Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer (26640 Views)

Chelsea Sign Thiago Silva On A Free Transfer / Willian Joins Arsenal On A Free Transfer After Chelsea Exit / Chelsea Sign Jorginho On A Five-year Deal From Napoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by obembet(f): 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
Malang Sarr, a young French defender previously with Nice, has joined Chelsea

The 21-year-old left the Ligue 1 club this summer following the end of his contract there and has now signed a five-year deal with us. He will spend the 2020/21 season out on loan. This will provide the chance to gain valuable game time and add to his experience so he will be ready to join our squad.

On signing Sarr, Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘The opportunity to sign Malang was one we could not miss. He is a tremendous prospect and we will be monitoring him closely during his loan period, hoping he will soon be back at Chelsea. We are very happy to welcome him to the club today.’

Sarr had played for his local side Nice since he was five years old and became a regular in their first team at the age of 17. He had a dream start when he scored the only goal of the game on his debut in a Ligue 1 match against Rennes in August 2016.

Primarily a centre-back but also able to play on the left of a back three and at left-back (he is left-footed and six foot tall), within three years he had made 100 appearances and won the club’s young player of the year award. He has scored in the Europa League and has experience of the Champions League qualifying rounds. For his last two seasons on the Cote d'Azur he was managed by Patrick Vieira.

With Nice opting for a patient, build-up-from-the-back style, Sarr was often involved early in their moves and his passing into the attacking third had influence. He has a good first touch and defensively, his mobility stands out.

UP AGAINST KYLIAN MBAPPE IN 2018
At international level, Sarr is eligible to play for Senegal due his parents but he has represented France from Under-16 to Under-21 levels and captained their Under-18s. He played at the 2019 Under-21 Euros.

SARR COMPETITING FOR FRANCE AT THE LAST EUROPEAN UNDER-21 CHAMPIONSHIPS
In total for Nice he made 119 appearances and scored three goals.

Source: https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1298968969198669828?s=19

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Joyover100(f): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
Congrats D' BLUES

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by obembet(f): 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Joyover100:
Congrats D' BLUES

Chelsea had bought Chilwell, Werner, Ziyech, Sarr..On the other hand, Man Utd is just full of Rumors.. I think Man Utd boards are so confident because they have the GOAT Lingardinho..

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by theoneJabulani(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
The blues really mean business this season

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in Lagos payment on delivery available nationwide

6 Likes

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
While Chelsea are signing and stockinpiling quality players to compete against Liverpool and Manchester City.Mr Ed Woodward is still waiting for 5 days till the end of the transfer window to get busy.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by AlexMahone: 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Why send him out on loan though? As a chelsea fan, i'd love anyone but Zouma rn. I am not a big fan of "anywhere belle face" defenders. You see Zouma, he is that kinda defender. Once he feels slightly pressured...VOOM! Have you seen a certain Sergio Ramos defend even while under pressure? Gosh!

34 Likes

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by swiz123(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
He was actually signed as a dessert to sweeten Bayern Leverkusen into selling Harvertz.

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Scaryface: 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Up bluess!!!!!

Come and buy land oooo

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Joyover100(f): 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
obembet:

Chelsea had bought Chilwell, Werner, Ziyech, Sarr..On the other hand, Man Utd is just full of Rumors.. I think Man Utd boards are so confident because they have the GOAT Lingardinho..

Lol @Lingardinho

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Humanoid01(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
He'll probably be loaned to Bayer Leverkusen to seal Havertz's move to Chelsea. Mhen what a time to be a Chelsea fan.

28 Likes

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by obembet(f): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Samsimple(m): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
Lampard no get excuse if Chelsea underperform next season.

32 Likes

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by olatade(m): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
nice one! the rate at which chelsea my team is signing players up left and centre, i wouldn't be surprised if they sign messi.

6 Likes

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by weIMPORT: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
wow
Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by internationalman(m): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
I want Messi not Sarr.
Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Slawormir: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by lanrock(m): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Good for them
Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Abfinest007(m): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
that's the spirit
Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Mopolchi: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
dis one go soon go loan
Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by ForeThinker: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Blue ways
Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by crossfm: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
These guys mean business oh.On like my darling man u,who is supporting an over prized captain,who's captain band should be collected and handed to a leader with humility.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by jericco1(m): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Egbon welcome but why are you going out on loan?
Can't wait to have you in our defence
Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by jamalnation(m): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dem dey vex o
Re: Chelsea Sign Malang Sarr On A Free Transfer by Austineva(m): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
obembet:

grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Giants Were Humbled: Bayern, Real, PSG, Barca & Ajax All Lost Last Weekend / ‘I Wish I Could Play For Nigeria’ – Fatau Dauda (ghana Black Stars Keeper) / Dapo Abiodun Donates House, Other Gifts, To Tobi Amusan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.