Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,257 members, 7,849,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings (2241 Views)

Tecno Pova 6 Pro 5g Review: An In-depth Look At The All-around Smartphone / Companies that mocked Apple for removing the charger, will do the same now / 5 Ways You Answer Phone Call In Public That Make You Look Local (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
atheistandproud:

That's actually the proper name for it tho.

I'm sure you've upgraded sha.

Lmaoo
cool cool
I have

1 Like

Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
Darkhyve:

Lmaoo cool cool I have
that's good to hear

1 Like

Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

Sorry boss.

Pouvoir 3 masquerades as a budget device but it's actually an entry level phone.

The SoC is actually MT6739, a very miniscule increment from MT6737 used on the Pouvoir 2.

But yes you're absolutely right, that GE 8100 is nothing to write home about.
bros which phone of 45k I fit buy? I want either xiaomi,Nokia or any other good brand with available parts.
What I need in a phone:
Memory (both ram and ROM)
Long screen
Make e no dey hang
Etc
I no care about camera bcus I no dey take pics
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Osasnidas(m): 8:42am On Aug 28, 2020
What of the Mali G72 MP3 that comes with helio P60?
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2020
Osasnidas:
What of the Mali G72 MP3 that comes with helio P60?

It's a C Class GPU.

C Class GPUs are mostly found on lower mid-rangers.
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 11:27am On Aug 28, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
bros which phone of 45k I fit buy? I want either xiaomi,Nokia or any other good brand with available parts.
What I need in a phone:
Long screen
Make e no dey hang
Etc

Your budget sha is only good for a Budget class or Entry level phone.

Your budget is only good for a 2GB RAM/32 GB internal memory at best

Nokia doesn't really do long screens, that is the area of Xiaomi and Samsung

Off the top of my head I can say

Samsung A10 (slightly above your budget at around 50k)

Redmi 8A (44k) SD439 2/32 average cameras no gcam

Redmi 9A (42k) Helio G25 2/32 average cameras no gcam

Redmi 9C (46k) Helio G35 2/32 decent cameras

Umidigi A7 pro (47k) Helio P23 average cameras

Nokia 4.2 and Nokia 3.2

These above listed phones are good but don't expect too much from them.
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Vecto(m): 11:49am On Aug 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

Nokia 4.2 and Nokia 3.2

What about 55k?
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2020
Vecto:

What about 55k?
Redmi 8
Redmi 9
Nokia X5
Samsung A20
Umidigi power
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
What I need in a phone:
Long screen
Make e no dey hang
Etc
hmmmmm
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
hmmmmm
Haaa
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Olamyyde(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
Unbiased1:
Adreno 530 in old snapdragon 820 is more powerful than the GPU in snapdragon 665 shocked cheesy
More reason why I will stick to Lg G5 than upgrade to redmi note 8 cool
This is from notebookcheck.net.

Too many people dey underrate sd 665 for my liking.

1 Like

Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Olamyyde(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
atheistandproud:

I agree with you on this.
Hmmm

Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by ksly24(m): 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Vecto:

What about 55k?
You can get a UK used LG v30 with that amount
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by ksly24(m): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Olamyyde:

Hmmm
Only one source?
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
Olamyyde:

Hmmm

While the Adreno 610 is newer and alone is better.

Remember that GPUs work with processor cores.

Here we're referring to the performance of GPUs matched with two processors.

The SD 820 will give the Adreno 530 a slight leg up over the SD 665 paired with the Adreno 618.

It's no brainer.

If he had said Adreno 618 alone against the Adreno 530, I would have disagreed with him.

But moving forward sha, I think with newer games and app updates, the SD665 will thrive more as it is newer and has a better instruction set architecture.

Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
atheistandproud:

Qualcomm had games specifically optimized for their adreno GPUs by giving all the source codes and instruction sets to game developers to work with.

So that games run smoothly on their SoCs.

Apple does the same too.

Mali and Power VR do not.
bro how is the battery of the Nokia 4.2&4.3? Does it last long? I just weak bro......I dont know which phone to buy.
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
bro how is the battery of the Nokia 4.2&4.3? Does it last long? I just weak bro......I dont know which phone to buy.

Check the Nokia thread
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by OLUWABIG(m): 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
The more I read this the more I get angry with my Samsung A30s
It comes with Mali - G71 cry cry
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 12:29am On Nov 26, 2020
OLUWABIG:
The more I read this the more I get angry with my Samsung A30s
It comes with Mali - G71 cry cry

Exynos 7904

Budget phone.

There's no difference between the A30 and A30s by the way
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by OLUWABIG(m): 12:24am On Dec 01, 2020
atheistandproud:

Exynos 7904

Budget phone.

There's no difference between the A30 and A30s by the way
But it doesn't lag too much sha
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2020
OLUWABIG:
But it doesn't lag too much sha
Depends on the apps you're using, the ones left in the background etc.
But overall, it doesn't lag too much.
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by OLUWABIG(m): 10:04am On Dec 02, 2020
atheistandproud:

Depends on the apps you're using, the ones left in the background etc.

But overall, it doesn't lag too much.
I play Asphalt 9
PES
NFS No Limit
Cover Fire

All set at high graphics
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Nairalandwizerd(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2020
Hakeem12:
Tech is moving fast no shiit. The adreno 618 paired with the SD720G is pretty impressive. My cousin bought redmi note 9s last week, and we put it to some test. It played pubg at 60fps effortlessly, NBA2k at high settings too. Fortnite though was locked on 30fps, I don't know if the game is that powerful or just poorly optmized.

Now I wonder whether SoCs like the SD665 would even run fortnite. Never tried it on my RN8 though. But then at least, I know I'm fairing better than some people that bought devices with Helio A22 and want to play Pubg on high settings grin
see finishing, A22.
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Nairalandwizerd(m): 10:20am On Dec 02, 2020
WinningEleven:
No wonder my phone couldn't play PUBG Mobile lite even at the lowest settings.
I use a Power VR 8100 GPU and I just realized it's the worst of the worst.
Imagine.
1.28gHz slow CPU.
Slow Quad core.
Out dated MT6761
Out dated Power VR 8100 GPU

And I wasted 40k on this pouvoir 3.

It shall not be well with Transsion
tecno is the best smartphone maker in the world. Stop discrediting my dearest tecno, tecno has best cpu, best battery and best ram. Thix is fake news, social media must be regulate, in full voice.
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Chrs1996(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
atheistandproud:

Nokia 4.2 and Nokia 3.2

can u send me links to download gcam for lg g7 thinq

1 Like

Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 1:38am On Dec 04, 2020
OLUWABIG:
I play Asphalt 9 PES NFS No Limit Cover Fire
All set at high graphics
Medium settings should boost performance and reduce lag tho.
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 1:39am On Dec 04, 2020
Chrs1996:

I'm not sure if it supports GCam tho.

check the celsoavedo site sha
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by atheistandproud(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2020
Chrs1996:

Oya I have found one.

Come to Telegram

Search for @thephotographyacademy

I'll be there

1 Like

Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by OLUWABIG(m): 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
atheistandproud:

Medium settings should boost performance and reduce lag tho.

Good idea I will try that
Re: An In-depth Look At Gpus, The Companies That Make Gpus And Their Rankings by Chrs1996(m): 8:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
atheistandproud:

Oya I have found one.

Come to Telegram

Search for @thephotographyacademy

I'll be there
am not on telegram

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Weekly Data Is A Scam! / Iphone 6, 5s And Sport Neckfan Fast Sales / How Do I End This Scam Once And For All?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.