Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,432 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

What Am I? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Am I? (421 Views)

FQE: Who Am I? (yoruba Version) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Am I? by foreman: 11:08am On Aug 21, 2020
I have always wondered

I am muslim

I pray five times daily, even though I mostly merge Suhr and Asri, then Moghrib and Isha.

I generally stay away from forbidden things EXCEPT alcohol

What does this make me?

Non-muslim?
Hypocrite?
Bad muslim?
Please drop your message, religious reasons and not personal feelings please. Thanks
Re: What Am I? by Xmuslim: 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
A bad Muslim
Re: What Am I? by Vengazi: 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2020
Please i need assistance in translating these names to arabic

1. Rafiu (male)
2. Latifat (Female)
3. Nafisat (Female)
Re: What Am I? by motayoayinde: 6:49am On Sep 05, 2020
Vengazi:
Please i need assistance in translating these names to arabic

1. Rafiu (male)
2. Latifat (Female)
3. Nafisat (Female)

RAFI'U IS ONE OF ALLAH'S NAMES. IT MEANS THE EXALTER/PROMOTER, ALLAH IS THE ONE WHO EXALTS PEOPLE IN RANK AND STATUS

LATEEFAH IS THE FEMININE VERSION OF ALLAH'S NAME AL-LATEEF. IT MEANS THE KIND/COMPASSIONATE.

NAFEESAH IS A FEMALE MUSLIM NAME. IT MEANS SOMETHING PRECIOUS, LIKE A PRECIOUS JEWEL.
Re: What Am I? by motayoayinde: 7:18am On Sep 05, 2020
foreman:
I have always wondered

I am muslim

I pray five times daily, even though I mostly merge Suhr and Asri, then Moghrib and Isha.

I generally stay away from forbidden things EXCEPT alcohol

What does this make me?

Non-muslim?
Hypocrite?
Bad muslim?
Please drop your message, religious reasons and not personal feelings please. Thanks

BROTHER, YOU ARE NONE OF THOSE THINGS YOU LISTED UP THERE.
YOU ARE A MUSLIM AND YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU ARE A CONSCIOUS ONE TOO, ALHAMDULILLAH.

A CONSCIOUS MUSLIM IS ONE WHO AFTER COMMITING A SIN, REALIZES THAT HE HAS SINNED AND FEELS BAD ABOUT IT AS YOU HAVE SHOWN IN YOUR QUESTION.

BECAUSE WE'RE ALL MORTALS, WE FIND OURSELVES IN YOUR KIND OF SITUATION FROM TIME TO TIME. BUT WHAT WE DO AFTERWARDS IS WHAT MAKES OF BREAKS OUR IMAAN.

THESE ARE THE STEPS TO REPENTANCE IN ISLAM (shuruutu taubah).

- REALIZING THAT ONE HAS SINNED
- REGRETTING THE ACT
- HAVING THE INTENTION TO REPENT
- REPENTING UNTO ALLAH BY STATING YOUR SIN, SEEKING HIS FORGIVENESS, SECRETLY, QUIETLY AND ALONE (best after salaat,naafilah or fard)
- MAKE UP YOUR MIND NEVER TO GO BACK TO THE SIN AGAIN.

AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

(1) (Reply)

Everyone Of You Is A Sherperd And Responsible To His Flock / Help Needed In Here..! / YFT: Reasons Why Ramadan Is Special To Everybody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.