Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja (64316 Views)

Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja Flood (More Pictures & Video) / Flood Trapped Several Persons In Trademore Area Of Lugbe, Abuja (Video) / Flood Sweeps Four-year-old Boy Away In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
Kekereekun123:
From the video he seems to have survived na
Unanimously.
but it seems he was truly drunk
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Guyman02:
I don't think he dieded shocked
Your last word....
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:
The guy videoing is a very wicked man, he should have dive in to rescue the man.

If I was there at the scene, I would have dive in to rescue the man, las las both of us will die together. If I die while trying to save someone, I am guaranteed to wake up in heaven.

And how sure are u about this?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Rolexjerry(m): 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
SoftP:
& get drowned aswell.

Shey u taught him how to swim niii
He could have put out a long stick for that man to hold but he preferred to video.
The camera man is evil. Aswear
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by SoftP(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
Rolexjerry:

He could have put out a long stick for that man to hold but he preferred to video.

I doubt if u watched the video; To what length of stick can get to where the victim was.

Except u expected him to use a log of wood

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by frog12: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
what sort of FLOOD is this?

When we leave GUTTER DRAINS open, that's what happens
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by ayanbaba2(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
Roozzaay:
Humanity is gradually going into extinction cry
Even though he had warned him, all he could do was to record the drowning man.....

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Slimsly100(f): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
Who made the video
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Princerichi0(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
People saying the camera man should have helped. Please what did you expect the camera guy to do - jump into the flood? .
He was warned prior the tragedy. I can't risk my life for someone who doesn't value his.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by ayanbaba2(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Rolexjerry:

are you ok at all!

within seconds, long stick?

so, you expecting someone to be responsible for another's irresponsibility. hmm?

abegi jooo...

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Cashio(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Zenithpeak:

It was a little absolutely weird when people's emotions got the better of them and expected the eye witness to die with the evidence by committing suside willfully.
ahswear bro.....baba if u see the speed of that water flow, u no go even try save ur own person wey fall inside...and that's because u can't save the person.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by routsz: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Slimsly100:
Who made the video
The video was mainly to capture d strange wild flood
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by adecz: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
In his drunken mind, maybe
he thought that he was in his bathroom..

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Mayng01(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
I wonder what he was doing in the middle of that place in the first place? Rip
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by akinsmyk(m): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
freshkpomo:
Verdict: it looks like someone preferred to save a video clip than to save a life..

I wan high j wan high, now them Don lower am to 6ft..drink responsibly.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM...

Stop complaining and take action today by joining the movement

You say what? Anyone who attempt to save him will go with him. Do you think this is a swimming pool or a river? Don't dare it bro. Only a professional at saving life in this instance can do that
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by gramfree1: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Gram Free: Lifetime opportunity
Your passport to wealth

Reach 500grams to Receive #400 000 naira!
They paid my uncle

Click my signature for signup
Signup and click on smart contract to receive your 10 grams instantly.
Watch videos get 0.1 grams each
Roll free to get between 0.1 to 100 grams hourly.

This is Real!!!!!
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by owila4luv(m): 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
someone's interest is just to capture the moment and post instead of helping
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Tonitoniton(m): 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
DebbieBianca:
A man was reportedly found dead on Thursday morning, August 27, after he was swept away by heavy flood in Abuja.

The moment the man drowned was caught on video. In the tragic video, the man is seen wading through the brownish flood water that extended above his waist. He appears to miss his step and then struggles to regain balance, but the current was too heavy and he was swept away in seconds while screaming for help.

The incident reportedly happened on Wednesday, August 26, in Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja.

The man's body was found this morning, August 27.

Eyewitnesses claim he had been warned not to go in the water but he didn't listen. He was also reportedly drunk at the time he ventured into the flooded street.

A voice in the video is heard saying, "That man done go. I dey warn am, I dey warn am."

Below is a video showing the moment the flood swept him away.

Watch The Video Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W98_krOoSfQ

How very cold the world is getting. U see some one in need and dying all u could do is bring out ur worthless phone to take picture and video record it. One thing u dont know which is for sure is that u will be in a similar need tomorrow and the same action will be melted out to u. U cant escape it. God rules in the affairs of men
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by oyinmykel: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheABOMINATION:
The guy videoing is a very wicked man, he should have dive in to rescue the man.

If I was there at the scene, I would have dive in to rescue the man, las las both of us will die together. If I die while trying to save someone, I am guaranteed to wake up in heaven.

You wouldn't have done anything. The person doing the video was on a bridge and that large water body you're seeing is actually a very deep canal. So don't chastise the poor guy putting it on record. I live around the area and there's nothing anyone could do about it
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by oyinmykel: 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
Tonitoniton:

How very cold the world is getting. U see some one in need and dying all u could do is bring out ur worthless phone to take picture and video record it. One thing u dont know which is for sure is that u will be in a similar need tomorrow and the same action will be melted out to u. U cant escape it. God rules in the affairs of men

The only help he could have gotten was not entering the water.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by oyinmykel: 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
routsz:

The video was mainly to capture d strange wild flood

Exactly
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by oyinmykel: 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
akinsmyk:

You say what? Anyone who attempt to save him will go with him. Do you think this is a swimming pool or a river? Don't dare it bro. Only a professional at saving life in this instance can do that

Trust me, whoever dares to dive in that flood is a goner. It was a deep canal and the video was actually made from the bridge
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Tonitoniton(m): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
DebbieBianca:
A man was reportedly found dead on Thursday morning, August 27, after he was swept away by heavy flood in Abuja.

The moment the man drowned was caught on video. In the tragic video, the man is seen wading through the brownish flood water that extended above his waist. He appears to miss his step and then struggles to regain balance, but the current was too heavy and he was swept away in seconds while screaming for help.

The incident reportedly happened on Wednesday, August 26, in Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja.

The man's body was found this morning, August 27.

Eyewitnesses claim he had been warned not to go in the water but he didn't listen. He was also reportedly drunk at the time he ventured into the flooded street.

A voice in the video is heard saying, "That man done go. I dey warn am, I dey warn am."

Below is a video showing the moment the flood swept him away.

Watch The Video Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W98_krOoSfQ

And all of u slapping people and insulting guys that are asking why video instead of help him will certainly be in a similar situation tomorrow and feel what that guy felt before his death. U can not be so dumb unfeeling to say that no matter if the dead man erred by taking such risk. This social media is making u guys think life is now inside ur android.
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by AerialMapper: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
Coconut head!!!
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Greensquard(m): 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Queenlovely:

oboy, you can't show me Abuja, Cosgrove Abuja is my family property (. not meaning to brag) these are unplanned estates, when the owners want it domolition will come.

your so called estate is not sanctioned by Abuja tow planners board, no c/o

I just called people

If u like make the whole of Abj be ur papa property na ur pocket e day and u still need to lookup the meaning of a slum cos obvioisly u clearly dont know what a slum is,go back to school jare and stop talking crap about what ur family owns or doesnt own girl angry angry..nobody asked for that info and honestly nobody gives a flying F.U.CCK..who u epp? grin grin
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by chibatov(m): 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
momodub:
Wtf can't the camera man help
shey u go run enter that kind current go help. U know weda e Sabi swim sef. Me wey Sabi swim nor go try am. That current fit carry you hit something dangerous. You might get fatally impaled by something sharp and dangerous. Which day 4 here we read news of one guy wey die trying to save person wey electric shock

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Greensquard(m): 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
Tonitoniton:

And all of u slapping people and insulting guys that are asking why video instead of help him will certainly be in a similar situation tomorrow and feel what that guy felt before his death. U can not be so dumb unfeeling to say that no matter if the dead man erred by taking such risk. This social media is making u guys think life is now inside ur android.

Which kind yeye misyarn talk be this?na by force to even help?bros if u find urself in such a situation pls u can decide to fling ur phone away and dive in to help based on superman wey u be and leave us all alone and stop praying wicked prayers for people or it will return back on u..see me see wahala o na by force ni?
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Ofadaman(m): 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
You know the tides is pushing him towards you, instead of recording you should get a stick and place it somewhere for him, so he can hold on to it
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Was he drunk?
how with this type of level of flood person go stll dip im body enter?
for what?
make im reach house quick?
wen u see deadly floods like this its expected u find somewhere to hide until the storm calms down
and i thought Abuja was a planned city
why is this place looking like some slum in lagos or aba
any rip
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
debbydams:
yes he dieded died grin ...pls next time u want to post try to use your brain ehn pls.. We no go jam o grin
gringringrin

Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
Trademore 2 bedroom 900k see the nonsense estate sef!! All dis house agents!! If u wnt to rent house na rainy season
Re: Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja by Tonitoniton(m): 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
Greensquard:

Which kind yeye misyarn talk be this?na by force to even help?bros if u find urself in such a situation pls u can decide to fling ur phone away and dive in to help based on superman wey u be and leave us all alone and stop praying wicked prayers for people or it will return back on u..see me see wahala o na by force ni?

Hahahahaha. u just proved u are of them helpless soul. U think u made urself, abi? U dont know that there are laws governing life and all that pattern to life? Because u can pick ur small phone and type nonsense online and some other crimes and get away with it, u now think u are on top of the world? Right there where u sat and typed the nonsense above u dont know there were spirits looking at u and some influencing u? U think u own ur self, abi? I did not curse any body but clearly stated what u call the law of karma which just a tip of the ice Berg if u dont change ur ways and thinking pattern. It is more painful when such occurrences happen to u. Especially when u know u are ripping what u sow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty / Man Eating Breakfast While Hanging On A Moving Bus In Lagos (Photos) / University Students Rush To See Helicopter After Emergency Landing In Kogi. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.