Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,003 members, 7,863,611 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:30 PM

How To Become A Successful Artist - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Become A Successful Artist (146 Views)

If You Want A Successful 2020, You Must Not Do These Things On The First Day Of / How To Become A Successful Nigerian Blogger / How To Grow Your Side Hustle Into A Successful Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Successful Artist by soundvico(m): 7:10am On Sep 01, 2020
[url]=https://soundvico.com/how-to-become-a-better-musician/read more[/url]How can I become a famous artist?
This is a question often asked by young/upcoming artist who want to know how to become successful artist. here are our tips to help you become a better musician.
PRACTICE TECHNIQUES
This may seem like an obvious one, but the point we want to make is that simply playing your instrument is necessarily not the same as practicing
If you ever wondered how some people seem to learn pieces and scales quicker than you, how they improvise and sight read effortlessly and still seem to do less work than you the answer is they know how to practice music
Many people talk about ‘talented’ musicians... but it is tenacity not talent that wins the day. Browse the site now to find new and exciting techniques and tips on practicing music to help you start making more progress in less time.
“If I don’t practice the way I should, then I won’t play the way I know I can”
When a professional musician practices, they go through scales (or rudiments) repeatedly, working hard to improve their technique. Set yourself a dedicated practice or warm-up regime for each day to burn those scales into your memory.
Not only should you practice scales and exercises to maintain your abilities, but you should also challenge yourself to master something new as often as possible.
SET YOURSELF GOALS
Set yourself realistic targets at every opportunity and work towards them, whether that’s learning a certain scale by heart during one practice, or mastering a full song by the end of the week.
By accomplishing set goals, you’ll enjoy a greater sense of achievement as your skills begin to develop, and approach each practice session with a more productive attitude.
PATIENCE
Perhaps the most important quality in a musician looking to perfect their instrument is patience, especially if you’re just starting out. No one becomes a virtuoso overnight, so if you hit a wall, don’t worry, just keep going until you get it right. It takes a lot of time and effort to be a truly great musician.
Don't take your frustrations out on your instrument! Keep calm and carry on practising!
KEEP IT FUN
While it’s important to work on your scales and other (more boring) techniques - don't forget to keep your practice sessions fun! Learn your favourite songs and work on new material around your more regimented exercises to make sure you feel fresh and enthusiastic about your instrument. The worst thing for a musician is when playing becomes a chore, rather than an enjoyable experience.
ORGANISE A JAM SESSION
Whether you’re aiming to set up a new band, or just enjoy a friendly jam with friends, playing in a group can help to not only improve your technique but also your timing and improvisational skills.
Re: How To Become A Successful Artist by LawLab247: 7:18am On Sep 01, 2020
Cool

(1) (Reply)

Cheekychizzy – Facility (remix) Ft. Wande Coal, Peruzzi / Delete / Reading Head Start Review: Teach And Improve Your Child’s Reading Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.