Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

This Is For Lawyers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Is For Lawyers (2555 Views)

Buhari Corruption War: Breakthrough Season For Lawyers. / Question For Lawyers / Buy Lawyers' Wigs And Gowns As Well As Other Legal Accessories At Low Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is For Lawyers by ireke(m): 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2011
Mr. Seun Osewa - Please can you create a section for miscellaneous topics like this?
Moderator - Kindly move this to the appropriate section
Nairalanders - pls pardon me for taking advantage of the section with the highest traffic

I was in a shop (Lagos, Nigeria) to buy an item and the sales girl put the item in a nylon bag and handed it to me at the door. Before I could take 2 steps, the handle of the nylon bad gave way and I lost the bottle and its content. I asked the senior sales girl and requested for the owners’ phone number so I can discuss with her about what happened but she refused. I got the sales girl's number though. I later called her to ask if she had told the owner, she said “yes, but she said it’s none of her business”.

What should I do? It’s not about the money but the attitude. I just think we can’t continue to take Poo like this as Nigerians.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2011
Lack customer service.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by MrsChima(f): 10:29pm On Feb 19, 2011
That what happens when business owners are not properly screening their workers and training them on diversity awareness.

It is important for the business to maintain a goodwill reputation can can potentially increase revenue and optimal financial performance. BUT thinking on a more realistic standpoint, I bet the sale girl was attractive and body was on point right?

If so, sex sells.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Goldieluks: 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2011
I don't know when Nigerians who are on the sales field,would learn how to treat customers,my gawd,some of them act so frustrated,they don't even smile,some of them would even scream at you,if you touch an item,without purchasing it.They are so timid and ignorant.I don't think the have heard the word ''good customer service'' before,what a pity.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by MrsChima(f): 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2011
Hey sis! I see you.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Goldieluks: 10:32pm On Feb 19, 2011
Hiya sis,me see ya,too. wink
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2011
Starting point of drailer #1
Re: This Is For Lawyers by MrsChima(f): 10:37pm On Feb 19, 2011
Bite me Reality!

That good sis!

It is said what you said about the customer service. I had a good experience when it came to customer service in Africa. I think it has something to do with the fact if they think you have money, they will treat you better which is sad though.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Goldieluks: 10:46pm On Feb 19, 2011
Yea if they see a rich individual,they tend to give them a VIP service,but please don't even go near them,if your not rich,they would chew you with their eyees and mouth.

@Reality,behave like a man please,you don't spill everything you see.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 19, 2011
@Sure sweetie that's exactly why I said that as man in the house btw I was referring to u, @ Chima I ain't biting no one.
@topic go back there with some military men they fear em to death and I guarantee your money back with apology
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2011
Re: This Is For Lawyers by MrsChima(f): 11:03pm On Feb 19, 2011
I agree. I am a business owner and understand the true dynamics of business. I was trained to look at each consumer as a potential dollar increaser. I do not treat anyone any differently than I would want them to treat me when I walk up in their business establishment.

Appearance is not reliable and we shouldn't judge the level of income based on how someone dress either.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Goldieluks: 11:03pm On Feb 19, 2011
REALITY101:

@Sure sweetie that's exactly why I said that as man in the house btw[b] I was referring to u,[/b] @ Chima I ain't biting no one.
@topic go back there with some military men they fear em to death and I guarantee your money back with apology

so its now a crime to say ''hello'' innit?

@OP,i wish these sales girls and boys could be given a proper training,on how to deal with customers,in a more''sales'' friendly way.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 19, 2011
Goldieluks:

so its now a crime to say ''hello'' innit?

No dear, I was kidding, Hello Goldieluks smiley
Re: This Is For Lawyers by ireke(m): 11:07pm On Feb 19, 2011
REALITY101:

Lack customer service.
Goldieluks:

I don't know when Nigerians who are on the sales field,would learn how to treat customers,my gawd,some of them act so frustrated,they don't even smile,some of them would even scream at you,if you touch an item,without purchasing it.They are so timid and ignorant.I don't think the have heard the word ''good customer service'' before,what a pity.
that goes for any average organization in Nigeria. The funny thing is that it is the ones that are most vulnerable have the poorest customer service

Mrs.Chima:

That what happens when business owners are not properly screening their workers and training them on diversity awareness.

It is important for the business to maintain a goodwill reputation can can potentially increase revenue and optimal financial performance. BUT thinking on a more realistic standpoint, I bet the sale girl was attractive and body was on point right?

If so, sex sells.

Abeg, I nor check out the sales girls o. my wife will soon come and check what I've been doing online. my couch is not comfortable.  grin

Goldieluks:

Yea if they see a rich individual,they tend to give them a VIP service,but please don't even go near them,if your not rich,they would chew you with their eyees and mouth.

@Reality,behave like a man please,you don't spill everything you see.
It's not all rich individuals that appear rich though. so it's better for them to treat everybody nicely. but I don't even care about how they treated me. I am bothered that they think it's none of their business if they gave me a defective bag that made me lose my item.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Goldieluks: 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2011
REALITY101:

No dear, I was kidding, Hello Goldieluks smiley

Hi.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by ireke(m): 11:10pm On Feb 19, 2011
REALITY101:

@Sure sweetie that's exactly why I said that as man in the house btw I was referring to u, @ Chima I ain't biting no one.

I don't have the liver of starting what I can't finish. what if madam husband happens to be a military man too?
Re: This Is For Lawyers by MrsChima(f): 11:11pm On Feb 19, 2011
ireke:

that goes for any average organization in Nigeria. The funny thing is that it is the ones that are most vulnerable have the poorest customer service

Abeg, I nor check out the sales girls o. my wife will soon come and check what I've been doing online. my couch is not comfortable.  grin

It's not all rich individuals that appear rich though. so it's better for them to treat everybody nicely. but I don't even care about how they treated me. I am bothered that they think it's none of their business if they gave me a defective bag that made me lose my item.

DId you get that black plastic bag with two handles?  I could never understood why would they put boxes of food or product in those small bags!  My husband bought a box of Instant noodles and Gino's tomato paste from a store and the lady only had small black bags with the handles.  We had to take everything out of the boxes and put them in the bag and went back to the house with 20 small bags!!
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 19, 2011
ireke:

I don't have the liver of starting what I can't finish. what if madam husband happens to be a military man too?

Ok, I can help you out but on one condition, that is if what you bought from that store worth the runarounds. Doesn't matter if her hubby is a popo or not, but you sound more like a peaceful type.

just say hi ---------> charlestylson@yahoo.com
Re: This Is For Lawyers by MrsChima(f): 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2011
Stop advertising.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2011
Lol Just trying to help an angry brother just as I always got Bro Chima's back, btw that is not even my mail id
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Goldieluks: 11:21pm On Feb 19, 2011
Lol@ denial.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ok now re doing the drailing thang lmao, @denial I meant not official id just nl thing grin
Re: This Is For Lawyers by MrsChima(f): 11:25pm On Feb 19, 2011
Goldieluks:

Lol@ denial.

Girl, Reality reminds me of my husband and his Igbo brothers. They be hustling and chasing paper and I ain't mad at them. My husband is a good provider as most Igbo men.

I ain't madatcha Reality suga. Make your money. I understand.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2011
Have I told u I sale punnani? in-case Mr. Chima need some external one undecided

Now Im outta here gon playing basketball, come watch me play  smiley

@op see ya
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Goldieluks: 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2011
REALITY101:

Ok now re doing the drailing thang lmao, @denial I meant not official id just nl thing grin

save your confession please.whether or not it is your nl fake id or facebook id,it still remains YOUR ID. grin
Re: This Is For Lawyers by MrsChima(f): 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2011
Reality!  Don't make me speak in Spanish and cuss you out!  angry angry angry

My husband do not need external punny and he is happy with his wife's!  Why would I watch you play basketball and you about 4 foot tall?

Oh!  Guess what!  Lebron James in trouble!
Re: This Is For Lawyers by ShyOne(f): 1:39am On Feb 20, 2011
@ Poster

In the U.S. - they would have replaced it immediately if you bought that bottle in a large store and in a boutique high end store as well.

But if you bought it in the U.S. in a small mom and pop establishment with no procedures, mission statements, rules  - than it is dependent upon the ethics of the owner of that operation.  Because once it is in your hand - then it is an argument as to whether you ripped the bag, etc.

Here is what I would do - go on NL - create a video with a camera or camera phone or camcorder - 3 minutes tops and then upload it to utube and post it on the fashion section of NL - about your experience and create a song out of it, even stand in front of the store and sing while you record - give the owner a copy - see if that changes anything.  Rap about what you paid, hold the broken bag and bottle up, their response and what you as a customer thought you would get - accountability from the shop owner to stand-by their products and services (this would include store bought shopping bags that they package sold merchandise and hand to the customer) - The owner might be willing to negotiate after you air the video - if you don't want to sing about it - talk about it instead - it should take about 30 minutes to an hour to do all of the above.

See how this guy did it?  He won and the Retailer worked everything out with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo
Re: This Is For Lawyers by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Reality!  Don't make me speak in Spanish and cuss you out!  angry angry angry

My husband do not need external punny and he is happy with his wife's!  Why would I watch you play basketball and you about 4 foot tall?

Oh!  Guess what!  Lebron James in trouble!

Lol @ 4 foot tall. You wish. . . . .

I know you have got this huge crush on Lebron James but so sad the loser is gay While Kobe is the man
Re: This Is For Lawyers by ireke(m): 7:16am On Feb 20, 2011
REALITY101:

Ok, I can help you out but on one condition, that is if what you bought from that store worth the runarounds. Doesn't matter if her hubby is a popo or not, but you sound more like a peaceful type.

just say hi ---------> charlestylson@yahoo.com

@ reality - You would be disappointed to know that the item costs only 8K naira. but like I said, it's not about the money but their attitude.

I sound peaceful because I am more dangerous when I'm peaceful than when I'm angry. I am willing to spend 10 times the cost of the item in my effort to make them pay. I will work until I get to a logical, legal block. So help me God.

Don’t we have courts in Nigeria that could take cases like this (with me representing myself)? Like all those courts on the TV in the US.

Mrs.Chima:

DId you get that black plastic bag with two handles? I could never understood why would they put boxes of food or product in those small bags! My husband bought a box of Instant noodles and Gino's tomato paste from a store and the lady only had small black bags with the handles. We had to take everything out of the boxes and put them in the bag and went back to the house with 20 small bags!!

I actually got a branded nylon bag with handles. I guess the fact that they branded it gives them more responsibility.

Shy-One:

@ Poster

In the U.S. - they would have replaced it immediately if you bought that bottle in a large store and in a boutique high end store as well.

But if you bought it in the U.S. in a small mom and pop establishment with no procedures, mission statements, rules - than it is dependent upon the ethics of the owner of that operation. Because once it is in your hand - then it is an argument as to whether you ripped the bag, etc.

Here is what I would do - go on NL - create a video with a camera or camera phone or camcorder - 3 minutes tops and then upload it to utube and post it on the fashion section of NL - about your experience and create a song out of it, even stand in front of the store and sing while you record - give the owner a copy - see if that changes anything. Rap about what you paid, hold the broken bag and bottle up, their response and what you as a customer thought you would get - accountability from the shop owner to stand-by their products and services (this would include store bought shopping bags that they package sold merchandise and hand to the customer) - The owner might be willing to negotiate after you air the video - if you don't want to sing about it - talk about it instead - it should take about 30 minutes to an hour to do all of the above.

See how this guy did it? He won and the Retailer worked everything out with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

I'm thinking about making flyers that I will give to their customers and neighbours instead. but that may not be effective as getting a judgement against them if I find the right court.
Re: This Is For Lawyers by MrsChima(f): 7:17am On Feb 20, 2011
REALITY101:

Lol @ 4 foot tall. You wish. . . . .

I know you have got this huge crush on Lebron James but so sad the loser is gay While Kobe is the man

I rather like a guy who is gay (although that is not my thing) than a guy who is a rapist! Now what!
Re: This Is For Lawyers by ShyOne(f): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2011
In this U.S.

I represented myself in Small Claims Court and won my case - I was able to prove my point against a merchant retail shop - they actually took me to court to prosecute me and instead of not showing up out of fear -  I brought my evidence, stood my ground, went toe to toe and eye to eye - presented fact versus fiction and won my case.

Is there a Small Claims Court in Nigeria?  If so - start there first - google Small Claims Court and See if Nigeria offers a similar one with a different name.

Also - on NL - there is a Lawyer in the legal section - many NLers turn to this guy with questions - research and find him - he has posted many times

better yet ask Seun - he knows his members - he reads and keeps up quite frequently - he jumps from forum to forum - I have seen him in the most unlikely places so he would know of whom I speak

email him and ask him which member id to contact for this your problem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole’s Wife Files Divorce, Accuses Him Of Using Juju / Statements We Hated To Hear In Secondary School (meme List) / Funny DPs About The Year 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.