Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Please Help My Heartbroken Sister - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help My Heartbroken Sister (2884 Views)

Help My Iphone 13 Pro Camera Is Thrash. / Please Help, My Android Phone (itel S31) Just Stopped Browsing. / HELP!! My Airtel Social Bundle Cannot Open Facebook, Google And Gmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by shamhoodd(m): 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
Good afternoon nairalander
Please pardon my typos as this is very urgent.
We sent money (20thousand naira) to my sister from home to help her cater for some needs but she mistakenly used all the 20thousand naira to purchase glo airtime while trying to send the money to POS agent she want to withdraw from.

Please anyone interested in purchasing the Glo airtime should Contact me please as this is very urgent or drop your contact so that for me
My WhatsApp line is 08182893061 and mobile is 08160261877.

It’s very urgent please.
I can bargain for a cut price deal if need be.
But help us please.

Cc:
Lalasticala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by tee59(f): 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
I don't understand this. How is it possible to withdraw money from any POS agent and still mistakenly recharged airtime with it? Or was she trying to transfer the money from her phone to the agent? Was the mistake from your sister or the agent? Even when using any bank code for transactions, instructions are there to follow . Please, I don't get this?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by phyya(f): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
tee59:
I don't understand this. How is it possible to withdraw money from any POS agent and still mistakenly recharged airtime with it? Or was she trying to transfer the money from her phone to the agent? Was the mistake from your sister or the agent? Even when using any bank code for transactions, instructions are there to follow . Please, I don't get this?
I think she was trying to send the money to the POS agent instead of using an ATM card. So during the USSD transaction, she absent-mindedly selected airtime instead of transfer, and imputed #20k. This is even very sad to type. I feel her pain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by phyya(f): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
phyya:

I think she was trying to send the money to the POS agent instead of using an ATM card. So during the USSD transaction, she absent-mindedly selected airtime instead of transfer, and imputed #20k. This is even very sad to type. I feel her pain
There was a time I almost did such. After absent-mindedly selecting airtime, the amount and imputing the mobile number ( which I thought was an account number), I waited to select a destination bank but it didn't come up. Then i was asked for pin. Omo, my senses returned ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by leonard002(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
I think you can sell on Jumia pay
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
Does She Pay Tithe 4 Experiencing Such Misfortune?
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
There is something about this story, you know that account number and phone number are different.

Even if she selected airtime instead of transfer.

1. She would be required to input phone number. (let's say she didn't see that one)

2. She will likely input the POS agent's account number, because the agent would be calling out his/her account number. (error message would be shown here)

*Let's assumed the POS agent didn't remember his account number and decided to call out his phone number instead.

3. She will reach a section in the USSD that ask for confirmation. The AIRTIME amount and PHONE NUMBER would be stated there. (I guess she didn't see this one too)

4. The length of phone number and account number are different. Phone coding are usually different from bank account too e.g. 080, 081, etc
Do you mean she Dodge all these.
There are site where she may sell them.

18 Likes

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by daywalker02: 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
phyya:

No Bank will allow u buy 20k airtime in a day, the daily limit is 5k, once u hit 5k, u can't buy again

6 Likes

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Clicked: 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
daywalker02:

No Bank will allow u buy 20k airtime in a day, the daily limit is 5k, once u hit 5k, u can't buy again

No talk am oo. This is exactly what happened to my brother some months ago, 20k too. Although his was through USSD code. The network has done their part by reversing it. We are now waiting for the bank to credit him. The whole thing has taken months.
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by cutiedave(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
There is something about this story, you know that account number and phone number are different.

1. She would be required to input phone number. (let's say she didn't see that one)

2. She will likely input the POS agent's account number, because the agent would be calling out his/her account number. (error message would be shown here)

*Let's assumed the POS agent didn't remember his account number and decided to call out his phone number instead.

3. She will reach a section in the USSD that ask for confirmation. The AIRTIME amount and PHONE NUMBER would be stated there. (did she also didn't see this one too)

4. The length of phone number and account number are different. Phone coding are usually different from bank account too e.g. 080, 081, etc

correct...but you don't have to input a phone number when self recharging...

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
cutiedave:

correct...but you don't have to input a phone number when self recharging...
I've known a few bank and N10,000 is the maximum amount at a time. BTW she will get a message requesting her to pick recharge for self or recharge for others, you don't see such in transfers.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by ChiefZaddy: 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
Use Aimtoget.com
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Vyzz: 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
May she be healed
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Rickmann: 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
shamhoodd:
We sent money (20thousand naira) to my sister from home to help her cater for some needs but she mistakenly used all the 20thousand naira to purchase glo airtime while trying to send the money to POS agent she want to withdraw from.

Please anyone interested in purchasing the Glo airtime should Contact me please as this is very urgent or drop your contact so that for me

It’s very urgent please.
But help us please.

Cc:
Lalasticala
Mynd44

Kai..
It would ve been easier to sell out if it was mtn..i feel her pain.
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by otes35: 12:00am On Aug 26, 2020
shamhoodd:

It’s very urgent please.
But help us please.

Cc:
Lalasticala
Mynd44
I think there's a website u can convert that. Just do some research. It's a Nigeria company, I just can't remember d name rn
Patricia.com.ng . that's it
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Tolzeal(m): 12:24am On Aug 26, 2020
shamhoodd:

It’s very urgent please.
But help us please.

Cc:
Lalasticala
Mynd44

Sell it all to partricia
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Uzowee(m): 2:10am On Aug 26, 2020
shamhoodd:

It’s very urgent please.
But help us please.

Cc:
Lalasticala
Mynd44

Exchange the airtime for cash on merrybills
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by just2endowed: 2:46am On Aug 26, 2020
Hmmm in my case, a guy send me airtime claiming my last two digits number end on 80 and his end in 00. And that he just bought the line for his girlfriend. They flash me with the said line 00. I reason with them but my own vtu didn't work that day.

Next 4 days, the same person transfer airtime again and this time, two times. The dude called again and said exact same story. He even forgot I have not refund him the previous 1k airtime he sent. I smell foul because he can't be making mistakes 3 times just like that or is he using my line to cover his track? so I told him to call me back.

I contacted mtn on Twitter of my suspicion and they tolf me the guy did etransact via vtu. I told mtn to revert the money back. Mtn told me to contact the guy and of both of us agreed, money will be revert out of my mtn account balance to his bank. Meanwhile, this guy have been chatting with me on sms blasting me. I told him I have reported to mtn support and mtn said he should contact them for the money to be refund. He abused me and told me to chop the money.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Karleb(m): 3:17am On Aug 26, 2020
just2endowed:
Hmmm in my case, a guy send me airtime claiming my last two digits number end on 80 and his end in 00. And that he just bought the line for his girlfriend. They flash me with the said line 00. I reason with them but my own vtu didn't work that day.

Next 4 days, the same person transfer airtime again and this time, two times. The dude called again and said exact same story. He even forgot I have not refund him the previous 1k airtime he sent. I smell foul because he can't be making mistakes 3 times just like that or is he using my line to cover his track? so I told him to call me back.

I contacted mtn on Twitter of my suspicion and they tolf me the guy did etransact via vtu. I told mtn to revert the money back. Mtn told me to contact the guy and of both of us agreed, money will be revert out of my mtn account balance to his bank. Meanwhile, this guy have been chatting with me on sms blasting me. I told him I have reported to mtn support and mtn said he should contact them for the money to be refund. He abused me and told me to chop the money.

The guy lacks manner. Chop the card.

But which kain name you take store the number? undecided cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:11am On Aug 26, 2020
tee59:
That is very very possible.
Hope you understand the explanations of pyyha below your post?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:12am On Aug 26, 2020
daywalker02:

Really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by femi4: 6:11am On Aug 26, 2020
Truvel:
Does She Pay Tithe 4 Experiencing Such Misfortune?
So Job didn't pay tithe...oshisko

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by phyya(f): 7:45am On Aug 26, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

3. She will reach a section in the USSD that ask for confirmation. The AIRTIME amount and PHONE NUMBER would be stated there. (I guess she didn't see this one too)

Maybe her mind wandered off and she wasn't paying concentration. It can be a honest mistake.
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by grafixdon: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

Wrong information.

Something like that happens to me about a year ago, I was trying to withdraw some money at Zenith atm terminal. The machine was programmed in such a way you'll press airtime instead of withdraw.

To my utmost surprise, I was credited ten thousand airtime.
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by jidxin(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2020
shamhoodd:

It’s very urgent please.
But help us please.

Cc:
Lalasticala
Mynd44

the maximum amout for card from bank is 10k
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2020
grafixdon:

Wrong information.

Something like that happens to me about a year ago, I was trying to withdraw some money at Zenith atm terminal. The machine was programmed in such a way you'll press airtime instead of withdraw.

I've seen that airtime thing on ATM but, when it reaches the place to input phone number. It was quite obvious that phone number and account number was different. Anyways, since it was POS agent, the agent would likely call out his account number for the transfer. If you input account number in place of phone number. You might get this error : invalid beneficiary.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by jidxin(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2020
grafixdon:

Wrong information.

even at that the maximum for all bank is 10k
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:16am On Aug 26, 2020
phyya:

Maybe her mind wandered off and she wasn't paying concentration. It can be a honest mistake.
Might be but, bank uses N10,000 as maximum airtime funding per transaction. N20,000 is too much. Does it mean that she repeated the mistake twice even after seeing multiple notifications from the first one (N10,000).

Good morning
Re: Please Help My Heartbroken Sister by Denique(f): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Recover Contacts, Phone Numbers From Samsung Galaxy S6/s5/s4/note 4/3 / MTN AWOOF!! Credit #30 For 5000 Airtime Quickly Te Soju E / MTN 10gb For 2500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.