Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Was King Solomon Decision A Wise One After All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was King Solomon Decision A Wise One After All (236 Views)

Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? / If God Gave You Same Blank Cheque As King Solomon, What Would You Fill? / Was King James Truly Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was King Solomon Decision A Wise One After All by mikky2k2(m): 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
Alot have been on my. Mind today.. I want us to look at the story of King Solomon once more and analyze what transpired between him and God.

Now king Solomon according to the Bible was the only man God gave an open cheque book to make a request for him to grant his request.

You could Imagine God approaching you directly and tells you.. To make one request for him to grant your wish, and as we all know from the Bible that God doesn't go back on his words nor his promises.

And of all the things king Solomon could ask for, the king � asked for just Wisdom �����.. Yes he asked for wisdom and Then God granted his wish by making him the wisest king that ever lived.

Now back to my discussion.. Let's all be real here OK.. If God gives you such an opportunity, can u request for wisdom?? Amongst all the things in this world??

The king requested for wisdom when he knows he's gonna die some day and leave all his wealth behind and even the wisdom behind ����..

Them I begin to wonder why choose wisdom when u know ur going to die someday and why didn't he just go for everlasting life?? Or even choose for God to end suffering in the world atleast he would have liberated us and corrected the mistake Adam and eve made ���.

But the king choose wisdom instead ���.

Then I concluded that he wasn't that wise after all that's why he went for what he needed most at that time and wasted a one in a life time opportunity to either make himself a living legend or put an end to the world's suffering.

Remember that God would have honoured any request he made at that time since he can't go back on his promises or his word as God.

----Clifford wuche
(Just my thoughts)
Re: Was King Solomon Decision A Wise One After All by ghettokid1(m): 11:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
mikky2k2:
Alot have been on my. Mind today.. I want us to look at the story of King Solomon once more and analyze what transpired between him and God.

Now king Solomon according to the Bible was the only man God gave an open cheque book to make a request for him to grant his request.

You could Imagine God approaching you directly and tells you.. To make one request for him to grant your wish, and as we all know from the Bible that God doesn't go back on his words nor his promises.

And of all the things king Solomon could ask for, the king � asked for just Wisdom �����.. Yes he asked for wisdom and Then God granted his wish by making him the wisest king that ever lived.

Now back to my discussion.. Let's all be real here OK.. If God gives you such an opportunity, can u request for wisdom?? Amongst all the things in this world??

The king requested for wisdom when he knows he's gonna die some day and leave all his wealth behind and even the wisdom behind ����..

Them I begin to wonder why choose wisdom when u know ur going to die someday and why didn't he just go for everlasting life?? Or even choose for God to end suffering in the world atleast he would have liberated us and corrected the mistake Adam and eve made ���.

Then I concluded that he wasn't that wise after all that's why he went for what he needed most at that time and wasted a one in a life time opportunity to either make himself a living legend or put an end to the world's suffering.

Remember that God would have honoured any request he made at that time since he can't go back on his promises or his word as God.

----Clifford wuche
(Just my thoughts)

Re: Was King Solomon Decision A Wise One After All by budaatum: 12:27am On Aug 31, 2020
I do not think eternal life existed in Solomon's time. Besides, asking for eternal life would have been rather selfish of Solomon unless he asked it for all humans which would have created an overpopulation problem if no one died and more humans continued to be birthed unless sex was banned or eliminated which would, well, create problems for many. And world peace is the duty of humans whom God told to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth", the fulfilment of which would produce blessings which includes world peace.

So yes, I think Solomon chose unselfishly and wisely and stands as a lesson for us all. His choice was further epitomised by the full of Wisdom Jesus Christ, who also did not grant eternal life since we all die, and neither gave world peace but told you to work for it and be blessed.

Re: Was King Solomon Decision A Wise One After All by Dtruthspeaker: 7:49am On Aug 31, 2020
mikky2k2:

See twisting, see serpent, see a man void of understanding!

Shame be on you for brandishing your foolish soul, born out of wickedness.

Unlike you he knew it was a great fit to rule a wicked and hard people like you and if you were discerning, you would have seen that he would not like to be king over them.

And it was his father that had taught him to ask for wisdom Proverbs 4

Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father
, and attend to know understanding.

2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.

3 For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.

4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words
: keep my commandments, and live.

5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

So, he did not care about leaving riches and wealth for anybody.

It is Written "a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding."
Re: Was King Solomon Decision A Wise One After All by Dtruthspeaker: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2020
mikky2k2:

----Clifford wuche
(Just my thoughts)

You do not know What and Who Wisdom is Neither do you know that Wisdom gives Life and Everything you want and need!

It is written "How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?"

"Fools die for want (lack) of wisdom"

(1) (Reply)

Rabbi Schneider – How Words Control You / How I Understand Life Itself Does It Worth D Bragging / Is There A Spiritual Effect To Wearing People's Clotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.