Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President (1315 Views)

Turkish Leagues Suspended After Club President Punches Referee (pics) / Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' / Lionel Messi Remain A Consistent Force In Laliga, Outscoring Seven Of His Rivals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by madamgrace: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has revealed his he is “willing to resign” if Lionel Messi makes a public promise to stay at the club.

The under-fire club chief has claimed he will bow to the fans’ demands and walk away from the Nou Camp – if it keeps Messi at the club.

Messi admitted he could be tempted to stay at the Nou Camp if Bartomeu resigns from his post.

Bartomeu is entitled to stay at the club for one more year when the new presidential elections take place.

But, seemingly with Barcelona’s best interests at heart, Bartomeu has reportedly said he will quit if Messi promises to stay, according to TV3.

On Wednesday night, angry fans broke through the Nou Camp gates as protests against Bartomeu continued into a second night.

Manchester City have emerged as favourites to beat PSG and Inter Milan to his signature but it is all is likely to depend on Messi’s contract debacle at Barca.

Messi’s current package at the Nou Camp, in basic wages, bonuses and image rights, is worth around £100m a year.

City are not prepared to fork out such a fee but are ready to offer him a lucrative wage should the Argentine superstar become available for nothing.

https://www.inform.ng/post/ill-resign-if-that-will-make-messi-remain-in-barcelona-club-president-bartomeu

Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by DICKstractor: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
cheesy
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Benbellamor: 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
After you have killed La Masia Academy We always have Sound BarcaB team

Just stay in Barca as the son of the soil Camp Nou Voted you

Joan Larportas work You came to scatter it
If Barca allow you to resign now instead of 2017....then they will build from scratch
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by SmartProf(m): 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Oga it's too late, the GOAT called Messi is tired of eating Barcelona's recent dead grass. Since you can't cope, U can build a statue of him and keep seeing him through it. Everything that has a beginning must have an end. If you still don't feel satisfied, then rename urself Messi and join the squad.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Etinosa1234: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Pls do.... Messi can not leave the love of his life in such a horrible fashion

By the way, why is this in the politics section

Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Vorim18: 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
Too late
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Karlifate: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
How many club can even afford his buyout clause sef.
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Bluntguy: 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
It's too late. He is already headed for Man city.
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Akinola4: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
City can not afford his wages, so is better make messi remain for barca

1 Like

Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Vyzz: 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
cool
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Auladimeji(m): 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
What the president is trying to do is to make Messi looks bad in the face of the world as if Messi is the one dictating for the club

3 Likes

Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Haywhymido(m): 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
If Messi choose to stay when the man has left, he is about to play a very dangerous game. the same fans will turn on him one day and it will end in great tears for him. Whether the man leaves or not, it is high time he left the club.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by punisha: 12:21am On Aug 28, 2020
sad

Pls barthemeus resign not o.

In my head, all I am seeing is Messi in mancity.

Don't come and ruin my fantasy pls.
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 28, 2020
Auladimeji:
What the president is trying to do is to make Messi looks bad in the face of the world as if Messi is the one dictating for the club
Hmm
True.
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by techmo(m): 1:22am On Aug 28, 2020
Messi must come to EPL
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Newman20(m): 2:04am On Aug 28, 2020
Messi wouldn't last in the premier League. The premier League pressing system would be too much for him to handle. Unlike la Liga where he could just dribble past everyone
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Newman20(m): 2:04am On Aug 28, 2020
Messi wouldn't last in the premier League. The premier League pressing system would be too much for him to handle. Unlike la Liga where he could just dribble past everyone.
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by joelsteron: 3:23am On Aug 28, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Pls do.... Messi can not leave the love of his life in such a horrible fashion

By the way, why is this in the politics section

It's in politics section bcez.
Bartomeu is a Scam!
He wants to make Messi look like the bad guy. So that he can say Messi made him lose his position. But his mind is made up anyways. I support is leaving because life is not an endless loop. I'm imagining disasters for EPL clubs already. It will be fun cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 28, 2020
Hmmmm
This one don pass me.. Ooooo
MESSI for still stay make dem purchase defenders and fast attackers wey go assist am Institute the TIKI TAKA again...

They can sell GRIEZMANN, VIDAL, ARTHUR, meanwhile PIQUE should just get out.
Suarez is still Good.

MESSI, Going to MAN CITY...... to go meet crazy people like sadio, Firmino, Salah, Vardy, Abraham no go easy again, since he's already ageing.

Presently, JUVE dey find where dem go dumb CR7 too.....They can't meet up with such payments at his Age...
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by ojaysam25(m): 7:43am On Aug 28, 2020
At this age it is better to cash out.
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by paulolee(m): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2020
see politics, if he really mean this words and resigns and messi stays, dt means messi runs barca and messi is a Mafia gee
Re: I'll Resign If That Will Make Messi Remain In Barcelona - Club President by Lovelive: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Haywhymido:
If Messi choose to stay when the man has left, he is about to play a very dangerous game. the same fans will turn on him one day and it will end in great tears for him. Whether the man leaves or not, it is high time he left the club.

Seer, I love this your comment

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Will Eliminate Nigeria In The Upcoming World Cup Qualifiers / Hakim's Wife Files For Divorce, Demands Half Of His Property / Nba. Nba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.