Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? (839 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? / God's Answer For Spiritual Warfare - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
WHY DOESN'T GOD ANSWER MY PRAYERS?

“So, I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” (Luke 11:9)

We pray, but get no answers. We've prayed so long, so hard, without any results. “Doesn't He see my needs?" ..."Doesn't He care about me?". "If God's ear is open to my prayer, and I pray diligently, why is there such little evidence of His answering?" Things go on as usual - nothing happens. "How long must I wait?" Is there one certain prayer you have been praying for a long time, and has not been answered?

The devil's final strategy in deceiving believers is to make them doubt the faithfulness of God in answering prayer. Satan would have us believe that God has shut His ears to our cry and left us to work things out for ourselves. Let us be careful not to charge God, as did Job, with being slothful; and unconcerned about our needs and petitions. Job complained, “I cry out to you, but you do not answer me; I stand up, and you do not regard me " (Job 30:20). His vision of God's faithfulness was clouded by his present difficulties, and he ended up accusing God of forgetting him. God rebuked him soundly for it.

The first thing you need to be assured of, is that God knows your needs before you even ask (Matthew 6:cool. He cares unequivocally about you, "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11). We have great assurance that He hears every prayer, “In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.” (Psalm 18:6).

Below are some of the reasons why our prayers are not answered:

1. Our Prayers can be hindered by a secret grudge lodged in the heart against another. If you know that someone has a legitimate grievance against you, how can you sincerely approach God in prayer? Uncorrected problems with brethren are extremely detrimental. Christ will not deal with anyone with a wrathful and unforgiving spirit. We are commanded to "lay aside all malice, envy, and evil speaking, and as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word" (1 Peter 2:1, 2). , ‘Lift up holy hands, without wrath and doubting, Our prayer may be hindered—by lying in any sin we commit against God (“ If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear - Psalm 66:18”.) or, in wrath, by not forgiving our brother/sister ( “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” - Mark 11:25-26).

Remember the Lord’s prayer "FORGIVE US, AS WE FORGIVE OTHERS”

2. Our Prayers are not answered when they are not in accordance to God's Will. We can pray for whatsoever we will, as long as it is his will. "If we ask anything according to His will, He hears us" (1 John 5:14). The disciples were not praying according to God's will when they prayed with vindictiveness and revenge. They petitioned God, "Shall we command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" Jesus answered, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of" (Luke 9:54, 55). Daniel prayed the right way. First, he went to the Scriptures and searched out the mind of God. Having gotten clear direction, and sure of God's will, he runs to God's throne with a mighty assurance. "And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer" (Daniel 9:3). WE KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT WHAT WE WANT AND TOO LITTLE ABOUT WHAT HE WANTS.

3. Our prayers are not answered because of our lustful and worldly desires. God always hears our prayers. He loves us and wants the very best for us. But we don’t necessarily understand and pray for what is the very best for us. Our prayer purposes are wrong when we ask blessings for the use and encouragement of our worldly desires. "Ye ask and receive not because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lust" (James 4:3). We pray to wear good clothes to gratify our pride and not glorify God. If we seek anything that we may serve God with, we may expect that he will grant our heart desires. He sees the beginning from the end, and He has many things to teach us. We can plan out our life and think we have everything under control. But as we see in Isaiah 55:8-9, God’s thoughts are often different than ours. As humans, we are drawn towards seeking earthly things that will pass away(temporal) but neglect the heavenly things that are eternal (Matthew 6: 19 -21). But God’s thoughts are of transforming us from our earthly human tendencies and creating something divine through our situations in life.

If God doesn't give us what we are asking for, we have to remember that He has a good plan and a purpose for everything in our lives and He only wants the very best for us. He is looking at everything from an eternal perspective. Our time on earth is meant to prepare us for eternity. God cares about our physical needs, but He is infinitely more concerned about our spiritual needs and growth. OUR PURPOSES MUST BE RIGHT DURING PRAYERS.

4. Our prayers are not answered when we prescribe to God how He should answer. Those who prescribe to God how and when to answer actually limit the Holy one of Israel. Since God will not bring the answer in the front door, they are not aware of His coming through the back door. They trust only in conclusions and not promises. But God will not be bound up to time, manner, or means of answering. He will forever do exceedingly, abundantly more than we ask or think of asking. He will answer with health; or grace that is better than health. He will send love, or something beyond it. He will deliver, or do something even greater. Just because our prayers are not answered exactly when or how we want should never cause us to lose confidence in the heavenly Father.

One of the greatest things we can do to ensure our prayers are heard and answered is to fortify our faith in our God and to trust Him to answer our prayers in the way that is best for us. LEAVE YOUR REQUESTS LODGED IN HIS POWERFUL ARMS AND PATIENTLY WAIT FOR ANSWERS.

5. Our prayers are not answered because of lack of faith. A lack of faith can certainly hinder one’s prayers. James declares that we must pray “in faith, don’t doubt” (James 1:6). He describes the doubter as being like the restless sea. He has two minds—one of faith and the other of doubt. Hence, he shall not receive his requests from the Lord. Prayer is the bow, the promise is the arrow, and faith the hand which draws the bow, and sends this arrow with the heart's message to heaven. The bow without the arrow is of no use, and the arrow without the bow has little worth; and both (arrow and bow) without the strength of the hand, serves no purpose. Neither the promise without prayer, nor prayer without the promise, nor both without faith, benefit the Christian. Unbelieving fears rob the believer of joy and confidence in God. God does not hear all prayer - He hears only believing prayer. Prayer is the only weapon we have against all the fiery darkness of the enemy. That weapon must be used in great confidence, or else we have no other defense against Satan's lies. In a world of doubt and confusion, how can we have confidence that God is truly listening and responding to our prayers. HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

6. Our prayers are not answered because of pride. No one is qualified to approach the great God of the universe with a spirit of smugness. He is the Lord, God Almighty (Genesis 17:1). We are but dust (Genesis 3:19). “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6). While we are to pray with truly humble hearts, a balanced view acknowledges that, due to the work of our great high priest, Jesus, we may draw near “with boldness unto the throne of grace” (Hebrew 4:16). Arrogance can negate prayer. Humility will bless it.

7. One of the reasons we feel our prayers are not being answered, is because we stop praying. "Pray without ceasing." (1 Thessalonians 5:17). We should be rest assured that God hears our prayers. What we should be worried about is if because of temptations, hard times, and trials we get discouraged, and give up praying. In Luke 18:1, Jesus, “spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.

“He has made everything beautiful in its time.” (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Let that sink in. God is prepared and ready to make this season of waiting beautiful if you can only hold out until the time is right. Sometimes God’s timing does not align with our timing. “In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Philippians 4:6) KEEP PRAYING.

8. If we don't spend time learning God's word and obeying what we learned, we should not expect God to answer our prayers. King Solomon says in the book of Proverbs, that prayers made from a hardened heart are an abomination to God. “If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination” (Proverbs 28:9). God gives us His word, so He can speak to us. If we disobey what He teaches, He will not answer our prayers.

9. There are many things that we will never know, or understand, the unsearchable things of God... things like, why are some people healed and others aren't? Why are some people spared from tragedies and others aren't? ... We need to know that when our prayers aren't answered, it doesn't mean that we are necessarily doing something wrong, sometimes we can be doing everything right. Remember, when we are living a life that is pleasing to God, we are more of a target for the enemy. We live in a fallen world and there is evil in this world. God created this world to be perfect, but sin entered in. God does not cause evil nor cause anyone to sin or do bad things, yet God gets blamed for a lot of things that are not His doing. God made a way for us through Jesus, and God does promise to work all things together for good for those who love Him. He will redeem what the enemy has planned for our harm, what the enemy hoped would be a stumbling block to our faith, God will turn around and redeem and use for our good and His glory.

The longer a prayer is delayed, the more perfect it will come forth at last. Also, the deeper the silence, the louder the answer. If God is delaying, it simply means your request is gaining interest in God's bank of blessings.

“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” (1 John 5: 14- 15)

James Dina
08035602633(WhatsApp Only)
Jodina5@gmail.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Missyajoke(f): 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nice
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
This is spiritually sound.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by urchcoded(m): 10:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
It might be because he doesn't exist and you are just talking to yourself. But you don't wanna hear this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Exmilitant(m): 6:33am On Aug 27, 2020
8. Our prayers are not answered because the Jewish God we are trying to demand something from is busy attending to his very own people.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 27, 2020
Jeremiah 32:27 -- Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Exmilitant:
8. Our prayers are not answered because the Jewish God we are trying to demand something from is busy attending to his very own people.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 27, 2020
Isaiah 40:28 --- Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable

urchcoded:
It might be because he doesn't exist and you are just talking to yourself. But you don't wanna hear this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Ehiscotch(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
This is a masterpiece. I took a cursory read at first but returned only to read again.

It's a wonderful piece.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
urchcoded:
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
All Glory be to Almighty God

Ehiscotch:
This is a masterpiece. I took a cursory read at first but returned only to read again.

It's a wonderful piece.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by adoyi8: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
Imagine if everytime we try to make call our call doesnt go through and MTN keep giving us excuses like we didn't have enough Faith. Imagine if the only evidence we have about calls are testimonies from people we don't know and are far between do you think we will still waste our money on buying phones and trying to make calls?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
adoyi8:
Imagine if everytime we try to make call our call doesnt go through and MTN keep giving us excuses like we didn't have enough Faith. Imagine if the only evidence we have about calls are testimonies from people we don't know and are far between do you think we will still waste our money on buying phones and trying to make calls?

When you buy a phone and before you subscribe to network providers, do you carefully read through the instruction manual to operate your mobile device and how to make the best use of the network?

Think of those who also buy exactly what you bought but only listens to different contradicting opinions of people whose phones aren't working as expected?

Well the privilege of prayer was given for a specific reason, most people don't understand this so they're abusing the privilege by asking for things that has no relevance to God,

Imagine if God wants to grant people's wishes, and one said "i want to be the traffic controller whenever i'm on the road so that nobody could reach their destination before i reach mine" embarassed
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
Correct

Maximus69:

When you buy a phone and before you subscribe to network providers, do you carefully read through the instruction manual to operate your mobile device and how to make the best use of the network?

Think of those who also buy exactly what you bought but only listens to different contradicting opinions of people whose phones aren't working as expected?

Well the privilege of prayer was given for a specific reason, most people don't understand this so they're abusing the privilege by asking for things that has no relevance to God,

Imagine if God wants to grant people's wishes, and one said "i want to be the traffic controller whenever i'm on the road so that nobody could reach their destination before i reach mine" embarassed
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 4:08am On Aug 30, 2020
God hears all our prayers but we do not always receive what we ask for. When we ask God for something, the response will be ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ or ‘Wait.

May the Almighty God say YES to our prayers today, in Jesus name, Amen.

jodina:

“So, I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” (Luke 11:9)

We pray, but get no answers. We've prayed so long, so hard, without any results. “Doesn't He see my needs?" ..."Doesn't He care about me?". "If God's ear is open to my prayer, and I pray diligently, why is there such little evidence of His answering?" Things go on as usual - nothing happens. "How long must I wait?" Is there one certain prayer you have been praying for a long time, and has not been answered?

The devil's final strategy in deceiving believers is to make them doubt the faithfulness of God in answering prayer. Satan would have us believe that God has shut His ears to our cry and left us to work things out for ourselves. Let us be careful not to charge God, as did Job, with being slothful; and unconcerned about our needs and petitions. Job complained, “I cry out to you, but you do not answer me; I stand up, and you do not regard me " (Job 30:20). His vision of God's faithfulness was clouded by his present difficulties, and he ended up accusing God of forgetting him. God rebuked him soundly for it.

The first thing you need to be assured of, is that God knows your needs before you even ask (Matthew 6:cool. He cares unequivocally about you, "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11). We have great assurance that He hears every prayer, “In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.” (Psalm 18:6).

1. Our Prayers can be hindered by a secret grudge lodged in the heart against another. If you know that someone has a legitimate grievance against you, how can you sincerely approach God in prayer? Uncorrected problems with brethren are extremely detrimental. Christ will not deal with anyone with a wrathful and unforgiving spirit. We are commanded to "lay aside all malice, envy, and evil speaking, and as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word" (1 Peter 2:1, 2). , ‘Lift up holy hands, without wrath and doubting, Our prayer may be hindered—by lying in any sin we commit against God (“ If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear - Psalm 66:18”.) or, in wrath, by not forgiving our brother/sister ( “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” - Mark 11:25-26).

2. Our Prayers are not answered when they are not in accordance to God's Will. We can pray for whatsoever we will, as long as it is his will. "If we ask anything according to His will, He hears us" (1 John 5:14). The disciples were not praying according to God's will when they prayed with vindictiveness and revenge. They petitioned God, "Shall we command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" Jesus answered, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of" (Luke 9:54, 55). Daniel prayed the right way. First, he went to the Scriptures and searched out the mind of God. Having gotten clear direction, and sure of God's will, he runs to God's throne with a mighty assurance. "And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer" (Daniel 9:3). WE KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT WHAT WE WANT AND TOO LITTLE ABOUT WHAT HE WANTS.

3. Our prayers are not answered because of our lustful and worldly desires. God always hears our prayers. He loves us and wants the very best for us. But we don’t necessarily understand and pray for what is the very best for us. Our prayer purposes are wrong when we ask blessings for the use and encouragement of our worldly desires. "Ye ask and receive not because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lust" (James 4:3). We pray to wear good clothes to gratify our pride and not glorify God. If we seek anything that we may serve God with, we may expect that he will grant our heart desires. He sees the beginning from the end, and He has many things to teach us. We can plan out our life and think we have everything under control. But as we see in Isaiah 55:8-9, God’s thoughts are often different than ours. As humans, we are drawn towards seeking earthly things that will pass away(temporal) but neglect the heavenly things that are eternal (Matthew 6: 19 -21). But God’s thoughts are of transforming us from our earthly human tendencies and creating something divine through our situations in life.

If God doesn't give us what we are asking for, we have to remember that He has a good plan and a purpose for everything in our lives and He only wants the very best for us. He is looking at everything from an eternal perspective. Our time on earth is meant to prepare us for eternity. God cares about our physical needs, but He is infinitely more concerned about our spiritual needs and growth. OUR PURPOSES MUST BE RIGHT DURING PRAYERS.

4. Our prayers are not answered when we prescribe to God how He should answer. Those who prescribe to God how and when to answer actually limit the Holy one of Israel. Since God will not bring the answer in the front door, they are not aware of His coming through the back door. They trust only in conclusions and not promises. But God will not be bound up to time, manner, or means of answering. He will forever do exceedingly, abundantly more than we ask or think of asking. He will answer with health; or grace that is better than health. He will send love, or something beyond it. He will deliver, or do something even greater. Just because our prayers are not answered exactly when or how we want should never cause us to lose confidence in the heavenly Father.

One of the greatest things we can do to ensure our prayers are heard and answered is to fortify our faith in our God and to trust Him to answer our prayers in the way that is best for us. LEAVE YOUR REQUESTS LODGED IN HIS POWERFUL ARMS AND PATIENTLY WAIT FOR ANSWERS.

5. Our prayers are not answered because of lack of faith. A lack of faith can certainly hinder one’s prayers. James declares that we must pray “in faith, don’t doubt” (James 1:6). He describes the doubter as being like the restless sea. He has two minds—one of faith and the other of doubt. Hence, he shall not receive his requests from the Lord. Prayer is the bow, the promise is the arrow, and faith the hand which draws the bow, and sends this arrow with the heart's message to heaven. The bow without the arrow is of no use, and the arrow without the bow has little worth; and both (arrow and bow) without the strength of the hand, serves no purpose. Neither the promise without prayer, nor prayer without the promise, nor both without faith, benefit the Christian. Unbelieving fears rob the believer of joy and confidence in God. God does not hear all prayer - He hears only believing prayer. Prayer is the only weapon we have against all the fiery darkness of the enemy. That weapon must be used in great confidence, or else we have no other defense against Satan's lies. In a world of doubt and confusion, how can we have confidence that God is truly listening and responding to our prayers. HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

6. Our prayers are not answered because of pride. No one is qualified to approach the great God of the universe with a spirit of smugness. He is the Lord, God Almighty (Genesis 17:1). We are but dust (Genesis 3:19). “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6). While we are to pray with truly humble hearts, a balanced view acknowledges that, due to the work of our great high priest, Jesus, we may draw near “with boldness unto the throne of grace” (Hebrew 4:16). Arrogance can negate prayer. Humility will bless it.

7. One of the reasons we feel our prayers are not being answered, is because we stop praying. "Pray without ceasing." (1 Thessalonians 5:17). We should be rest assured that God hears our prayers. What we should be worried about is if because of temptations, hard times, and trials we get discouraged, and give up praying. In Luke 18:1, Jesus, “spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.

“He has made everything beautiful in its time.” (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Let that sink in. God is prepared and ready to make this season of waiting beautiful if you can only hold out until the time is right. Sometimes God’s timing does not align with our timing. “In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Philippians 4:6) KEEP PRAYING.

8. If we don't spend time learning God's word and obeying what we learned, we should not expect God to answer our prayers. King Solomon says in the book of Proverbs, that prayers made from a hardened heart are an abomination to God. “If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination” (Proverbs 28:9). God gives us His word, so He can speak to us. If we disobey what He teaches, He will not answer our prayers.

9. There are many things that we will never know, or understand, the unsearchable things of God... things like, why are some people healed and others aren't? Why are some people spared from tragedies and others aren't? ... We need to know that when our prayers aren't answered, it doesn't mean that we are necessarily doing something wrong, sometimes we can be doing everything right. Remember, when we are living a life that is pleasing to God, we are more of a target for the enemy. We live in a fallen world and there is evil in this world. God created this world to be perfect, but sin entered in. God does not cause evil nor cause anyone to sin or do bad things, yet God gets blamed for a lot of things that are not His doing. God made a way for us through Jesus, and God does promise to work all things together for good for those who love Him. He will redeem what the enemy has planned for our harm, what the enemy hoped would be a stumbling block to our faith, God will turn around and redeem and use for our good and His glory.

The longer a prayer is delayed, the more perfect it will come forth at last. Also, the deeper the silence, the louder the answer. If God is delaying, it simply means your request is gaining interest in God's bank of blessings.

“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” (1 John 5: 14- 15)

James Dina
Jodina5@gmail.com
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
HAPPY NEW MONTH

jodina:

James Dina
Jodina5@gmail.com
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 06, 2020

James Dina
Jodina5@gmail.com
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by chiommy123(f): 6:37am On Sep 06, 2020
I learnt to never take no as an answer when communicating with my God. Nehemiah did I can too
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2020
Nehemiah's heart was broken because God's name was disgraced. The pagans not only mocked God's people, but they mocked God Himself.
Nehemiah experienced agony at the thought of the holy name of God being ridiculed by the pagans. So he went to his knees, and he prayed.

Also, Nehemiah prayed before he set out on any project, When he approached the king, he prayed. When he was in trouble, he prayed.

His pattern of prayer - Nehemiah 1:4-11.

1. Adoration (Nehemiah does not proceed to the other elements of his prayer until he has reminded himself of what he is doing and the greatness and character of the God to whom he is directing his prayer)

2. Confession (Nehemiah confessed his sins and that of his people)

3. Thanksgiving (Thankful for the surety of God's judgment, the promise of God's forgiveness and the work God had already done)

4. Supplication (Nehemiah 1:11 - O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of your servant, and to the prayer of your servants who delight to fear your name, and give success to your servant today, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man.”)

Studying the prayers in the book of Nehemiah can help us pray better. These prayers are amazing prayers, and can become a model for us to personalize and cry out to God as we go about the work set before us: to make disciples of Jesus in relationships.

chiommy123:
I learnt to never take no as an answer when communicating with my God. Nehemiah did I can too
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 10, 2020

James Dina
Jodina5@gmail.com
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 20, 2020

James Dina
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Lexusgs430: 5:07am On Sep 20, 2020
Because prayer is a fallacy............

If a god existed and answers prayers........ Nigeria would be a land of joy and glory.......

We are overrun by religious business centres, yet we swim in sin.........

A simple pigment of false realities and expectations, of one's false imagination......

Prayer is what you do, when you have nothing else to offer or have no solution.............

BLOODY HYPOCRITES........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by orisa37: 7:08am On Sep 20, 2020
READ EXODUS 14 : 14.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Ehiscotch(m): 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Because prayer is a fallacy............

If a god existed and answers prayers........ Nigeria would be a land of joy and glory.......

We are overrun by religious business centres, yet we swim in sin.........

A simple pigment of false realities and expectations, of one's false imagination......

Prayer is what you do, when you have nothing else to offer or have no solution.............

BLOODY HYPOCRITES........

I'm really appalled that you read the OP's piece and still came to this illogical conclusion.

Stay blessed.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 11, 2020
Happy Sunday to Everybody
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by tobechi74: 3:09am On Oct 11, 2020
According to prosperity pastor, did you pay tithe
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
■ WHY DOESN'T GOD ANSWER MY PRAYERS?..(Luke 11:9) We pray, but get no answers. We've prayed so long, so hard, without any results. “Doesn't He see my needs?" ..."Doesn't He care about me?". "If God's ear is open to my prayer, and I pray diligently, why is there such little evidence of His answering?" Things go on as usual - nothing happens. "How long must I wait?" Is there one certain prayer you have been praying for a long time, and has not been answered?
The first thing you need to be assured of, is that God knows your needs before you even ask (Matthew 6:cool. He cares unequivocally about you, "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11). We have great assurance that He hears every prayer, “In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.” (Psalm 18:6). Below are some of the reasons why our prayers are not answered:

Our Prayers can be hindered by a secret grudge lodged in the heart against another. If you know that someone has a legitimate grievance against you, how can you sincerely approach God in prayer? Uncorrected problems with brethren are extremely detrimental. Christ will not deal with anyone with a wrathful and unforgiving spirit. We are commanded to "lay aside all malice, envy, and evil speaking, and as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word" (1 Peter 2:1, 2). , ‘Lift up holy hands, without wrath and doubting, Our prayer may be hindered—by lying in any sin we commit against God (“ If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear - Psalm 66:18”.) or, in wrath, by not forgiving our brother/sister ( “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” - Mark 11:25-26).
1. God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous, meaning that if you are not already righteous, you shouldn't be expecting God to answer any of your prayers, no matter what it is you are praying for. You see, according to God, your sins taint your prayers rendering them an unholy abomination to God so He does not hear them and so does not answer them. God is Holy and you must first become Holy and righteous in order to please God and cause Him to delight in answering your prayers. That is what He said from the beginning. undecided

Jesus Christ said of those who are born-again, "Seek first the Kingdom of God — holiness — and God's righteousness, then all these things — the benefits of the Kingdom including answers to prayer — shall be added onto you. This command went out almost 2000 years ago. So, if you are not pursuing first God's holiness and righteousness, but worrying about why God does not answer your prayers, it means you have not been paying attention to God at all. And Yes, the Word of God is everlasting meaning it will never change for any man or situation — Luke 21 vs 33.

2. The devils in this case are those who feed you lies that contradict the Truth of God as proclaimed even by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

3. God's assurance is given only to the righteous — no sinner or unrighteous has any such assurance from God. undecided

4. Rubbish! The only hindrance stated by God is unrighteousness. So why create hindrances when God pointed out instead that only one exists? undecided
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Kobojunkiee: 4:09pm On May 15, 2023
Ehiscotch:
I'm really appalled that you read the OP's piece and still came to this illogical conclusion. Stay blessed.
Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On May 26, 2023
tobechi74:
According to prosperity pastor, did you pay tithe

(1) (Reply)

Reincarnation: What I Discovered About The Human Dna And How To Unlock It / How Did Judasi Died? / Can You Die For Your Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.