(m): 12:11am On Aug 20, 2020
Oukitel deserves the accolades Xiaomi gets on here.
Their devices are BUDGET friendly and durable.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by trueking: 1:28am On Aug 20, 2020
To be fair, I think they are budget phones, the naira is to blame, I bought my phone before Corona pandemic, now it has increased by 12k, on the other hand the Xiaomi fanboys need to calm down, they are too quick to insult, like one using the word retar.d up there is entirely unnecessary, if you complain about a fault in your phone they would attack you, maybe that's what they understand by aggressive marketing grin

9 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Larrywizzy423(m): 2:20am On Aug 20, 2020
Op hope you know the main reason why the price of the phones are high is because of current exchange rate? The redmi 8 when I bought it for someone was 49k but when naira fell its now around 56k .

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by theoneJabulani(m): 5:55am On Aug 20, 2020
Lionshare01:

Can't u guys read? The comparison was with redmi 8 not note 8..the note 8 Is a pretty wonderful device
Meanwhile the redmi note 8(a real proper mid-ranger) still retails around 70k! So if you call the redmi 9 a budget device, then u dnt know what true budget is.. that is from your post. You used the Redmi note 8 as a yastic for what a true budget device is, I guess that's where my mistake was from but notwithstanding, I never really fancied the Redmi 8 infact it was on my list when I want to get my phone but the 720p display put me off especially when you consider that the Snapdragon chipset used is only slightly better than the P35 in Umidigi power. Even then it was 46k, our Naira is to blame. The Redmi 9 on the other hand is a whole new story and the specs speak for itself

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by theoneJabulani(m): 5:56am On Aug 20, 2020
samnificent:
Oukitel? I think umidigi make better devices for less
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Blazebond(m): 6:50am On Aug 20, 2020
Any phone above 45k in nigeria ain't budget friendly,Xiaomi phones are freaking expensive.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Lavoca: 7:06am On Aug 20, 2020
edoairways:

Someone who doesn't understand English is responding. Is not ironic that you couldn't comprehend the message? Probably you haven't heard the word "devil's advocate"?
There is nothing to comprehend boy.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by famep(m): 7:34am On Aug 20, 2020
RealEzee:

he said redmi 8 not redmi note 8 y do people mistake this two
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by ambitiouschap17: 7:46am On Aug 20, 2020
samnificent:

That's what I am using

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by RealEzee(m): 9:00am On Aug 20, 2020
famep:

he said redmi 8 not redmi note 8 y do people mistake this two
I addressed it in my second reply, did you skip it? sad
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Youngpo413: 10:53am On Aug 20, 2020
phone war,when will it end?
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by edoairways: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lavoca:
There is nothing to comprehend boy.
Just look at this kid who lacks manners, someone who doesn't have parental training. Perhaps your parent did bad in training you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Lionshare01: 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
theoneJabulani:
Meanwhile the redmi note 8(a real proper mid-ranger) still retails around 70k! So if you call the redmi 9 a budget device, then u dnt know what true budget is.. that is from your post. You used the Redmi note 8 as a yastic for what a true budget device is, I guess that's where my mistake was from but notwithstanding, I never really fancied the Redmi 8 infact it was on my list when I want to get my phone but the 720p display put me off especially when you consider that the Snapdragon chipset used is only slightly better than the P35 in Umidigi power. Even then it was 46k, our Naira is to blame. The Redmi 9 on the other hand is a whole new story and the specs speak for itself
Although speaking in the mid-range section, xiaomi and realme offers the best value for money, my point is xiaomi budget devices are overpriced for my liking...
Even the redmi 8a without a fingerprint sensor(in 2020) is almost 40k..heck! Even removing corona, their budget devices are expensive

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Lionshare01: 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
RealEzee:
my bad bro,made a mistake adding the note, speaking of the redmi 8, other notable mentions will include the redmi 9, 9a and 9c, all these with the redmi 8 offer better specs for the price, just like the earlier comment stated you will have to consider the naira devaluation in terms of pricing as it affects us over here. Like I said earlier the rivals in this segment is Realme.

Very True in the mid-range section, but coming to a proper Nigerian budget, I'll think a proper device at a proper Nigerian budget, can't be gotten from xiaomi. But these xiaomi niggars, go everywhere ranting and insult people's devices,
When they get to transsion, I think their argument is justified!
They get to umidigi, they complain about updates!
They get to oukitel, they complain about processors!
They get to elephone, that's a story for another day..
But truth be told, u'll get better value for money below the 50k price range from these brands!

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Lionshare01: 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2020
theoneJabulani:

U missed the point bruv! My question is, "at 66k, is this a proper budget device? Can this be afforded by the masses? Is it justifiable to compare this device to other budget devices from other OEMs? "
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by Lionshare01: 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
Blazebond:
Any phone above 45k in nigeria ain't budget friendly,Xiaomi phones are freaking expensive.
Guess u are the only person getting the point
Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by theoneJabulani(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lionshare01:

U missed the point bruv! My question is, "at 66k, is this a proper budget device? Can this be afforded by the masses? Is it justifiable to compare this device to other budget devices from other OEMs? "
For that price you get 1080p display, fast charging, quad camera(not just QVGA making up the numbers, real cameras), a big 5020mah battery and a capable chipset. Give me a company that offers higher or equal specs for less than that. To give you an example, Umidigi power3 is a similar device with just little differences and it sells for almost the same price. The question you should ask is are those specs worth the price? Anyone who wants a phone for less than 50k can't have all those specs, especially not at this time. True be told though, those Xiaomi fanboys are a tad overzealous.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Devices As Cool As They Are, Are Unnecessarily Overhyped On This Forum by RealEzee(m): 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lionshare01:

Very True in the mid-range section, but coming to a proper Nigerian budget, I'll think a proper device at a proper Nigerian budget, can't be gotten from xiaomi. But these xiaomi niggars, go everywhere ranting and insult people's devices,
When they get to transsion, I think their argument is justified!
They get to umidigi, they complain about updates!
They get to oukitel, they complain about processors!
They get to elephone, that's a story for another day..
But truth be told, u'll get better value for money below the 50k price range from these brands!
well our currency devaluation isn't helping matters here tho those within the $100 bracket pose better specs, likes of UMIDIGI will be priced lower than the current price too if not for our naira devaluation n won't be categorized in the same bracket Sha, in all when choosing a budget device u look at ur pocket and corresponding specs offered by the brands, all round device with value for money spent, bear it in mind alot of folks are coming from different predominant brands in Naija to Xiaomi and at times its because of their disappointment from the previous brands that make them seem like freedom fighters grin, yeah, tho facts still has to be said about the brand offering better alternatives to most existing brands in Naija.

Just my take on the issue tho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Best Apps To Borrow Loan Online In Nigeria 2021 / New Phone Just Manufactured Weeks Ago, Hanging / How To Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.