Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,003 members, 7,856,046 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:04 PM

Primate Ayodele Donates To Mosque - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Primate Ayodele Donates To Mosque (1029 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Buhari Can’t Take Us To Promise Land, Nigeria Will Break Up / Primate Ayodele Unveils His Prediction For 2016 / Primate Ayodele Prophesizes Doom For Buhari And APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele Donates To Mosque by BabaIbada: 2:45am On Feb 20, 2011
THE president of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Babatunde Elijah Ayodele has called for unity between the Christians and Muslims.

The cleric who stated this in Lagos at the weekend when he donated electricity generating set and mats to Alhaja Ojuolape Memorial Mosque at Oke-Offa, Ejigbo, Lagos as part of activities marking his birthday, said only when there is unity that security of Nigeria as a nation could be guaranteed.

Primate Ayodele who was received by the Imam of the mosque, Alhaji Mohammed Alimi Adeola said religious and political violence was an ill-wind which should be avoided, stressing that adherents of both faith should at all times pray for the progress of the nation.

The cleric also donated computers to Isolo High School, Metro College, Ilasa and money to the charity purse of Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) for the abandoned patients.

While some widows were empowered, awards were also presented to some journalists and wives of journalists. UTME forms were also distributed freely to some students who are orphans.
source: http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/3226-primate-ayodele-donates-to-mosque
Re: Primate Ayodele Donates To Mosque by Akbar10: 11:27am On Feb 21, 2011
i do congratulate the Primate on his humanitarian gesture, a christian really needs to look out for his fellowman as the other gifts he gave show
however, gifts to a mosque, i wonder o-he may soon begin to donate to shrines!
the plain fact is that donating to a mosque does not negate the fact that xtians and muslims do not serve the same God,and philantrophy/xtian charity to me will not extend to donating to places of false worship, though i can of course, give to muslims as individual persons

(1) (Reply)

Does Islam Teach Violence? / Heavy Bleeding Stopped After Prayer With Tb Joshua / Latest Live Interview Of Kabiru Sokoto, Boko Haram Top Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.