Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Man Narrate How One Of His Twins Was Taken Away At Child Birth In Port Harcourt - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Narrate How One Of His Twins Was Taken Away At Child Birth In Port Harcourt (333 Views)

Nairaland Is Back, Seun share why Nairaland was taken down by host / Man Narrate What He Did To A Lady Who Refused Him Sex While On Vacation (Photos) / SHOCKING VIDEO: Woman Gives Birth In Her Grave After Being Buried For 4 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Narrate How One Of His Twins Was Taken Away At Child Birth In Port Harcourt by Imustreturn(m): 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
PETITION OF ALLEGED CHILD STEALING IN PORT HARCOURT

We were practicing safe sex and didn’t know when she got pregnant. As soon as the signs became eminent and confirmed we initiated her antenatal medical classes in January, 2020, at the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH).

During one of the sessions she was told to go for scan at the teaching hospital. She went but later complained to me that the radiologist said it wasn’t too clear and the baby was not stationed in one place to be able to ascertain the sex. She also mentioned that there was a complaint by the operator about the machine at that material instant. It wasn’t an issue at the time because she would still be sent for another scan as the pregnancy advances.

In the process of time the issues of Covid-19 became prominent and the enactment of total lockdown and curfew in Port Harcourt prevented her from going to the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital for want of mobility and distance and other fears.

I wasn’t around in town and encouraged her to look for a nearby hospital she can go to in case of an emergency. She went to a nearby hospital close to our residence in Port Harcourt and inquired of their registration and promised she’ll be back afterwards. Due to some financial constraints she couldn’t return back immediately, and with the lockdown and curfew in place it took a while to return to the hospital.

On my return home in Port Harcourt from Bonny Island, the incessant complaints of her pregnancy status got me worried and when there was a lift of the lockdown we quickly went to the hospital to conclude formal registration and prepare for delivery. It was clear to me that she was getting close to delivery.

Immediately the registration was done on the 9th of June, 2020, several tests were conducted and an ultra-scan was done. The scan report indicated it was a twin gestation. I was there when the radiologist conducted the scan. The following day I went with my wife to see the doctor. The doctor saw the results, mentioned to me if I’m aware that my wife is having multiple pregnancy and I replied in the affirmative. He further asked if there was any history of twins in our families. He advised she should get ready for a caesarian as one of the babies is breached while the other is sitting with the bottom ready to come out. The scan result further mentioned that her pregnancy was already term and that her water level is very low. According to the Doctor it would be suicidal to wait for labour to set in as the EDD was 22nd June according to the report.

We prepared and got ready for the operation and delivery of the twins. She was placed on admission on the 17th June and the operation was slated to be executed on 18th June, 2020. I was demanded to make a deposit of 200k in the morning of 18th June but I said I had only 100k to deposit at the material time. In an attempt to use the ATM and make the payment, the assistant Doctor insisted I drop 50% cash and make 50% transfer. I wasn’t with cash and had to run out quickly to get the cash. On my return with the cash my wife had already been taken into the theatre. I made attempt to go into the theatre but I was not allowed in.

After a while as the operation was ongoing I got a call from one of the nurses that I’m needed in the theatre. I quickly got kitted and went into the theatre. The Doctor then told me it’s just one baby and not two, and asked if he should go ahead with the tubal ligation we earlier agreed on. My wife was on the bed opened up and I told the Doctor to go ahead and do the tubal ligation, that I do not want her life risked anymore. As I came out of the theatre room, I walked into another room where the baby was already dressed and laid and placed on Oxygen. I quickly asked what’s the problem and why is he on Oxygen? I was later referred to OMEGA HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN situated at Ada George Road same day for special care of the baby. I spent that night at OMEGA with the baby.

The following day I went back to the hospital to see my wife. Immediately she saw me she asked of her baby. I brought out the pictures I had taken and showed her. That was the moment she asked of the second baby and I was dumbfounded. I told her it was only one baby the Doctors brought out but she refused and said it was two. It was at this point she asked the hospital to give her her scan result and her second baby. I told her to remain calm and that I’ll get the scan result for her. I made several requests and attempts for the scan result to be given to us as it was our property but the hospital refused.

As soon as the baby under special care was discharged from OMEGA HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN after 6 days of admission I went straight to the Doctor and decried the manner with which this issue was handled. My wife now seemingly strong and agitated called a police officer who happens to be a family member and reported the issue on ground. The Police officer requested for the Doctors mobile number and called him. To my greatest surprise, the Doctor denied I and my wife made demands for the scan result and the Doctor’s wife mentioned that the police officer in Lagos has no jurisdiction to be requesting for the scan results. Based on their refusal to release the scan result to us and the information from the police officer in Lagos I went to the Rumukpakani Divisional Police Station located at Ada George Road, Port Harcourt and lodged my complaints. The Police invited them for questioning and in the process the Doctor gave the police the scan result. I confronted them the next day and they told me boldly that the scan result is with the police now.

I immediately got my lawyers into the matter. The process seemed slow considering the gravity of the matter in question. It became pertinent after 2 weeks of a seemingly delayed action following the meeting at the Rumukpakani Divisional Police Station I went straight with my lawyers and reported the matter to the State CID. The state CID is currently investigating the matter and I’m getting worried. It’s over 7 weeks post-delivery and the emotional and psychological trauma is becoming unbecoming but we believe we shall get justice and our baby recovered.

From the vivid and graphical explanations of my wife of what transpired in the delivery room during the operation, a lot calls for questioning and the process wasn’t transparent. It’s not her first child and it’s not her first time to undergo a caesarian. She was awake and her eyes were open during the operation. They made the first pull and concealed it from her. They made the second pull and still did not show her the baby as its normally done.

I have sent a complaint to NAPTIP Zonal Command in Uyo, Child Protection Network, Rivers Indigenous NGO & Civil Society Network, CISHAN, and will involve any other body that can help us in getting justice and recovering our baby.

It's not been easy for me financially wrestling this matter and seeking justice and recovery of my baby. I am using this medium to call on men and women of goodwill and conscience to come to my aid and help us.

https://twitter.com/CalebKaruna/status/1294072889390637056?s=19

1 Like

Re: Man Narrate How One Of His Twins Was Taken Away At Child Birth In Port Harcourt by ausproxi(m): 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
This is serious! Please the Mod should move this to the front page
Re: Man Narrate How One Of His Twins Was Taken Away At Child Birth In Port Harcourt by uniqueboi1(m): 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2020
That hospital should be shut down and the staffs prosecuted.
We humans are just too wicked.
Re: Man Narrate How One Of His Twins Was Taken Away At Child Birth In Port Harcourt by illicit(m): 7:29am On Sep 01, 2020
Anaesthesia can make one to see double tho
Re: Man Narrate How One Of His Twins Was Taken Away At Child Birth In Port Harcourt by Fheelzz(m): 8:01am On Sep 01, 2020
Things dey occur
Nkan nbe, nkan kan for this country

(1) (Reply)

Is There Motor Park For North Destinations In Agege? / The Three (3) Indispendable Mindset Shifts That Will Land You Your Dream Job / How To Get Free Gift Card And Codes By Just Watching A Video!!.���

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.