Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

About Lady Who Caught Her Guy With Her Best Friend And Suicidal Ideations - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / About Lady Who Caught Her Guy With Her Best Friend And Suicidal Ideations (497 Views)

Lady Caught Her Husband Masturbating After 6 Years Of Marriage / Martha, The Pregnant Lady Commits Suicide After Husband Caught Her With A Pastor / Nigerian Mother Caught Her Daughter In A Hotel Room & Disgraced Her (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About Lady Who Caught Her Guy With Her Best Friend And Suicidal Ideations by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
I usually see how people respond to threads concerning suicidal ideations and it baffles me. I went through the profile of the lady whose thread about how she caught her best friend with her boyfriend on front-page and saw that she has another thread in which she said she's gonna end her life. The response I saw on that thread by those that commented weren't so nice, only a few persons actually understood and acted rightly.

people tend to respond sarcastically, insultingly or indifferently concerning suicidal ideations. Only a few actually reach out.

One of the facts about suicide is that people talking about suicide are actually contemplating it, not necessarily looking for cheap attention.

When one is facing turbulent situations and comes online to spill out a thought on suicide, he/she should be taking seriously and viewed as an emergency until proven otherwise.

Some of the ways we can reach out is by...

* Offering consoling and comforting words in love and care

* Requesting for his/her contact or dropping yours

* Going to the person's residence if you know where he/she lives or anyone that can do that

* Pointing out reasons why the person needs to stay alive.

Afterwards the person can seek further help with a psychiatrist or a counsellor.
Re: About Lady Who Caught Her Guy With Her Best Friend And Suicidal Ideations by meobizy(f): 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
I knew an account here which, for ten years and running, the idiot behind it created thread after thread claiming he'll end it all soon. It later became a running joke where the usual commenters kept daring him to come through with the promise. Last I remember the monkey deleted his account and is probably using an alternate to post the same threats. Anyone who is tired of the world will snap into action rather than disturbing strangers in cyberspace.
Re: About Lady Who Caught Her Guy With Her Best Friend And Suicidal Ideations by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
meobizy:
I knew an account here which, for ten years and running, the idiot behind it created thread after thread claiming he'll end it all soon. It later became a running joke where the usual commenters kept daring him to come through with the promise. Last I remember the monkey deleted his account and is probably using an alternate to post the same threats. Anyone who is tired of the world will snap into action rather than disturbing strangers in cyberspace.
You've only been on NL for 2years yet you know an account that wanted to commit suicide 10years ago.....

Suicide and depressionn is real

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Welcomes Baby Girl After Suffering Three Miscarriages / When You Are Leaving Nigeria, What Item Would You Take To Remember Nigeria / See Photos Of The Biggest Pregnancy Stomach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.