Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,151 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:19 PM

Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? (1154 Views)

Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card / Recycled SIM Cards Flood Streets, Markets / Why Your Smartphone Can Make Emergency Calls Without A SIM Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by MostImportant(m): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2020
I was just pondering about this considering the idea of recycled SIMs as currently practiced by telecommunications companies. I mean what if one ends up purchasing a SIM formerly used by kidnappers or any criminal and police perhaps was manhunting the user of the line? What would happen now if they trace to you knowing you just bought the sim ignorantly?
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by id4sho(m): 8:15am On Aug 27, 2020
gobe
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by OgatheTop: 8:17am On Aug 27, 2020
Always keep your SIM pack.

Nuff said.
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2020
Any act involving Nigerian police is catastrophic alone. Come add purchase of recycled sim of kidnapper or criminal, make dem kuku ma create space make I die myself be that.

1 Like

Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:20am On Aug 27, 2020
OgatheTop:
Always keep your SIM pack.

Nuff said.

The pack now is miserably small and keeping it will be difficult. I bought my sim in 2007, how do you expect I keep a pack that long?

2 Likes

Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 27, 2020
MostImportant:
I was just pondering about this considering the idea of recycled SIMs as currently practiced by telecommunications companies. I mean what if one ends up purchasing a SIM formerly used by kidnappers or any criminal and police perhaps was manhunting the user of the line? What would happen now if they trace to you knowing you just bought the sim ignorantly?

I've got two valuable pieces of advice for you in the event that you find yourself in such a situation(in Nigeria). Without further dilly-dallying, they are:

1. Get yourself a good lawyer- a very good one at that. Preferably one with 10 years cognate experience in criminal defense. Or maybe a SAN. Caveat: This could actually as a strain on your finances.

OR you can simply opt for number:

2. (Which is the fastest, easiest, surest and cheapest). Walk down to any good agrochemicals store and get yourself a very big bottle of sn*per. If you can't get that, then you can buy a full container of any potent herbicide and pesticide, mix and do what comes naturally to your mind with it.

Feel free to send my consultancy fee to any of the account numbers listed below.
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by MostImportant(m): 9:51am On Aug 27, 2020
mansakhalifa:

I've got two valuable pieces of advice for you in the event that you find yourself in such a situation(in Nigeria). Without further dilly-dallying, they are:

1. Get yourself a good lawyer- a very good one at that. Preferably one with 10 years cognate experience in criminal defense. Or maybe a SAN. Caveat: This could actually as a strain on your finances.

OR you can simply opt for number:

2. (Which is the fastest, easiest, surest and cheapest). Walk down to any good agrochemicals store and get yourself a very big bottle of sn*per. If you can't get that, then you can buy a full container of any potent herbicide and pesticide, mix and do what comes naturally to your mind with it.

Feel free to send my consultancy fee to any of the account numbers listed below.

Lol. No kill me with laugh abeg.
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by Jasseyfrd(m): 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
nice one from Op...
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by psucc(m): 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
This is difficult but very educative.
I called one of my Lecturers 2 weeks ago but Mallam answered the call. He managed to tell me it was a wrong number.

In fact, the Police will never want to know when you bought the SIM as well as register. These would have been enough to exonorate any being but here in Nigeria, the police will even swear to an oath that you are the same owner.
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by JBiden: 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
It's simple, if you lose your sim, retrieve it rather than buy another one.
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by MostImportant(m): 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
JBiden:
It's simple, if you lose your sim, retrieve it rather than buy another one.

Considering the country we are living in, poor network coverage, high cost of data/airtime and many others, one would tend to have as many Sims cards as possible to be able to position himself well. Let me bring and instance, the other day, I read a thread where someone lost a deal worth more than a million naira due to poor airtel network. Situation such as described requires you have as many Sims as possible. So there is need for people to acquire new sim cards.
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by davillian(m): 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

The pack now is miserably small and keeping it will be difficult. I bought my sim in 2007, how do you expect I keep a pack that long?
Keep it with your credentials.
That's what I have been doing and I got my son in 2005
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by emmy512: 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
MostImportant:
It takes upto a year and a half if not two for a number to be recycled, and it starts counting from end of your grace period Wich is 9 months.
By the time u get the sim it would've already been over 2 years.
Police would have left the case, but if they're still on it you show evidence that you just got the sim as most sim packs carry date of production.

But this is nigeria with the number of illetrate security officials we have, they may not hear all that Grammer till your money comes out.
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by JBiden: 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
MostImportant:

Considering the country we are living in, poor network coverage, high cost of data/airtime and many others, one would tend to have as many Sims cards as possible to be able to position himself well. Let me bring and instance, the other day, I read a thread where someone lost a deal worth more than a million naira due to poor airtel network. Situation such as described requires you have as many Sims as possible. So there is need for people to acquire new sim cards.

Do you then acquire a new sim card each time you want to try a different network to browse?

I'm sure every sim you buy is usually registered. So incase of loss or theft, retrieve your line.

Moreover, sims get recycled after a very long time of inactivity. There's no point owning more than 2 sim cards if you cannot maintain them and keep them active.
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by Kondomatic(m): 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

I still have mine. I kept it where I keep important documents
Re: Recycled Sim: What If You Buy A SIM Formerly Used By Kidnappers? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
MostImportant:

That is why the SIM pack is very important. But if you no longer have it, the records will still be with the network providers. They have the records of all the previous owners.

(1) (Reply)

Best Deal Iphone X For 105k Quick Sale Sold!!! / 120hz Refresh Rate / Available Infinix Note 10 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.