Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet (2428 Views)

Borno Classroom Turned Into A Poultry Farm As Schools Remain Closed (photos) / Daycare Centres, Primary Schools Remain Closed – Sani Aliyu, PTF Coordinator / Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by TMSMedia: 12:19am On Aug 25, 2020
IgbereTV reports that the Federal Government has said although it has continued to engage stakeholders on the full resumption of schools, no date has been fixed yet for reopening.

The Federal Government also has urged students of tertiary institutions who have been protesting the continued closure of their schools to be a bit more patient with the government.

The Minister of State, Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, said this at Monday’s briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, expressing optimism that the date for resumption was around the corner, adding however “but we are not going to be brandishing dates.”

Nwajiuba disclosed that he and the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, had met some stakeholders in tertiary education earlier in the day on the issue.

He said about 78 universities, which are mainly privately-owned are insisting that they are ready for resumption while the response from government-owned universities are still “50-50.”

He added that after aggregating opinions, he would return to the PTF to review the situation and then go ahead to make a pronouncement.

https://igberetvnews.com/1362419/fg-schools-remain-closed-universities-reopening-yet/

Lalasticlala

Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by Ogamysamo: 12:30am On Aug 25, 2020
I see!
Govt owned are on 50-50 because they stil recieve their salary
Privately owned are fully ready because they need salary

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by Prechgold1180(m): 12:32am On Aug 25, 2020
Alright o
If dey like dey open �

1 Like

Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by SavageMaster: 1:04am On Aug 25, 2020
I don't understand why schools remain closed while every other place has reopened
Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by Vyzz: 1:54am On Aug 25, 2020
cool
Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by Bitwilky(m): 5:04am On Aug 25, 2020
...we are not denying the fact that there is covid-19 or not, but everything boils down on selfishness, personal interest, my before yours, just me and my family. The truth is, we are put our interest forward before others.
Government owned institutions are still behaving lackadaisically because they felt no pain, their salary is full and steady monthly, unlike the privates, no work, no pay. Slash the salary of those on the government part, since they are not working, and still receiving full salary, my brother, the story will change.
Human being always fill less concerned, I don't care attitude because they are not the one directly involved, let it be then, you will see the story changed.

FLASH: South-Africa with the highest number of covid-19 just open school for all classes yesterday... but here down naija, our Government and ASUU are still playing mind games. The government will say one thing, ASUU will say another...

4 Likes

Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by Dreamliner787(m): 6:10am On Aug 25, 2020
Ogamysamo:
I see!

Good point.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by paulolee(m): 6:20am On Aug 25, 2020
hmm. i jus tire for naija matter..
Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by paulolee(m): 6:21am On Aug 25, 2020
Ogamysamo:
I see!
now you getting the main point, all these guys dnt gv a fck abt covid or the students, its jus abt the muller for them..
Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by exynos(m): 6:24am On Aug 25, 2020
Bitwilky:
...we are not denying the fact that there is covid-19 or not, but everything boils down on selfishness, personal interest, my before yours, just me and my family. The truth is, we are put our interest forward before others.
Government owned institutions are still behaving lackadaisically because they felt no pain, their salary is full and steady monthly, unlike the privates, no work, no pay. Slash the salary of those on the government part, since they are not working, and still receiving full salary, my brother, the story will change.
Human being always fill less concerned, I don't care attitude because they are not the one directly involved, let it be then, you will see the story changed.

FLASH: South-Africa with the highest number of covid-19 just open school for all classes yesterday... but here down naija, our Government and ASUU are still playing mind games. The government will say one thing, ASUU will say another...

Wow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by kozmokaz(m): 6:53am On Aug 25, 2020
Nigeria my country
Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by lilbarracuda(m): 7:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Bunch of idiots ruling this country
Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by MAGG0T(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2020
It

Shall

Never Be Well With Buhari

And His useless

Ministers They Will End Up Shamefully.
Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by Geestarry(f): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2020
Why not check out my signature
Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by AmnotMe: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
with the way i am positioned; there is no way am
goin to be able to afford an android phone. Am earning o, but not enough. Its just to put
food on the table.
Am Currently using nokie5 symbian phone, one
kind man gifted me that last yr after i sold my
phone to raise money for stuffs. With the trend of new smartphone looks now;
some of you will hv old android phone u r not
using cos of the outdated look and all. Brother,
sister, i will gladly accept anyone u throw at me as
long it can do whatsapp. and i will go on to say a
heart deep prayer for you(i know u r blessed already) just to appreciate. Yes; am begging i know.

1 Like

Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by Shellsploit: 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ogamysamo:
I see!
Re: FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet by IamPlato(m): 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
Wetin concern my life....

(1) (Reply)

Olashore International School! Any Help? / More About Nda / When Is Nda Result Coming Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.