Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? (38229 Views)

Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Endowed Lady Causes Stirs With Her Backside At A Wedding Reception. / Guests Dance To "One Corner" At A Wedding (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Godson213: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Good afternoon my amiable family people. I am planning a wedding with my fiancée my budget is 500K. Will it be enough for food and drinks. People coming from my side aren’t that much. She is yoruba and her mum says she wants a low key wedding and she understands we are young couple. But I just want my money to be able to cover for most things so it doesn’t look poor or low class.

Even this 500k na struggle I struggle am. Babe is on my neck and her business is going good. Please I really want to know what is needed

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Harshreality: 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
Do not go above your financial capacity for a one day event.

The amount you need is dependent on several factors which include the kind of wedding you have in mind, the state, area which you plan to host it and others.

Cut down on some luxuries and 500k is more than enough.

276 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by DrPurple(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2020
Cut ur Cloth according to ur Size Sir.

Don't let Anybody Pressurize u to do more than ur Financial Capacity or Capability

There is still more after the Wedding.

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Sirmwill: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2020
Well
To be honest
You will need at least 2M for a "so that it doesn't look poor or a low class wedding"

Except you won't be including the wedding reception

41 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
It should be. Just manage the guest properly and use maybe her parent's house for everything.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Pete4: 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
500k...just go with what you have ...but u if want a grand wedding u can settle for 5M

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by zedegit: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
Godson213:
Good afternoon my amiable family people. I am planning a wedding with my fiancée my budget is 500K. Will it be enough for food and drinks. People coming from my side aren’t that much. She is yoruba and her mum says she wants a low key wedding and she understands we are young couple. But I just want my money to be able to cover for most things so it doesn’t look poor or low class.

Even this 500k na struggle I struggle am. Babe is on my neck and her business is going good. Please I really want to know what is needed

That is quite tricky.

Clothes alone have gulped #100 k.

Won't you hire hall? If you don't, you are in luck.

Video/ Photography has gulped atleast #50k

Decor/cake/ - #50k

Infact let the wedding hall serve as reception.
Share takeaways and a can of malt.

No mc/ no effizy.

Wedding ends with "I do". I now pronounce you man and wife.

Hurray. Congrats. Welcome to the league of those that sleep with wrapper for easy access.

177 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by micronut(m): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
Yoruba will say bi owo eku ba se mo n fi n boju " Na as rat hand small, na like that e dey take rub hin face". Work with what you have bro.

Your in-law have even made things easy for you.

200k will feed 400 people at N500 per meal. Cook rice like N250 worth. Drink of N100. Pure water of N50. Meat worth N100.

Spread 50k on your wedding attire - Get nice native & Affordable dresses. Like two styles.

Hold 50k for emergencies.

Get a hall or field for canopy, MC & DJ with the remaining 200k...

You can take pictures with phones and store in memory card and get them printed later.

Don't kill yourself with debts oo.

Meanwhile, guys check the 3D Wallclock for your home in my signature. Nice and beautiful for your sitting room, bed room and study room.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Olunmercy56(f): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
As for me, it's even too much

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by goldfish27(m): 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
Its too much wont you guys feed after the event?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by frozen70(f): 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2020
Godson213:

You are not impressing anyone to wed your wife

Get a caterer to give you budget for food and drink
Get the hall budget
Get the budget for her dress
Get for little bride and groom
Get your cloth budget
Get the souvenirs budget

Keep extra 50k in case its needed

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
This is why I like islammic Union. No too much unnecessary heavy Budget. Do your Nikka and everyone goes home happy and fulfilled undecided

34 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Bruno3000(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2020
BLUELemon:
This is why I like islammic Union. No too much unnecessary heavy Budget. Do your Nikka and everyone goes home happy and fulfilled undecided
Their girls don't marry Christian guys. I for don marry one.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Prof0fficial: 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2020
I wouldn't mind a low class wedding any day...but a high class life after wedding.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by DZTech: 12:16am On Aug 22, 2020
Godson213:

in dis coro period?
hope u have same amount in d bank to look after ur new family?
meanwhile, observe social distancing o-
20 people, max abi?

shop instagram 4 low cost cake. or una find who sabi bake 4 house.
two whole families go fall hand lyk dat? Haba!

tell ur friends & family to bring food, u supply drinks.
do ur reception in d family compound.

if I yer canopy or chair rentals, eh? angry
u both must know people with wedding clothes.
borrow.

let ur wedding be poor, but ur marriage be rich.
amen.

acanor shout

16 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Gloryinyou: 1:44am On Aug 22, 2020
Wedding invitations: word of mouth, phones and social media. Thanks to physical distancing by COVID-19
Bride’s outfit - 50k
Groom's suit, shoes, shirt - 30K
(let the bridesmaids and groomsmen support by buying their stuffs)
Dj - 10k
Mc - 10k
catering in this COVID-19 era -100k
Rings, Cake - 50k
photography - 50k
A few chairs, canopies, decoration - 50k
Change/miscellaneous - 150k
Check out my blog posts at www.gloryinyou.com to get more inspirations about lifestyle.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by CharmingJob(m): 7:22am On Aug 22, 2020
500k is much self.

Go to Island or send someone.

Bride's outfit plus shoes 20k
Your own outfit plus shoe 15k
DJ 5k
MC you suppose get friend wey fit help you na or highest 5k
Rings 10k
Cake 11k
Photography 15k
Chairs and all 15k
Foods 50k

You will still have plenty change left.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Noloss(f): 9:46am On Aug 22, 2020
That amount should be more than enough depending on your mind set. If you cut your cloth according to your size, it doesn't portray you as poor.

If you borrow more so you don't look poor and please people then struggle to pay debt and subject your family to hunger after marriage it portrays you poorer.

Be moderate and presentable. If you like kill 20cows, it will finish. Do what you are capable of so you don't start selling your wedding gift to feed after wedding.

11 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Steady259(m): 10:13am On Aug 22, 2020
Even 100k is enough...

Covid-19 should be your guide

12 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Godson213: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2020
CharmingJob:
500k is much self.

DJ 5k
Rings 10k
Cake 11k
Photography 15k
Chairs and all 15k
Foods 50k

Okay where can I get rings??

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Chummynoni(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2020
No do pass yourself . U stuggle gather 500k and u wan lavish am in one day..sha dont subject yur wife-to-be to suffering after wedding..#CALMDOWN

7 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by obinoral1179(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
CharmingJob:
500k is much self.

DJ 5k
Rings 10k
Cake 11k
Photography 15k
Chairs and all 15k
Foods 50k

photography 15k is it chinko camera they will use or what?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Busayobanks: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2020
person dey ask if 500k would be enough. when we just planned ours which is 370k. God na 370k we dey ask for pere.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Camelo: 8:17am On Aug 23, 2020
Well planned it's enough,one of my relatives did his wedding back then the guy is not ok financially and I realized that if ur determined u can do ur wedding....

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by DZTech: 10:28am On Aug 23, 2020
lalasticlala, happy Sunday.
fp , Tnx
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by 2dice01: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godson213:

Even this 500k na struggle I struggle am. Babe is on my neck and her business is going good . Please I really want to know what is needed
How much is the wife to be supporting the wedding Sir?

How much do you have apart from the 500k?

Hope you can answer these questions sir

15 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Mandela27: 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
Damn!men still don't wanna wake up.

That money would have helped you in a long way but instead you want to wed one Nigerian babe that will still ride her ex or one random dude later,then you will come back here and create another thread of infidelity.

Why not make her your baby mama instead and use the money for relevant stuffs as you're still a struggling niggar

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by Slawormir: 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
I was about to conclude by telling you yes
That the money will be enough

Untill i read the part of your story that states
She is yoruba

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by ekestic1976(f): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
Bro, even 20k is enough only cut your coat according to your cloth! There's life after a wedding ceremony, remember.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by ForeThinker: 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? by nNEOo(m): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
shocked

My budget is... 500k

why not, our budget is 500k

This one that her business is doing fine maybe you didn't even contribute up to 30% of the total money but you're on here claiming to foot the bill of an unplanned wedding budget of 500k. undecided

The spirit of entitlement is well pronounced on these shiit you wrote up there and you've not even walked her down the isle. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

These Wedding Pictures Got People Talking / Kenyan Man Who Spent N1.7M On His Son's Birthday Begs For Financial Assistance / Camp Gas Cylinders Shared At An Event (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.